Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    Pop culture puns
    I don't mind them in small bursts. Like the names of all the Klaxxon abilities in Dread Wastes, or that old EPL quest titled, "All Along the Watch Tower" and other quest with similar names or the Gnome Warrior quest reward with the lightsaber model named, "Very Light Saber". Even Harrison Jones as great as a random quest NPC in Ghostlands in the original ZA.

    It's things like Uldum that take the pop culture references too far and absolutely ruin both the joke and the game world.

  2. #162
    Empathy

    It only leads to blizzard nerfing parts of the game that make people feel superior to other players. Sharing is not how you win wars.

    On a serious note, dailies becoming the main source of ANYTHING.

    Dailies were designed as a way to support the change to quests at level cap which gave players a way of earning gold aside from farming monsters, because that was the only way to seriously earn gold and was why gold farmers had all the good spots locked down.

    The change to requiring you to do them to earn your faction rep is a dubious thing to do.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I did, what's your point?
    Night Elves came out of nowhere in WC3....

  4. #164
    MoP is now a WoW expansion, so it obviously belong to WoW

    Deathwing has been corrupted by an Old God (N'Zoth), and they're one of the greatest ennemies of our heroes

  5. #165
    1. Paladin T5 armor
    2. Tauren Paladin
    3. That kamenrider armor set from AQ

  6. #166
    The Lightbringer Auxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    3,251
    Surfing on the back of the Pandaren kites...

    Srsly? I heard that the Beta players HATED the old model where characters held onto the underneath of the kite.
    WTF players? How is surfing on a kite any better?

    I don't care if it's a "FANTASY GAME, HERP DERP". Kites operate with the wind. If you make up some excuse as to how it uses arcane energy to fly, then it is not a fracking KITE!
    Last edited by Auxis; 2013-03-27 at 11:19 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  7. #167
    Actually is using the arcane energy to manipulate the winds, which in turn will move the kite. I don't see the problem with that, do you even know how a river is lighting up your room? You'd say that can't happen, a river to make light, come on...

  8. #168
    I guess you're fine with the Gilnean town setting though?

    Warender - Orc Elemental Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

  9. #169
    The Lightbringer Auxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    3,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Actually is using the arcane energy to manipulate the winds, which in turn will move the kite. I don't see the problem with that, do you even know how a river is lighting up your room? You'd say that can't happen, a river to make light, come on...
    But, standing on the cloth part would still affect the movement, as your standing on the main part of where the wind pushes the kite.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  10. #170
    Dragons
    I remember when the dragon was a fearsome mythical creature, incredibly powerful, resistant if not immune to magic, and most importantly, RARE. Yet in WoW, not only are they a fairly common enemy that you easily slay by the dozen, their species makes up the vast majority of all flying mounts. This, coupled with WoW's cartoony art-style (which I'm not saying is always bad), makes them feel limp and impotent. Even Deathwing, arguably Blizzard's greatest triumph in terms of designing a badass looking beast, foundered by being an absentee overlord - a talker who accomplishes nothing after his initial surge.

  11. #171
    The Lightbringer Ciddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,972
    It's set in a fantasy universe. We're talking about a world where things like resurrecting the dead, teleportation, and conjuring food/water out of thin air are normal. One thing I really like about WoW is the fact that pretty much anything can "belong" there.

  12. #172
    Stood in the Fire Drfireburns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Dark Portal
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    It's set in a fantasy universe. We're talking about a world where things like resurrecting the dead, teleportation, and conjuring food/water out of thin air are normal. One thing I really like about WoW is the fact that pretty much anything can "belong" there.
    Exactly... It's all fantasy. Anything and everything can and does have a place in the game. Including a candy island.

  13. #173
    Epic! Iceleaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Santa Destroy
    Posts
    1,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    It's set in a fantasy universe. We're talking about a world where things like resurrecting the dead, teleportation, and conjuring food/water out of thin air are normal. One thing I really like about WoW is the fact that pretty much anything can "belong" there.
    Thats pretty vague way to say everything in this thread should belong to the game.

    There are differenes between universes. There are story elements that should limit the things that are possible.

    Does sci-fi like elements belong in fantasy? For example whole outland and goblin/gnome steampunk tech sounds quite high tech for fantasy sometimes. I dont mind myself but thats one thing people talk about.

    Magical teleporation is different, story- and element-wise, than lets say having pocketwatch that has so much tech in it it can throw you across the world and even into other planets.
    "when women wear makeup they’re basically lying to us"
    Well, I don’t see why women are being blamed if man is stupid enough to really think they have red and gold eyelids.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •