Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No races really came out of nowhere... Pandaren were first introduced with Chen Stormstout the Brewmaster as a bonus Hero in WC3. The Draenei have been a part of lore since WC3 in the form of the Broken and the Eredar. Blood Elves were in WC3, as well. Goblins were seen in WC2. And the Worgen were seen in Vanilla, albeit the feral ones and not the Gilneans.

I find it odd that Netherstorm is said to be alien when it's a zone in an alien world...

And Deathwing? Really? He's been in Warcraft lore longer than Arthas, Illidan, Kiljeaden, the naga, the old gods, etc.

And not to mention that Pandaren and Goblins were the two most DEMANDED races since WoW's creation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... Elitists? Or people whom think they have a huge e-peen and brags about it, just so you see them fail?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    What do you think - which things in wow dont belong there?

For me its:

1. MoP as a whole expansion - yes, i play MoP, but whole China-like architecture, quests, Npcs , its just feel alien seeing it in WoW, not to mention pandaren race and monks.

2. Netherstorm npcs and whole area in TBC - its like they came from the far future

3. Deathwing as a villain - just does not fit here

4. Harrison Jones - yes, good tip for him
    Yeah Deathwing wasn't in the Franchise before WoW or anything...

/rolleyes

Really? Also... how does it feel alien to see Eastern architecture? That's what multiple games do with expansions. Change themes around.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Outland had next to ZERO overall cohesion between its zones. It was like a fucking box of crayons.
    Aaaaand this. Outland feels weird. Much more "alien" than MoP.

Eurocentrism at its best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Aaaaand this. Outland feels weird. Much more "alien" than MoP.
    But alien would have been good; it just felt disjointed, similar to Cata in that aspect.

Deleted
    Instances and Phasing in an MMORPG.

They present instancing and phasing as great achievements, I say it's against the original idea of what an mmorpg should be about and it's like 10 steps backwards and not 1 step forward.

I don't have a solution to this and most of the gaming industry also has none, I just know that it's not MMORPG and it's not a seamless world if you're permanently taken out of it, basically everywhere where it matters, and put into your own little 5-25 man game, or maybe 80 man game in PvP. Allowing players to completely disappear from this world and preventing any form of interaction by teleporting them into instances is not MMORPG.

I think it was different in Ultima Online.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-03-27 at 12:16 AM.

scenarios.

imo they're a bad replacement for the old group quests.

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    scenarios.

imo they're a bad replacement for the old group quests.
    Hmmm I like scenarios but I think they should have kept group quests for 1-85. Now that we have CRZ it should be a lot easier to do them (or at least find groups).

I miss Silverpine forest and the pyrewood village and all those elite mobs

I find it funny when people complain about Pandaren lore and how MoP doesn't fit, when WC3 (one of the best RTS games of our generation, and heralded as a marvel in storytelling) completely changed Warcraft lore, including several retcons, introducing tons of new races and factions and even an entire new continent.

Yet somehow MoP, which essentially is doing the same as WC3 (updating old races' lore, explaining things in more detail, introducing a new race / continent, etc), came out of nowhere and doesn't match WoW at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    What doesn't feel like it belongs: Cataclysm Edition(Opinion Based)and what

Female Worgen: Honestly Blizzard listen to people way to much on this one......on that there is people who like it.Not me I despise them because they look nothing like there male counter part at all and breaks the immersion for one of the coolest races.

Most of the 1-60 revamped content and a portion of Uldum: Most of them were either decent or just outright terrible....and the worst one is they didn't do a damn thing with Stromgarde and Arathi Highlands(yeah not really Doesn't belong just a personal quip). Parodies are fine but when half a zone is parodies it just kills the mood of said zone.

Deathwing's retardation:Which has been addressed,he was not handled that well in Cataclysm.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    1. MoP as a whole expansion - yes, i play MoP, but whole China-like architecture, quests, Npcs , its just feel alien seeing it in WoW, not to mention pandaren race and monks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Short and simple: MOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Pandas, they had 0 significant impact on the lore before Pandailia, and now we play as them...
    Ya'll be tripping O.o

Also I wasn't aware that you could have China-like quests. Or NPC's for that matter. This isn't SATW :P

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    People who only log into various forums to whine about how this or that thing 'doesn't belong'. No one likes 'stop having fun' guy.
    Ha!

Yeah I gotta admit If I could get rid of one thing in WoW it would be the people who shout their opinions to the high heavens and yet don't have all the facts.*

*I am not in any way shape or form insinuating that any specific person in this thread or others is like this. If you assume that I am referring to you that is all on you!

Quote Originally Posted by haaku View Post
    Actually they did, and we have all read the lore, where did it once justify an whole expansion? Never.
    No they didn't come out of no where. Coming out of no where would be a entire new race with a entirely new area that no one has never heard of before. Chen is one of the FOUNDERS of Orgimmar. Obviously they need to expand or make new lore up to create more expansions. Are you gonna complain about a expansion that is out of nowhere, that isn't previously in the lore? Was the amount of lore for the Pandaren enough to justify the expansion? You would think no right, apparently you were wrong cause they did and did a good job at it. This isn't the first time they did this, they did this with the space goats and they had a role in TBC.

This was the first time IMO they Blizzard took a shot at creating something that was almost foreign to them. They had almost nothing to go back on, no lore, no back story from previous games about a race and the land they inhabit. They IMO NEEDED to do this, to show that they can make new lore. Not only that, the whole expansion isn't about the Pandaren or did you miss the Mantid, Mogu, the Zandalari trolls, the war between the Horde and Alliance, the whole Siege of Orgrimmar. Yes they play a big role this is true, but the whole expansion ISN'T about just them or even their main focus. I feel like the main focus is the Horde/Ally war and it just happens to be in Pandaria and it is shifting back to the main continents soon.

Doctorfreeze, we were just at Northrend a couple expansions ago. Does Blizzard make remake Northrend like they did with the old world? Bolvar as the Lich King and dealing with that, feels more like a major raid patch. If they were gonna do a Bolvar Lich King expansion, he better somehow move somewhere else to a brand new place. Even if you added Bolvar that is still what 3 arcs? As I said Blizzard will have to make new content up and Pandaria was their big test a test IMO they are passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    Pop culture puns
    I don't mind them in small bursts. Like the names of all the Klaxxon abilities in Dread Wastes, or that old EPL quest titled, "All Along the Watch Tower" and other quest with similar names or the Gnome Warrior quest reward with the lightsaber model named, "Very Light Saber". Even Harrison Jones as great as a random quest NPC in Ghostlands in the original ZA.

It's things like Uldum that take the pop culture references too far and absolutely ruin both the joke and the game world.

Empathy

It only leads to blizzard nerfing parts of the game that make people feel superior to other players. Sharing is not how you win wars.

On a serious note, dailies becoming the main source of ANYTHING.

Dailies were designed as a way to support the change to quests at level cap which gave players a way of earning gold aside from farming monsters, because that was the only way to seriously earn gold and was why gold farmers had all the good spots locked down.

The change to requiring you to do them to earn your faction rep is a dubious thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I did, what's your point?
    Night Elves came out of nowhere in WC3....

Deleted
    MoP is now a WoW expansion, so it obviously belong to WoW

Deathwing has been corrupted by an Old God (N'Zoth), and they're one of the greatest ennemies of our heroes

1. Paladin T5 armor
    2. Tauren Paladin
    3. That kamenrider armor set from AQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Surfing on the back of the Pandaren kites...

Srsly? I heard that the Beta players HATED the old model where characters held onto the underneath of the kite.
    WTF players? How is surfing on a kite any better?

I don't care if it's a "FANTASY GAME, HERP DERP". Kites operate with the wind. If you make up some excuse as to how it uses arcane energy to fly, then it is not a fracking KITE!
    Last edited by Auxis; 2013-03-27 at 11:19 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Actually is using the arcane energy to manipulate the winds, which in turn will move the kite. I don't see the problem with that, do you even know how a river is lighting up your room? You'd say that can't happen, a river to make light, come on...

I guess you're fine with the Gilnean town setting though?

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US