15+ Year Old Account

Why it is still so cold in the Netherlands.

Hello everyone!

I'd like you to give a fictional reason why it is still so cold in the Netherlands, while it's almost april already.

I'll go first: God replaced the sun with a lightbulb.

10+ Year Old Account
    The legalized weed smoke has formed a cloud of ash in the atmosphere above the country, obscuring light by up to 60%, causing a cooling effect!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I was in Northwestern Germany only a few days ago, and I can for sure tell that they aren't at fault for stealing the heat this time... we had a bloody snowstorm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    The legalized weed smoke has formed a cloud of ash in the atmosphere above the country, obscuring light by up to 60%, causing a cooling effect!
    This. /10 chars

Infracted: Please post more constructively.
    Last edited by Dyra; 2013-03-26 at 09:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure lol it's still freezing in TN.....we were in the 70's this time last year.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Deleted
    This is just one of the symptoms of the greenhouse effect. Global warming is a misnomer for the results of the greenhouse effect. It doesn't mean that it gets warmer everywhere on the planet. it means we're getting more extreme weather more often. in this case, snow in late march is actually pretty reasonable. I read an article that it's the coldest march in Belgium since the 1870's, which was right after the Little Ice Age. If the water temperature in the northern atlantic and the caribbean sea is changed enough, it could mean that the Gulf Stream is altered so the temperature in Western Europe plummets. remember, most of Europe is around the same distance from the equator as canada. If canadians had weather like this, they would complain about the heat, most likely.

Deleted
    Ireland is pretty much the same. I went to the beach this time last year. This year im still wearing my really warm socks

Deleted
    It's snowing in Romania too, so I can only guess Russia ordered a longer winter to make us pay for more gas.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    This is just one of the symptoms of the greenhouse effect. Global warming is a misnomer for the results of the greenhouse effect. It doesn't mean that it gets warmer everywhere on the planet. it means we're getting more extreme weather more often. in this case, snow in late march is actually pretty reasonable. I read an article that it's the coldest march in Belgium since the 1870's, which was right after the Little Ice Age. If the water temperature in the northern atlantic and the caribbean sea is changed enough, it could mean that the Gulf Stream is altered so the temperature in Western Europe plummets. remember, most of Europe is around the same distance from the equator as canada. If canadians had weather like this, they would complain about the heat, most likely.
    This is, of course, the serious response. Some additional argumentation. By global warming, the ice from the north pole melts. This creates an influx of cold water into the North Atlantic Current, and thus, colder weather on the western side of Europe. By not having the warmer air come from the west, the Siberian currents are free to come down on Eastern Europe as well with nothing stopping them.

In the summer it will be different, since it will be exactly the opposite. There will be unbearable heaths and droughts all over the world again, just like last year. In a few years the Amazon might fully dry out for some time during summer. For those that don't know, for a few years, during some weeks of the summer, some parts of the Amazon started drying out and turning into just a little river, as opposed to the giant one it is, something that's not normal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    non-fiction explanation
    Nzall... Pff, why so serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    It's snowing in Romania too, so I can only guess Russia ordered a longer winter to make us pay for more gas.
    I like this one:P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spring is still on break (heh). It will still be cold in April because that's when Spring fakes its medical certificate excusing it from coming into work.

It's.. Not that cold? Is it?

Oh, I see! I'm absorbing all the heat/warmth here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny enough it's been sunny here in Sweden for many days now and it starts geting warm for real. Snow is almost gone now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Because Our dear old planet is unaware that we are more than month into spring and we should have relatively comfortable temperatures.. Atleast it haven't snowed in a while in Denmark and the temperature is crawling up steadily as long as the sun is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Budget cuts on the sun's burning hours, probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightspear View Post
    This. /10 chars

Infracted: Please post more constructively.
    Come on Mod.... It's a fun thread, in the fun section....
    Nothing in here is constructive, by definition.

Dutchies.... It's horrible here too on the other side of the planet. One week strong basicaly into spring and we have temps in freezing range below zero (4 am, -7 celsius), where it should be already around 20 plus during the day... Damn winter won't let go that easy this time, I guess.