Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ji-Kun Achievement "Soft Hands"

Anybody has infos for this Achievement? Couldnt find infos on Goggle or WoWHead.
    Also I did not found any Golden Egg.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8097
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For more overused and misunderstood terminology in MMOs, see: Pay to Win, Casual, Hardcore, Carrot on a Stick, Ganking, Trolling

Pure speculation since I haven't had the chance to check it out, but it may be connected to the nest directly above the boss platform. I'm guessing it might be similar to the tree achievement on tsulong.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69816
    No idea where it is however.
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 100 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

I've looked everywhere on Ji-kun, I've talked to several people who've also looked in a multitude of places, and it's the general consensus that it hasn't been implemented yet.
    One theory is that the golden egg are the eggs in the middle that you break to get Ji-kun to come down, but I don't know how valid that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    I've looked everywhere on Ji-kun, I've talked to several people who've also looked in a multitude of places, and it's the general consensus that it hasn't been implemented yet.
    One theory is that the golden egg are the eggs in the middle that you break to get Ji-kun to come down, but I don't know how valid that is.
    Can't possibly be those, as you need to break them to get Ji-kun to spawn. She can't be attacked otherwise.

You'd need to spend several wipes looking through each pile of eggs to find it.

Nobody really knows how to do this, because ToT's only been out for a few weeks.

Even then, AOE is a nogo.

So if you want the achievement, don't AOE

Can anyone confirm that the egg is hidden in one of the nests? How many HP?

Going through our damage log, there was no record of anyone doing damage to a "Golden Egg" mob.

Maybe a speed kill?

I got Golden Egg NPC cached when we did Throne yesterday. So it is somewhere there.
    Shame that NPCscan doesn't work in the instances.

Maybe it's when the Fledglings lay eggs? Might be worth checking that out

It would explain why some guilds have not seen it as the fledglings often get killed pretty fast
    FC: 2809-9067-8996
    Grass safari with: Ivysaur - Pansage - ???

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    I got Golden Egg NPC cached when we did Throne yesterday. So it is somewhere there.
    Shame that NPCscan doesn't work in the instances.
    Do you have a Log available?
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For more overused and misunderstood terminology in MMOs, see: Pay to Win, Casual, Hardcore, Carrot on a Stick, Ganking, Trolling

Yeah, was flying around everywhere yesterday and couldn't manage to find it. Had a /tar golden egg macro that I spammed aswell.

maybe ji-kun spawns it at enrage or something? i'd enrage if i had to lay a golden egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    Do you have a Log available?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mk095z7lmahvrfj9/
    There's no Golden Egg in the log though.

What I did was:
    - Cleared my cache before our run.
    - Added NPC id 69816 to my NPCScan.
    - Checked NPCScan after every boss.
    Golden Egg was not cached when we killed Megaera.
    It got cached somewhere during the fight with Ji-Kun since it was marked with cross in NPCScan after the fight.

Unfortunately, I am tanking and I had no opportunity to fly around and try to find it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    maybe ji-kun spawns it at enrage or something? i'd enrage if i had to lay a golden egg.
    Well, the wording is "Defeat Ji-Kun in Throne of Thunder on Normal or Heroic Difficulty with the Golden Egg Still Intact". This assumes that the Egg gets harmed/damaged/destroyed/whatever-something at some point during the fight.

I think the key to this achievement is with the spiders hanging from the nests at the start of the encounter. The clump of web that attached them to the nest looks egg shaped and may be hiding the egg itself. We were doing it on heroic for the first time last night so I couldn't pay attention to what happens to the spiders on the pull but they were all gone on the 2nd attempt. They hang from each nest and around the main platform. I'm thinking you have to fly to them after the 1st nest to look for the egg.

http://puu.sh/2y8bL

looks golden and eggy to me

e: it disappeared sometime during the fight. oneshot achievement, someone fromnest 1 has to go and interact with it maybe?
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-04-15 at 01:23 PM. Reason: big image

I've been looking for it too and have never seen it.. I also think it must be one inbetween the nests somewhere that is not easily noticed or something

Quotey, I've noticed that lump above the platform as well. Nothing inside of it is targetable, though.

Depending on how other progress goes tonight, I'll be able to test that tonight or later in the week.

Part of me is still thinks Lushious is on the right track.

-Added NPC id 69816 to my NPCScan.

I did this as well except I'm a flyer. My NPCScan went off when I was flying up from the first nest and heading towards the 2nd.