Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I got 159 and I'm running out of mounts O.o

Okay, I could buy some mounts like the Klaxxi scorpid and farm mounts like Al'ar but that are not 41 mounts...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I got 159 and I'm running out of mounts O.o

Okay, I could buy some mounts like the Klaxxi scorpid and farm mounts like Al'ar but that are not 41 mounts...
    I'm at 190 and I still got plenty to go around. There should be a lot of mounts left to buy such as Netherwing, Sky Guard, The Nagrand mounts and others where you always get a whole bunch at once. Don't forget about the Meta Achievment ones and the RBG mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I'm at 190 and I still got plenty to go around. There should be a lot of mounts left to buy such as Netherwing, Sky Guard, The Nagrand mounts and others where you always get a whole bunch at once. Don't forget about the Meta Achievment ones and the RBG mount.
    Got all of them. Missing Gladiator mounts, 3 Meta mounts, TLPD, Green proto, blue proto,.. and some argent tournatment mounts. So yes, it's possible... but it's a lot to do (which is good!). And all for another dragonhawk :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    I was hoping for like 175. I'm at 172
    Doubt blizz will start making 25 mount achieves, since they seem to be having the 50 mount milestone.

I am currently at 222 mounts on main, 225 on paladin. Still have Aeonaxx, Posiedus, Asani, 4 gold mounts (The 2 rockets, the black panther, yak, grand yak is next in terms of gold), hrmmm...

Sha, Galleon, Alysrazor (solo weekly on main) Onyxia (Solo weekly on 7 alts, all my 90s), Ultraxion, Pureblood Firehawk (Didnt make the cut during 4.3) Blazing Drake, Mim's head, Invicible, Elegon mount, Horridon mount, Ji-Kun mount (Although that ones slightly out of reach. Should be downing Tortos/Meg this week), both 5.0 raid achieve mounts... Oondasta, Nalak mounts.

Of course, all but 6 of these mounts depend on a TON of luck. 4 of them require a TON of gold. (I actually have everything but the orbs for one of the rockets). 2 of them are doable now, but i need to get up a competent group, might be using openraid some more now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I'll never get this

it took me 3 years to get the 100 mount achievement

I`m upset that blizzard didnt listen to us who wanted a 200 mount achievement at the start, but im happy they are listening now. Onwards to 250, hopefully this or next patch

10+ Year Old Account
    dammit..don't even have 150mounts yet...but i have 480+ unique battlpets and they won't add 500 achievement? -,-

I don't see what the point of this achievement is outside of yet another gold sink. They added in like 30-40 mounts with MoP that all cost a ridiculous amount, and now they're forcing achievement hunters to buy them (Similar to the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth/Grand Expedition Yak)

I'd like it if they created a new dragonhawk model like they did with the new gryphons/windriders in Shieldwall/Dominance Offensive. The model is a bit old and somehow was never as cool as I thought it would be. But they probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    I don't see what the point of this achievement is outside of yet another gold sink. They added in like 30-40 mounts with MoP that all cost a ridiculous amount, and now they're forcing achievement hunters to buy them (Similar to the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth/Grand Expedition Yak)
    1) Point is, it's fun.
    2) Gold sink? You think people who aren't already mount collectors will shell out a lot of gold to get mounts just for a mount achi?
    3) Some people have a really peculiar idea of what "forced" means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    9 mounts away from 200, I'm really just looking at getting lucky with rare drops since finding achievement runs on my server is next to impossible (and I refuse to burn that much gold on mounts I think are not even remotely worth it). This dragon hawk better be amazing because that kite was woeful.

10+ Year Old Account
    202 on my Horde character, I dunno how much I have +Alliance.

REALLY bummed out it's another Dragonhawk. I hate what my tauren looks like on Dragonhawks, he looks like he's crushing their heads in with his weight.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'd like it if they created a new dragonhawk model like they did with the new gryphons/windriders in Shieldwall/Dominance Offensive. The model is a bit old and somehow was never as cool as I thought it would be. But they probably won't.

1) Point is, it's fun.
    2) Gold sink? You think people who aren't already mount collectors will shell out a lot of gold to get mounts just for a mount achi?
    3) Some people have a really peculiar idea of what "forced" means.
    I get that it's fun farming up the rare mounts off bosses and what not, but just buying the 8 different recolours? Not quite my slice of pie, and I don't see how you could enjoy that.
    Yes I think they will. I for one am only at 174 and I'll have to purchase all the new MoP mounts to get this achievement. I wouldn't have if it wasn't for the achievement.
    It's forced because I can't get that 10 points from anywhere else. It'd be cool if it was like a FoS of some sort, but anyone who farms achievements will have to blow the cash for it to remain competitive.

I get that it's fun farming up the rare mounts off bosses and what not, but just buying the 8 different recolours? Not quite my slice of pie, and I don't see how you could enjoy that.
    Yes I think they will. I for one am only at 174 and I'll have to purchase all the new MoP mounts to get this achievement. I wouldn't have if it wasn't for the achievement.
    It's forced because I can't get that 10 points from anywhere else. It'd be cool if it was like a FoS of some sort, but anyone who farms achievements will have to blow the cash for it to remain competitive.
    So achievements are more important than mount collecting? Or should every achievement just be nerfed so that its within the realm of possibility for anyone? Its an achievement because its not supposed to be easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    For the Argent Tournament: you can get the tabard (although that'll cost you tokens that could otherwise be used on mounts). If you're an Engineer, the Northrend Wormhole Generator has a Storm Peaks option which takes you to Ulduar - which is a quicker flight than from Dalaran. Failing either of these, do what I do when I have something that's somewhat off the beaten path: do it last one day and then first the next.

For Netherwing: Get exalted with the Black Temple raid rep (apologies for forgetting the name); at Exalted you get an item that allows you to port to Black Temple.
    Just a quick note - the Blessed Medallion of Karabor isn't for exalted with Ashtongue Deathsworn but for completing the whole attunement line to BT (which awards the normal Medallion fo Karabor, the item you needed to enter BT) + the continuation of that line inside BT (which awards the Blessed one after killing Illidan). And I heard it's currently bugged that it ends after the attunement part, so the Blessed version is apparently unobtainable...

Quote Originally Posted by Tayona View Post
    So achievements are more important than mount collecting? Or should every achievement just be nerfed so that its within the realm of possibility for anyone? Its an achievement because its not supposed to be easy.
    No, but there's a difference between an exciting achievement and a gold sink. Any retard can blow 200k and get X mounts, doesn't make it an achievement.

235 mounts here... bout time!

No, but there's a difference between an exciting achievement and a gold sink. Any retard can blow 200k and get X mounts, doesn't make it an achievement.
    Then do it if its so easy. I dont have a yak, Epic JC cat or the Gnomish rocket and Im still over 200. Farm more if you don't want to spend gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayona View Post
    Then do it if its so easy. I dont have a yak, Epic JC cat or the Gnomish rocket and Im still over 200. Farm more if you don't want to spend gold.
    It's not a point of whether or not I can do it, because if I wanted to blow gold on mounts I could do it with no problem. It's the fact that you have to blow gold on mounts if you want this achievement. I get the fact that they want gold sinks in the game, but why do they have to perpetuate the idea upon the people who perfer achievements over mounts?

I didnt even know there was 100 mounts lol. 200?? Geezus

It's not a point of whether or not I can do it, because if I wanted to blow gold on mounts I could do it with no problem. It's the fact that you have to blow gold on mounts if you want this achievement. I get the fact that they want gold sinks in the game, but why do they have to perpetuate the idea upon the people who perfer achievements over mounts?
    Do you not see the hypocracy in your statement? Should they cater to those who prefer achievements over mounts?