Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you just come to a forum comprised largely of 18-25 year olds, and ask them all why they are jerks? You must have seen this not going well.

OT: I can't really agree with you 100% There are the good and the bad. I think it generally it's a case by case situation.

OP is either 15 or 45. /laugh

on topic, you're wrong. it's not a matter of age. no need to thank me for clearing this one up for you, btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Probably has to do with voting for Obama and then watching their futures disappear.
    Can we not have ONE DAY where random people dont take a completely unrelated subject and turn it into Obama/Romney bashing.

Jesus election's over give it a rest fucks sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Its good to know you'll get banned for disliking Obama, but bashing Romey or anyone else is A-O-Fucking-K!
    Did you not see the reasoning? Disliking Obama is fine - I'm not his biggest fan - but trolling is not.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't noticed this

Because thats the age where you finally see the world for what it is

A big pile of shit where dreams are crushed and broken and where life is completely unfair

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Something I've noticed recently is that people within this age group have started acting like they're the only person in existence and that everything else must make way for them. Few examples:

Exercising in the park I see someone sprinting in the opposite direction, I automatically slow down and move to one side, he however continues his top speed run in a straight line right past, if I hadn't moved we would have collided for sure.

Coming up to a door the girl in front opens the door the minimum amount possible just enough so she can squeeze her 6 inch wide body through ignoring the fact I am right behind and lets it slam shut. That just isn't normal.

Avoids eye contact at all costs, if eye contact does happen to be made it's often a serious look like they are ready for action or a fight.

At the swimming baths doing a lane swim I see people swimming the casual breast stroke in the fast lane, I daren't say anything because some people snap at this point.

So what's going on there?
    You have a few bad experiences and you think people being a certain age has anything to do with it?

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 04:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Because thats the age where you finally see the world for what it is

A big pile of shit where dreams are crushed and broken and where life is completely unfair
    Probably the truth ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by ImmaGoku View Post

I'll tell you whats going on, you're ignorant to other peoples' situations. Good day sir.

Aren't you just proving the OP correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Something I've noticed recently is that people within this age group have started acting like they're the only person in existence and that everything else must make way for them. Few examples:

Exercising in the park I see someone sprinting in the opposite direction, I automatically slow down and move to one side, he however continues his top speed run in a straight line right past, if I hadn't moved we would have collided for sure.

Coming up to a door the girl in front opens the door the minimum amount possible just enough so she can squeeze her 6 inch wide body through ignoring the fact I am right behind and lets it slam shut. That just isn't normal.

Avoids eye contact at all costs, if eye contact does happen to be made it's often a serious look like they are ready for action or a fight.

At the swimming baths doing a lane swim I see people swimming the casual breast stroke in the fast lane, I daren't say anything because some people snap at this point.

Seems like you have bad luck or something. Maybe the problem is you? I am 21 and I am chill and relaxed, in fact chances are you'd probably get pissed at me cause I casually stroll to places rather than walk like 10mph.

Some advice: Don't make generalizations about groups of people. They aren't really true and most people make the generalizations after something very mild happens by a few members of that group, which is the case here.
    Call me House.

Crap, let's add in old people too. Always asking me to fix their email and stuff. lmgtfy, damn.

Let's not stop there. Everyone, regardless of age, seems to think I'm supposed to put on pants when I walk out my front door. WTF is with that?

Then there's some really old guy named Plato who said some even older guy named Socrates said: "Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers."

Seriously, what's with people in 400 BC?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

What's the deal with people from the UK always generalising.
    See what I did there.

It isn't based on an age group, this is a per person thing. It is obvious however your experiences are with people from this general age group.

1. The person may have been thinking about moving over or going around you but since you moved aside they said "oh they moved, I guess I'll keep going." Or they could be the jerk pointed out, but two sides to the story.

2. Perhaps the girl didn't realize you were there? Maybe she was in a hurry? I'm sure if she realized someone was behind her based on her intentions there would've been a different action involved.

3. Eye contact can make lots of people nervous. The serious look could be just their natural reaction to when someone looks them in the eye, it doesn't have to mean they're gonna fight or anything it could just mean they don't realize they do it.

4. I've never been somewhere that has a pool with designated swimming lanes so I'm not sure on "the rules." However if no one is wanting to swim in the fast lane for it's actual use then no one is going to say anything since it's not really bothering anyone.

Take this example, 3 people are coloring, there are 5 colors total. Let's say 2 of those people are both using 2 colors while the 3rd person is using the remaining color. If the person with 1 color doesn't want or need to use any of the other 4 colors then they will ignore the other 2 people, even if those 2 people are done using the colors. However if the person with 1 color is in need/want of one of the other 4 colors and it is in use then they can either ask for it now, wait till the person finishes, or even ask the person to let them use it when they are done.

Yes this example seems silly, but it's the same exact situation. If no one needs/wants the lane who cares what someone is doing with it? I would understand if you wanted to use the fast lane to swim fast, but if you don't it's not like the person is hurting anyone else.

This all just seems like your own personal experiences with a one sided view of things. Besides, none of these situations really point out to someone being "grumpy" or "aggressive," all they show is experiences with a negative view on things.

Again, two sides to every story.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Maybe they are not too happy about being in their primes during a shit economy?
    then tell em to focus that anger on the rich assholes who made this shit economy and take them out.....lol.

Coming up to a door the girl in front opens the door the minimum amount possible just enough so she can squeeze her 6 inch wide body through ignoring the fact I am right behind and lets it slam shut.
    i have to agree with this on a every age level. i was always taught to hold the door open for other people so i make sure to do this when someone is behind me but it is shocking to see how many people are so self absorbed that they cant take 5 seconds to look over their shoulder to see if someone is comming behind them and to hold the door open. you dont even have to hold it all the way open just enough to make it look like you give a shit about someone else then yourself lol. /endrant

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    i have to agree with this on a every age level. i was always taught to hold the door open for other people so i make sure to do this when someone is behind me but it is shocking to see how many people are so self absorbed that they cant take 5 seconds to look over their shoulder to see if someone is comming behind them and to hold the door open. you dont even have to hold it all the way open just enough to make it look like you give a shit about someone else then yourself lol. /endrant
    To be fair I "tested" this at the cinema. Like the exit door, but for some weird reason each time I go there, people help out and hold the door as much as they can. And it doesn't matter if they are old or young, they almost all do it. So don't know what you are about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 22, I'm probably a bit grumpy but in no way am I aggressive, and I have manners so wouldn't do any of the things you described.

I could easily give you many examples for grumpy aggressive people of any age, or more specifically how anyone over 60 seems to feel incredibly self entitled, but I won't because that would be a gross generalization. A lot of people over 60 feel self entitled, and a lot don't. Every age group, or actually every group, has people in it from pretty much all extremes. Experiencing a high amount of people from one group towards a certain extreme doesn't mean everyone in that group is that extreme or even that most are, just that your experiences with these people from that extreme stands out in your mind. Which is understandable.

I've noticed this between myself and other people who work in my office to some extent. The aggression part at least. I think when you put a bunch of males in their early teens to mid-twenties in one area we subconsciously attempt to Alpha male one another at times simply to see who can get away with the most / lead in some ways. It's pretty much a primal part of people that's hard to get away from and it can lead to some VERY interesting conflicts that older people in the office just kind of look at and shake their head. Granted its nothing physical but it's more about asserting control wherever possible. Just a little personal insight on that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it the opposite really. I find ~9/10 people in the 18-25 demographic highly pleasant to work with compared to 26-34 (~7/10) and 35+ (~6/10)

The hardest to deal with are 55+ (~5/10). Then again generalizations are not reflective of everyone else's experience, ymmv. In addition I work in the hospitality industry.