Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    So Yshaarj feeds on negative emotions. Kind of figured.

He seemed to be freaking out when the Gob Squad and Malkorok were near him. Wonder how that container will react when it's near Garrosh.
    Not the Gob Squad though, as they are in Durotar. These were just a bunch of goblins hired for an excavation in Vale.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Note that a huge amount of time has passed since Warcraft 3, around about twenty-five years. Thrall is now much older, and he is a father.
    It hasn't been THAT long. Closer to 10-13 years. It's possible to even argue that it's only been 7-9 years since the events of WC3. WoW takes place 5 years after WC3, 3 years after TFT (Bonus Campaign). BC took place 1 year after classic, and Wrath, Cata, MoP, all seem to follow the trend of 1 year between xpacs. I mean unless you think Jaina's in her mid/late 40s now, lol.

Where the heck did you get 25 from?

http://web.archive.org/web/200809051.../timeline.html

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No. Again, it was stated in Cata that Wc3 RoC ended 10 years ago, and Wrathion tells Anduin that he hatched 2 years ago.
    From what I remember, an interview stated that the 10 years was simply a rounded off number and blizzard was too bad at coordinating its writers to keep a proper timeline erm... I mean... intentionally remained vague to allow for players in later expansions to jump right into the story. I can't seem to find the interview though, so it may all just have been a fever dream.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    Whewt, dark whisperings from beneath the world. Love it. Seems like a revival of Y'Shaarj is in the wings, extreme death or not.

Hmmm. I just listened to Grizzle Gearslip sound files. It sounds like Garrosh isn't to well liked by the Goblins either. Not good for Garrosh.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    From what I remember, an interview stated that the 10 years was simply a rounded off number and blizzard was too bad at coordinating its writers to keep a proper timeline erm... I mean... intentionally remained vague to allow for players in later expansions to jump right into the story. I can't seem to find the interview though, so it may all just have been a fever dream.
    Be that as it may, Matoclaw directly states that it's been a decade.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyprime View Post
    Hmmm. I just listened to Grizzle Gearslip sound files. It sounds like Garrosh isn't to well liked by the Goblins either. Not good for Garrosh.
    Yes, that was interesting. Seems that despite Gallywix is the only Garrosh supporter (simply because war = money), it seems that the rest of the Bilgewater are tired of being treated like dirt.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    It means Vol'jin can get them to backstab him when he needs them the most: During the war for all their airships. Vol'jin could argue that he will give them a better place in the Horde, unlike Garrosh

Be that as it may, Matoclaw directly states that it's been a decade.

Aah found it: http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...woag?context=3 .
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

So Y'Shaarj is still alive? Maybe Garrosh captures his essence, or what's left of the old god and takes it to Orgrimmar. So, the final battle is probably Garrosh + Y'Shaarj combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    It hasn't been THAT long. Closer to 10-13 years. It's possible to even argue that it's only been 7-9 years since the events of WC3. WoW takes place 5 years after WC3, 3 years after TFT (Bonus Campaign). BC took place 1 year after classic, and Wrath, Cata, MoP, all seem to follow the trend of 1 year between xpacs. I mean unless you think Jaina's in her mid/late 40s now, lol.

Where the heck did you get 25 from?

http://web.archive.org/web/200809051.../timeline.html
    We know the Cata - Mop gap is 2 years.

Funny you mention Jaina in her 40s. Khadgar mentions her being around a decade younger than him in Tides of War, and he was in his late 30s/early 40s in BC (He was 17 when cursed and 22 during the Expedition to Draenor according to the books). There's a lot of evidence (even more than I mentioned) placing Mop a decade, give or take a few years, after WC3.

Not the Gob Squad though, as they are in Durotar. These were just a bunch of goblins hired for an excavation in Vale.
    Ah! My bad. I misinterpreted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next expansion is pretty clear the burning legion due the new soundfiles of Wrathion.

And Garrosh File next please! ;3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    So the heart of Y'shaar'j is what Ra-den was talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    Next expansion is pretty clear the burning legion due the new soundfiles of Wrathion.

And Garrosh File next please! ;3
    Might not next bust it they are coming back for sure.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    That goblin's faux ass kissing was great. You can really feel the loyalty...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treno View Post
    We know the Cata - Mop gap is 2 years.

Funny you mention Jaina in her 40s. Khadgar mentions her being around a decade younger than him in Tides of War, and he was in his late 30s/early 40s in BC (He was 17 when cursed and 22 during the Expedition to Draenor according to the books). There's a lot of evidence (even more than I mentioned) placing Mop a decade, give or take a few years, after WC3.
    The problem is that the Warcraft timeline isn't consistent. Even if you go by dates given in WoW itself, like that NPC who said the war of the shifting sands was a decade ago (before Cata). I forget the name of the NPC right now, but someone here should know what I'm talking about.

Well, at least Garrosh will still have one Horde racial leader on his side: Ji Firepaw!

We shall fight... the seven heads of garroshaarj.

Actually, there's an interesting idea. The garrosh encounter has seven phases, where he adopts a different 'face' each time, one for each of the sha. Garrosh has had enough personality flips to make that possible.

Phase 1 - fear: child garrosh, sick, weak and abandoned
    Phase 2 - despair: The garrosh from TBC, crushed beneath the weight of his father's legacy
    Phase 3 - violence: The garrosh from the comics and the beginning of WotLK, seeking to solve each of his problems through mindless aggression
    Phase 4 - anger: The garrosh from the end of WotLK, angry at thrall for not doing anything about the alliance threat, angry at sylvanas for allowing traitors to roam free, angry at Varian for insulting his people when they were only victims, angry at Saurfang for doubting him
    Phase 5 - doubt: garrosh after just being appointed warchief, unsure of his abilities
    Phase 6 - hatred: Garrosh from Cata, hateful of everything he doesn't see as the true horde
    Phase 7 - pride: Garrosh from MoP, arrogant to the point where it may destroy the people he was tasked to protect

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Yes, WoWhead have them.

It starts at 33:30.
    Yes! The God still lives. We have gone far too long without seeing an actual Old God instead of just one of their minions.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So basically,

Malkorok has got loads of goblins to bring, what is very likely to be, the 7th Sha in a box to Orgrimmar.
    Vol'Jin and Baine are preparing for open rebellion while Thrall still has doubts.
    Varian is becoming good pals with the woman he nearly killed for kidnapping her son.
    Wrathion is up to his usual stuff.