Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    I await the masterful tale of redemption and absolution in the eyes of both peoples that you can spin (convincingly) in less than 500 words.
    I'm not a writer so i have to disappoint you. But i think you got it all wrong anyway. My problem with Blizzards writing in this case is not the prosa, it's that they (ImO) had a beloved character and a well known and up to that point peaceful faction act against their characterization just because they needed a hook for their dungeons and Vol'jin was the easy way.

Either way, you may like what Vol'jin did or not, i just wanted to say that it's not just a case of people wanting to see heroes die, at least in the case of Vol'jin i think i have a pretty good reason of wanting to see him dead or removed (or, my favorite, as a prisoner of the Zalandari ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I'm not a writer so i have to disappoint you. But i think you got it all wrong anyway. My problem with Blizzards writing in this case is not the prosa, it's that they (ImO) had a beloved character and a well known and up to that point peaceful faction act against their characterization just because they needed a hook for their dungeons and Vol'jin was the easy way.

Either way, you may like what Vol'jin did or not, i just wanted to say that it's not just a case of people wanting to see heroes die, at least in the case of Vol'jin i think i have a pretty good reason of wanting to see him dead or removed (or, my favorite, as a prisoner of the Zalandari ).
    Sounds pretty stupid to have a character killed because you didn't like the way a certain faction went. Sounds spiteful to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Where is it not coming from? Limited resources and they want them all for their race.
    The rallying cry of the trolls throughout this whole arc has been to reclaim their land or secure a new homeland, not global conquest or the enslavement of other races.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post

Or maybe blizzard works on storylines more than one expansion at a time and it was the first step in a planned story arc with the Zandalari, with us gaining new information down the road in MoP. I have no trouble believing that after having their comfortable homeland shattered they'd turn to uniting the dwindling troll empires and trying to restore their people to glory rather than a slow extinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Or maybe blizzard works on storylines more than one expansion at a time and it was the first step in a planned story arc with the Zandalari, with us gaining new information down the road in MoP. I have no trouble believing that after having their comfortable homeland shattered they'd turn to uniting the dwindling troll empires and trying to restore their people to glory rather than a slow extinction.
    Thing is, in Cataclysm, BEFORE that patch, we worked with the Zandalar to -stop- Gurubashi expansion.

EDIT:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Chabal

The Gurubashi are dead, and Hakkar with them. Most of my fellow Zandalar have returned to their homeland. It falls to me, Maywiki, and the Darkspears of Bambala to watch over Zul'Gurub now.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Surkhan

The Skullsplitters are an embarrassment to the troll empire. Their petty squabbles with the Bloodscalps have torn Northern Stranglethorn apart. Where tribes like the Darkspear and the Zandalari thrive, the Skullsplitters fight over ruins.
    I have been authorized to issue rewards to mercenaries who are willing to deliver punishment to the Skullsplitters. I encourage you, and anyone you know, to travel south to Zul'Mamwe and cull their wayward tribe.
    Everything suggested they were friendly with the Darkspear, and that this 'sinking Zandalar' thing was developed as last minute justification.
    Last edited by Skytotem; 2013-03-31 at 02:48 AM.
    Twas brillig

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Thing is, in Cataclysm, BEFORE that patch, we worked with the Zandalar to -stop- Gurubashi expansion.

EDIT:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Chabal

http://www.wowpedia.org/Surkhan

Everything suggested they were friendly with the Darkspear, and that this 'sinking Zandalar' thing was developed as last minute justification.
    Yeah, the Zandalari were friendly when both the Horde and Alliance shared interests with them.

Just like every other race and faction, the Zandalar trolls are only in it for themselves and if the Darkspear or anyone else wants to get in their way (in the case of Mists, stopping them from making a home on Pandaria), any previous friendship isn't going to mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Barlie830 View Post
    Yeah, the Zandalari were friendly when both the Horde and Alliance shared interests with them.

Just like every other race and faction, the Zandalar trolls are only in it for themselves and if the Darkspear or anyone else wants to get in their way (in the case of Mists, stopping them from making a home on Pandaria), any previous friendship isn't going to mean anything.
    See, that's the thing, I don't get why the interests still aren't shared.

Why not work with the Horde to take back land from the Alliance?

I don't get why that's not a possibility.
    Twas brillig

Long time reader first time poster.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but the person Chen sends you to talk to regarding the emperor has an interesting name:

Seer Hao Pham Roo is an anagram for "Emperor Shaohao" so the soundfile now makes sense when he repeats "when I was young..."

Has the emperor been alive all this time? Start speculating!

Quote Originally Posted by Hav View Post

Not sure if this has been posted yet but the person Chen sends you to talk to regarding the emperor has an interesting name:

Seer Hao Pham Roo is an anagram for "Emperor Shaohao" so the soundfile now makes sense when he repeats "when I was young..."

>.> .... You may be on to something.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav View Post

Nailed it.