Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Right now, they do. You need to add a /cancelaura fnb /cast Incinerate macro because of this. Its actually pretty annoying. I would even prefer the old design over it. The only positive aspect is that you can use a regular /cast fnb /cast Inci macro and spam that while swimming in embers, meaning no delays like you have now while waiting for the cast to finish before pressing the macro. (using a castsequence macro produces a delay too)
    Perhaps we're doing it differently, but that's not what I was seeing on PTR. Cast FnB and the appropriate spells change to their AoE versions. Casting Fel Flame or RoF did not change them back. FnB stayed active until I had less than one ember at which point they changed back to their single target versions and kept firing off normally.

Thats what i said. Thats why you need a cancelaura macro. Or do you want to felflame until you have your 10 emberbits? I guess not.

Thats what i said. Thats why you need a cancelaura macro. Or do you want to felflame until you have your 10 emberbits? I guess not.
    I thought you were trying to say that if you run out of embers that it keeps FnB on but gives you a message saying you're out of embers.

Either way I think it's a pretty nice QoL improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Haess View Post
    I thought you were trying to say that if you run out of embers that it keeps FnB on but gives you a message saying you're out of embers.
    That happens too if you try to cast incinerate/immolate or conflagrate while fnb is up and you have less then 10 emberbits. Thats why you need, i say it the third time, a cancelaura macro for fire and brimstone. And that is just clunky.

That happens too if you try to cast incinerate/immolate or conflagrate while fnb is up and you have less then 10 emberbits. Thats why you need, i say it the third time, a cancelaura macro for fire and brimstone. And that is just clunky.
    Can you not just hit FnB again?

No, if you put it on, it stays on. No matter how often you press the key. Only way to turn it off is so cast a fnb spell or to use a cancel aura macro. (or delete the buff manually in the upper corner )

Lets wait and hope that its not going to get live like that.

5.3 Demonic Gateway testing results.

Negative Notes:

1) Very Easy to kill
    2) Resource generator for enemy team. Ember bits/Chi/Runic Power for eg. 2 Embers or 4 shards on a kill is the worst Culprit.
    3) Can be Tab Targeted/Macro spells work (/target demonic gateway works). IMO, Macros SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED.
    4) Killing one end of the demonic gateway is enough to destroy it. I personally believe they should be able to kill it, but they need to do it at both ends. Just not the one closest to them.

Positive Notes:

1) AoE doesn't dmg DG
    2) Cleaves doesn't dmg DG
    3) DG cannot be DoTed

Not sure if it can be healed. I doubt it. It seems to work like totems.

Edit: us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569329474
    Last edited by foxyloxy; 2013-04-14 at 09:24 PM.

Does it count as a target for Shockwave?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Does it count as a target for Shockwave?
    Nope. I just tested it. It doesn't do dmg to the DG. Doesn't count towards the target limit that reduces shockwave cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyloxy View Post
    Nope. I just tested it. It doesn't do dmg to the DG. Doesn't count towards the target limit that reduces shockwave cooldown.
    That's something at least.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I tweeted GC about this mechanic as well. It just feels very wrong especially with all the button spamming going on in destro you might either miss an FnB in the middle of your AoE or you come out of the AoE with FnB on and no sensible way to turn it back off. I think a toggle mechanic like Metamorphosis or Burning Rush has would probably work ok for it.
    Last edited by sharkee; 2013-04-15 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkee View Post
    I tweeted GC about this mechanic as well. It just feels very wrong especially with all the button spamming going on in destro you might either miss an FnB in the middle of your AoE or you come out of the AoE with FnB on and no sensible way to turn it back off. I think a toggle mechanic like Metamorphosis or Burning Rush has would probably work ok for it.
    Stance would make the most sense. (As long as it doesn't have a CD, like shadowform)

Deleted
    When they are at it, being able to toggle it on/off mid-cast could be nice too.

Deleted
    removal of ember cost would also make sense in my opinion. it wouldnt boost our aoe, just make it feel more.. smooth. the dmg reduction built in fnb is a penalty enough.

edit: except for enormous ember regen it would provide. but that could be adressed as well.

Fire and Brimstone changed in 5.3!

Fire and Brimstone no longer requires a Burning Ember to cast. Instead, the spell causes Immolate, Incinerate, Conflagrate, and Curse spells to consume a Burning Ember when cast, and the effect remains active as long as the Warlock has at least 1 Burning Ember remaining.

Rejoice! At least im happy, using Fire and Brimstone was very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    Rejoice! At least im happy, using Fire and Brimstone was very annoying.
    Especially with my occasionally high latency, I would literally have to pause casting, wait for Fn'B to activate, then cast my next spell. It was clunky as all hell and a huge DPS loss for people with bad interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Livendula View Post
    Especially with my occasionally high latency, I would literally have to pause casting, wait for Fn'B to activate, then cast my next spell. It was clunky as all hell and a huge DPS loss for people with bad interwebs.
    That as well, FnB was simply one of the worst designed spells i ever used on a Class especially when you swim in Embers and have to spam FnB.. for the occasional FnB it's fine but not when you have to spam it like hell, especially because you aren't supposed to only spam Incinerate but get your Curse and Immolate up, if it aint trash dying too fast which only makes the current design a failure as the only way to maximise dps here is using a Macro for each spell so you get zero downtime as /castsequence does not support cast queue for some reasons.

Im excited to do this on live, My FnB is on my mouse. So when spamming FnB my thumb gets very sore. Im sure this will be a little dps upgrade for me too, since latency
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some usefull changes, GAteway getting 100% of lock's health, and this:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Affliction

Haunt now refunds a Soul Shard when it is dispelled.
    Should be nice for PvP.

I'm concerned by the apparent inability to toggle off FnB with the 5.3 version. I see people expressing dissatisfaction with the current implementation, but it's not really all that big of a deal from what I've used it for. Granted, I'm still progressing on 10M Normal, but this is how I see it:
    /cast [mod:shift] FnB
    /cast Spell

Replace Spell with an ability, and it will spread whatever FnB is capable of effecting. There may be a delay equal to input lag, preventing you from immediately queuing up the next FnB until your current Spell finishes casting, but simplying holding the Shift button as you mash your hotkey of choice seems to work just fine.

In the new design, with the reported lack of deactivation toggle, we're stuck casting FnB-buffed spells until we either CancelAura or run out of embers. I see this as being problematic when we want to stop AoE to conserve embers when the number of targets drops too low. To me, it seems like it will add a hotkey to the mix when we want to switch back to normal spellcasting. I'd rather just press Shift when I want to AoE and leave it off when I don't. I like making a conscious decision to AoE before I press the button, as opposed to having to turn off AoE later. Then, let us not forget the less-skilled (newb) players. Can't stop AoE until you run out of gas? Not player friendly design.

The only saving grace I can see with this would be having the ability to un-FnB a cast in-process, assuming it checks the FnB condition when the spell finishes casting instead of when the cast begins.