Anti-Magic Zone Question

Does Anti-Magic Zone scale with anything in MOP? Using it for a couple of fights in Throne and wondering if anyway to increase the absorb considering it is a small amount when compared to bosses and doesn't last nearly the 10 seconds.

Anti-Magic Zone

lookie lookie at the tooltip -> Strength scaling

AMZ is crap for lots of small magic damage on multiple targets. The only good use is for a single big AoE blast as it'll slightly bug out and give everyone the max amount of absorb due to lag making it actually nice (and making you waste it's potential if there's a small 10k AoE tick with 20 people under the bubble right before the blast)...

It can be great but the potential of failure is high. It's kinda like engineering

10+ Year Old Account
    It needs to be changed to do a set amount of spell reduction, say 30%. Give dks some damn raid utility. >_>
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't AMZ always been kinda crappy for PvE though? Surely it's not supposed to save a whole raid. More like 1-3 people or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Hasn't AMZ always been kinda crappy for PvE though? Surely it's not supposed to save a whole raid. More like 1-3 people or so.
    No, it was always great for BAM AoE or stuff like Sartharion 3D (as CD for the breath) it was just plain bad for anything with more than one pulse or when there was more magic damage than the big hit going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Falagor View Post
    Anti-Magic Zone Question
    Don't, it's pretty much useless. Doesn't scale either.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

75% of the initial hit, then it checks to see if it is passed the cap. It's amazing for one huge hit but pretty terrible for small multiple hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    It needs to be changed to do a set amount of spell reduction, say 30%. Give dks some damn raid utility. >_>
    Your 'Raid Utility' is being able to change to Blood. Trust me, it's more than a lot of classes have.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Your 'Raid Utility' is being able to change to Blood. Trust me, it's more than a lot of classes have.
    So our raid utility is a tank spec with less raid utility (no icy talons or brittle bones)?

I'm not saying AMZ needs to become a Smoke Bomb or Devo but your argument isn't really a valid one in this case.