10+ Year Old Account

Warrior 5.3 Changes

Noteworthy 5.3 Patch Notes:

~Execute buffed for Arms

~Impending Victory buffed for Arms

~Intimidating Shout cooldown increased to 1.5 min, up from 60 sec

~Raging Blow no longer requires being Enraged. (OMG.)

~Staggering Shout now breaks on dmg.

EDIT: These changes may or may not be actual. Take all posts like this with a grain of salt: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...52283409162240
    Last edited by Ferg; 2013-03-25 at 07:26 PM. Reason: added GC tweet
    ill probably be infracted for this post

More damage, always neat.
    My Intimidating Shout is already at 1.5 min cooldown, at least it says so...
    I don't trust this yet, but would be neat. =)
    Screw staggering shout imo, PvP'ers will care I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, not warrior specific, but this patch may include a third talent specialization. If so, I can finally try tanking! I hear it's fun.

Also @ Wishblade: some of these changes are simply tooltip fixes. Many of the patch notes are already live.

Deleted
    meh 4% execute damage for arms only is not doing much. I always appreciate little buffs, but I'd rather see some buffs to slam,op or mortal strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Also, not warrior specific, but this patch may include a third talent specialization. If so, I can finally try tanking! I hear it's fun.

Also @ Wishblade: some of these changes are simply tooltip fixes. Many of the patch notes are already live.
    They should just scale the available specs to each class, meaning Druids get 4 and everyone else gets 3. It's really stupid not to at this point. We aren't switching between 31/30 or whatever anymore.

the raging blow thing is just a tooltip change, can't be right? they won't remove this just for shit and giggles

in that case i kinda wonder why exactly the change? balance the spec more for lower gear levels? fury is kinda shit for fresh 90s since you can't crit to save your live, will they put a CD or higher rage cost on it then?

3rd spec sounds great, would love to play arms again without messing up my keybindings for fury of prot ^^
    need to find something better than a 463 2 hander first through ^^

Deleted
    Every single thing is a tooltip fix/datamine error, except Vigilance resetting taunt. Hold your horses there.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-03-25 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Every single thing is a tooltip fix/datamine error, except Vigilance resetting taunt. Hold your horses there.
    While I will quote this to show threadgoers, I will remind everyone that changes happen that Mr Street is either not aware of / chooses not to tell us sometimes. Take this also with a grain of salt. Thank you, Espada, for showing us this, however. Posting link to the tweet in OP momentarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    ~Raging Blow no longer requires being Enraged. (OMG.)
    I'm fairly certain that this is just a tooltip clarification, much like a number of the other changes. As it stands right now on live, you don't actually have to be enraged to use Raging Blow - the enrage gives you the Raging Blow charge, but it's still possible to use that charge after the enrage effect has expired.

Deleted
    Well, at least the Intimidating Shout/Raging Blow are errors. The +-% damage changes are fairly hard to track, though, so for the moment I will trust GC on this one and go with "nothing is a change yet". Time will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Well, at least the Intimidating Shout/Raging Blow are errors. The +-% damage changes are fairly hard to track, though, so for the moment I will trust GC on this one and go with "nothing is a change yet". Time will tell!
    You're correct in that they're just tooltip corrections too. The tooltips on live try to bake in Seasoned Soldier, but only use a 20% modifier instead of 25%. I.e. old tooltip is 300%*.85(the 15% nerf)*1.2(incorrect seasoned soldier number), giving 306%. The new tooltip is just correcting it to the actual damage which is 3*.85*1.25 = 318.75%. The same goes for IV. Their actual damage won't change compared to live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hozz View Post
    I'm fairly certain that this is just a tooltip clarification, much like a number of the other changes. As it stands right now on live, you don't actually have to be enraged to use Raging Blow - the enrage gives you the Raging Blow charge, but it's still possible to use that charge after the enrage effect has expired.
    yes its just a tooltip fix

Deleted
    Dissapointed, 4% exe for arms will not make the difference, fury is still massively in front.