New zones since release?

I played for about a month and half at release and took a hiatus after getting my necro to level 80 and finishing the story. I pretty much had 100% completion on all the Vistas/Hearts/Skill Points minus the three Orr zones and the WvWvW zones.

I updated last night and spent five minutes in Lion's Arch looking for something to do. It was late and I found nothing in regards to NPC's sending me to do something new, so I logged out.

I would really like to sweep up the rest of the map that I missed. I worry that there is nobody doing the Orr stuff, as getting from point A to point B around that place was damned near impossible for me solo. Are the outside zones made up of people from all the servers or just my own?

I remember there being a Halloween event, but I do not recall if any zones opened up since then for exploration.

There is a new zone called Southsun Cove: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Southsun_Cove

Orr is pretty much ignored except from a few farming hotspots. People run all over the world doing dailies & guild events though.

Plus Orr is much more manageable solo now as well (other than the temples of course).

The group events have become a lot more popular now due to the website guildwarstemple.com/dragontimer/

In fact some of them people track so hard that they guest on your server and you end up getting screwed on weekends usually and thrown in the overflow. Even during non peak hours for NA I'll be on and still find a lot of people on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Plus Orr is much more manageable solo now as well (other than the temples of course).
    I ended up getting my 100% on the Orrian zones last night. Getting around was much easier! I think I have to do the WvWvW battles to get the remaining Waypoints, POI's, and Skill Points. I hope mopping that stuff up isn't insanely difficult.

By the way, I bought up all my skills and have something like 90 extra skill points. Is there anything can do with them?

If you want to craft anything with the mystic forge you'll need the skill points. Otherwise they are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by LonestarHero View Post
    By the way, I bought up all my skills and have something like 90 extra skill points. Is there anything can do with them?
    Craft a Mystic weapon and sell it on the TP.

About 4g worth of mats + 50 skill points = weapon that sells for about 9g.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Craft a Mystic weapon and sell it on the TP.

About 4g worth of mats + 50 skill points = weapon that sells for about 9g.
    That sounds interesting, got any link for a weapon i could create with weaponsmith?

Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    That sounds interesting, got any link for a weapon i could create with weaponsmith?
    For example:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Claymore

Full list is available here:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_weapons

They are basically berserker weapons. You don't need the crafting profession to make them. You only need it to make the raw mats which you can buy off the TP anyway.