Deleted

a newly dinged 90 disc priest

as the post says, ive just dinged 90 & was looking at a decent guide for this spec.
    ive looked at the priest forum & tbh, im struggling to find one that caters for someone who has just turned 90
    & hasnt healed on this char since cata was out. ive looked at the 5.2 raiding guide, but would that really be something i should be taking into account as im just starting out again? im not so sure.
    any help would be much appreciated.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 01:01 PM ----------

its ok, i found one

As a fresh 90, just go into heroics as a healer and need anything that you can. Agility rings. Strength Trinkets. Ask the group members who can need to trade to you if possible. It all counts as far as getting you to those 460/470/480 iLvL breakpoints for LFR. As far as getting some real gear, just go to the Isle of Thunder and do the dailies for the charms so you have a lot of bonus rolls when you reach that 480 ilvL for ToT. Use your valor for the new 522 rep items aswell and try and have your friends carry you through MV/HoF/TOES and you will be in the ~485 area in about 2-3 weeks.

Here is some very entry level stuff for healing as a priest
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/14/sp...aling-if-youv/
    And here is an entry level gear guide, probably a bit outdated but tells you what drops where
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/03/sp...roic-dungeons/
    Here is a ToT Gear guide
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/03/07/sp...rone-of-thund/

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliform View Post
    As a fresh 90, just go into heroics as a healer and need anything that you can. Agility rings. Strength Trinkets. Ask the group members who can need to trade to you if possible. It all counts as far as getting you to those 460/470/480 iLvL breakpoints for LFR. As far as getting some real gear, just go to the Isle of Thunder and do the dailies for the charms so you have a lot of bonus rolls when you reach that 480 ilvL for ToT. Use your valor for the new 522 rep items aswell and try and have your friends carry you through MV/HoF/TOES and you will be in the ~485 area in about 2-3 weeks.
    Nice...encouraging someone to be a douche and roll Need on stuff that is A) useless to a Priest and/or B) might be useful to someone else.

Don't TOTALLY ignore the above, but at least ask your fellow LFD groupmates first.

Sheesh.

You need to do LFR, record it on WoL, and find a guild. My disc priest hit 90 feb 22, only did normal msv once (5/6) and I'm now ilvl 500 in a 11/12 Normal ToT guild and I was only ilvl 472ish when I applied. I'm sure my situation is rare, but I can't be the only one to have things work out this well. You just need to be persistent and show dedication.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ixien/advanced is my armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Nice...encouraging someone to be a douche and roll Need on stuff that is A) useless to a Priest and/or B) might be useful to someone else.
    I thought I typed in "If they don't need it ask them to trade it to you" instead of what was actually typed. My mistake. Either way, try and soak it up before it goes to enchanting mats if possible. Every little bit helps.

Did you heal in 5mans on the way to 90? How comfortable do you feel jumping into a 5-man heroic as a healer?

Running scenarios both for the valor and the gear is a good start, and won't stress you out too much. If you feel like you can jump into heroics, then do it. Get those couple of upgrades from shado pan offensive and your respective faction to bump up you ilvl too before you start. Remember to select a faction to champion for your random scenarios and heroics.

Dailies for 5.1 and 5.2 patches are good too for the gear you can get.

Deleted
    thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated

If your goal is to raid heal, there are a few important things to get you there quickly -

Make sure you have 100% understanding of all your abilities. Read tooltips etc.. I didn't even know that evangelism increased the damage and healing of penance until recently.

Get to the throne of thunder and run the treasures of the thunder king scenario for elder charms. I advise you to stay in the first room and collect as many chests as you can.

Do LFR as soon as possible, and don't be afraid to use your elder charms there. The loot may be worse than normal but you have a significantly higher chance of getting it (for the old LFRs). Obviously do Sha and Galleon and coin them as well. Keep checking the dungeon journal to make sure stuff has upgrades for you and save your coins if it doesnt.

as SOON as you feel comfortable raid healing, go on openraid, make an account and sign up for a full t14 normal clear.