The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Business help, (Quickbooks)

Ok, I know this is probably not the best place to seek assistance for this but it's worth a shot I think.

I operate a VERY small business out of my home selling bulk cleaning products (Bleach, Disinfectants, Laundry Detergent, etc.) and I recently acquired quickbooks by Intuit.
    While setting it up, the tutorial recommended I list my products as "inventory parts" so I did, and I am able to track what I have, when to re-order, etc. However, my question is, How do I add PREVIOUS orders into the system? As I see it right now, if I add an order for Jane Doe, and she orders 3 items, how do I tell it NOT to pull those 3 items from EXISTING inventory? I'm trying to add all orders back to January so if I cant tell it to ignore the inventory I will end up not having negative amounts of stock which is of course going to throw everything else off.

Any quickbook users out there?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone?...Anyone??... Bueller?

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to use it for accounting and bookkeeping for a magazine company but I'm afraid I don't know how to assist you with the inventory issues.

Sorry man...
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

well, you can manually make inventory adjustments I think. Inventory activities > adjust quantity on hand

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias-Oaks View Post
    well, you can manually make inventory adjustments I think. Inventory activities > adjust quantity on hand
    Oooh, I'll try that in the morning thanks

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias-Oaks View Post
    Many thanks, that worked.
    I entered all the data, all the while ignoring the messages about not having enough stock, then when i was done i adjusted the inventory