Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Where do you see he owns a 600T? I'm confused. Also who is suggesting it?
    Well 3 people recommending it (posts 10, 11 and 14). He stated in his prior thread about his new build that he owns one, but plans on selling it ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    Well 3 people recommending it (posts 10, 11 and 14). He stated in his prior thread about his new build that he owns one, but plans on selling it ><
    OK I didn't read any of his other threads. Post 10 is a Fractal suggestion. Post 11 is just someone saying they bought one (I guess that could be seen a recommendation) and post 14 I read as being a reply to post 11 (maybe not realizing p11 wasn't the OP). It's also an extra £60 (£160 total) but I digress

Imo just buy a solid, quality case and then add your own lighting (LED strips, LED fans etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    what ever you do, do not get a HAF, they are all bad, they are cheap, pooly built, loud cases, that advertise high airflow when they don't need it, smart design beats high airflow every dime
    I disagree. The HAF XM is far from bad. It's loaded with features and the airflow is excellent. It has a solid construction and I can barely hear the fans (especially the 200mm stock ones), while moving a nice chunk of air.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by prankstar View Post
    how about the antec 900 i have this case and love it http://www.cclonline.com/product/548...Tower/CAS1407/
    Pretty much zero cable management in these.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protonet View Post
    HAF cases are not all bad. They are cheap but not poorly built for the mainstream users.
    The way I see it there's ways to approach which case to get:
    - Aesthetics, where you ignore everything practical.
    - Cheap for the sake of cheap, in which case you can get a decent case for around $30-40 or build in a shoe-box.
    - A case that will match your choice of components and maximize their performance (through function and airflow).

The HAF series, the way I see it, doesn't fall in either of the above categories (short of 1-2 models). There are better options throughout compared to their selection - some from Cooler Master themselves.

Deleted
    Hey and thanks for the recommendations. I was disappointed to hear your reviews on the HAF since it was by far the best one that was mentioned when I last looked on. But one case that Notarget linked, the [Corsair Carbide Series 500R, is the closest I have seen that matches everything I want. Not sure whats the difference between the 400R and 500R but will look into that. I think overall I still prefer the Cooler Master HAF XM but I do not want to have a very noisy PC.

Also I don't want a christmas tree case lol, I just happen to like some LEDs being used with the fans at the front. I do not honestly need a side window I just happen to like them but I can forget about that. And yes I use to own a 600T case but I did not find that it looked anything special to me. I just got it because it had a lot of features which I love such as not having to use screws to take off the sides, the removable mesh panels so that I could easily remove dust and that it was very quiet and fantastic for air flow.

Deleted
    It's a full tower, but I'm still going to say I personally like my case a lot.

+Looks flashy (which is my personal taste. Can easily turn leds off on top panel)
    +Fairly low noise (2x 200mm and 1x 140mm fan stock = low rpm and decent airflow)
    +Room for total of 4x 200mm (or smaller), 2x 140mm (or smaller) fans.
    +Decent airflow (by no means a fully focused on performance case, note: 'decent'.)
    +Roomy to work in, clearly.
    +Dust filters at intake positions (front, sidepanel and bottom (also for psu))
    +Cable management (which every case has I guess)
    +2x USB3 (and 2x USB2) on front panel. Also, e-sata and a SATA Docking station (biggest removable disk. Evar.)

-More plastic parts than I'd like to see. Makes for easy removal to gain access to fans, but still.. Plastic. Meh.
    -The blue color on the 3.5" bays is.. bland.

I might be biased, but yeah, I don't know of many more negative points. Most people on this forum spit on thermaltake, so I'm expecting some feisty replies, but meh. I like it. There, I said it.

@OP: Don't let anyone change your opinion on aesthetics. Performance is important and a lot of people here prefer a clean look over a flashy one, but that doesn't mean you should only look at "clean" cases (nor ignore their opinion). To each his own.
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-03-26 at 07:38 PM.

Deleted
    That is a fantastic looking case Itsredd and is exactly my taste in appearance. Its a shame there is not a Midi tower version but I will not rule it out.

Also I was wondering if you can take off the bottom "feet" parts since it would not fit in my PC pace otherwise.

EDIT: Ooh I just realized that its around £200 lol. Only wish to spend around £100 or less preferably. I did however find this case while looking at that same site which looks very nice:

Thermaltake - Windowed Mid Tower Case - HD Docking Station - V9 BlacX Edition

Might look into this one. Looks promising
    Last edited by mmoc2c0e080e79; 2013-03-26 at 08:42 PM.

Deleted
    Geez! That's expensive. I paid 110 euros for it, which would be under your price mark. Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it.

The bottom feet are on there to create some space for any coolers you mount in the bottom of your case. Also, you can point your PSU with the fan down to avoid it sucking air 'from your gpu', which is often times right above it. Whether you need it, that's a different story.

I'm pretty sure people have a reason for not liking Thermaltake around here, so cheaper cases might be of worse quality. Just a warning. Make sure to look up some reviews on it from a credible source before purchasing. (ie not some random (fellow) geek on youtube )
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-03-26 at 09:23 PM.