Acquiring IP questions:

Do bot games give just as much IP as regular games if bots are on intermediate difficulty and both games would go to same time frame? What about the 3's map vs. the 5's map vs. dominion? Also, I was told last night not to surrender because our team would get less IP than if the enemy just finished us off...is there merit to that statement? Do I get more IP if i'm in on more champion kills or creep kills? Just some things I've yet to find an answer to, thanks if you can pitch in.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have 4 other people you play with, you can blitz dominion bot games and get IP fairly quickly. That requires a premade though, and is not ideal.

Short of buying IP boosts, which technically is the fastest way, dominion or 3v3 seems to net the most IP the fastest. The games are much shorter than SR and give a good amount of IP still.

10+ Year Old Account
    This page has a lot on it about it: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Influence_Points
    Your kills/CS don't determine how much IP you get, only the length of the game and if you win/lose. Bot games give reduced IP depending on your summoner level and game type(beginner/intermediate). Custom games also have a penalty, and they only give IP for evenly matched teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    Also, I was told last night not to surrender because our team would get less IP than if the enemy just finished us off...is there merit to that statement?
    That is actually kinda true.

There is no penalty for surrendering, but the longer a game lasts, the more IP you get.
    So if a game lasts a few minutes longer, if you don't surrender, you will get a bit more IP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    That is actually kinda true.

There is no penalty for surrendering, but the longer a game lasts, the more IP you get.
    So if a game lasts a few minutes longer, if you don't surrender, you will get a bit more IP.
    True, but the 3-5 IP gained for dragging out a loss is often a waste of time compared to letting a lost game end and queuing again.

Deleted
    Disregard bots, acquire currency. Seriously - don't do bot games for it, just play.

Deleted
    Yeah just play, IP grinding is boring beyond fuck at early levels. Make sure to use it on important stuff (runes, runes and runes) and after a while you have no idea whatsoever what to buy with your IP. Using RP once in a while to buy a champ you really want can help.

At this point I just buy any champ on release simply because I can, if the 2nd skin is awesome as fuck, I just buy it with RP. The 2 runepage bundle thing is beyond good too.

To make life easier just stack the IP win and time boosts. You can get around 500 IP for first win of the day. It all adds up.

Pretty sure for custom and bot games, you can only acquire IP for a fixed amount of time played each day? ie if you play customs/against bots for 4 hours, and the time you can accrue IP from these games is 4 hours, any more games you play will award 0 IP.
    RETH

There is a limit on bots believe it is 3 hours? You get more IP if the bots are on a harder setting. Just practice PVP really. Don't want to get used to bots as they don't act like real players! Yes yes I know, stating the obvious but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most IP is dominion games actually, but I don't like dominion
    Then SR, but SR can stay long and give few IP (if you lose)