View Poll Results: What's your favorite L60 talent?

Voters
103. This poll is closed
  • Greater Invisibility

46 44.66%
  • Cauterize

51 49.51%
  • Cold Snap

6 5.83%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[PvE] Your favorite T4 [L60] Talent?

I'm just curious about everyone's favorite L60 talent, now that they buffed G Invis to be more in line with Cauterize because it's an active.

My favorite is Cauterize because it saves me from death ALL THE TIME. Hell, I've lost track at how many times Cauterize has even saved a wipe! While I do like G Invis for soloing and running to and from IoT rares when I aggro lots of stuff, Cauterize will always be my favorite as a raider.

PS: I timed the poll to close in about 40 days because they may change in 5.3. This is purely for how the three talents are now.

Update: I made another thread asking about everyone's favorite L30 talent as well it's over here.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-03-27 at 09:03 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Cauterize has its uses and its not a dps loss to use, but still I quite like Greater Invis for its uses, granted there aint many dots it removes atm like in HoF, but 90% less damage on lei-shen for example is pretty nice. And well cold snap is just meh, sure you can ice block twice and get a heal, but really its just too weak for pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do so much the devs probably never even thought possible with Greater Invis. It's a very mind-outside-box talent.

Cauterize is dull, boring, a crutch, and stressful on healers.

Cold Snap is incredible and I do use it from time to time, but unless it removed hypothermia it just isn't that interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I didn't think Cauterize was a retarded spell was in Dragon Soul when I played Fire and it was the most powerful defensive spell available.

Since MoP started, I haven't touched anything except Greater Invisibility for PvE. And ever since Cauterize got nerfed and then later G.I.'s cooldown got reduced, it's become by far one of our best spells - comparable to Blink in utility and effectiveness.
    My magic will tear you apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greater invis all the way. I've been using it since mop came out. Dropping dots and having a damage reduction for high damage mechanics always seemed more useful then cauterize.

Part of playing a mage is using our survivability tools as well as we can since we take so much damage.
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2013-03-25 at 11:11 PM.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    Cauterize helps you when you or your healers fail
    Greater Invisibilty is a freaking powerful defensive ability with only 1,5 min CD. And you can survive wipes xD.
    I used cauterize/cold snap in 5.1. When i read that GI's CD was reduced in 5.2 i switched to it for getting used to it. and im doing fine now in ToT.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Cauterize is dull, boring, a crutch, and stressful on healers.
    Eh, it all depends how you see it. It also depends if you're in a raid group that's okay with you calling it out (like mine). My healers are well aware that if I'm not Burnt Out (what I call my Cauterize Debuff), that I can take a beating and dip super-low into my HP pool.

Cold Snap I've never found a practical use for it in raiding. A 30% heal... Meh.

G Invis I do like, but I don't like it as much as Cauterize. It's also quite a huge DPS loss depending on how long you stay in it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to stay long in Greater Invisibility. You cast it and then continue dpsing. That's still 4 seconds of 90% damage reduction.

Gotta love Cauterize. Ive used Greater Invis as well in the past and really loved it but since I now have to choose I have to take Cauterize all the time. It's really nice having that extra cushion. It's like having an extra life so when you die you get another chance. Tough to beat that

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I use Greater Invisibility as my go-to talent. It's rather delicious having a threat dump and a 90% damage reduction ability on a 1.5 min cooldown.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Requires more skill, but Greater Invis is far better for progression.

Why die, stress healers out, then take damage when you can simply negate it all in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Requires more skill, but Greater Invis is far better for progression.

Why die, stress healers out, then take damage when you can simply negate it all in the first place?
    Hear hear!
    Armory
    Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    Cauterize was cool when it was a free talent we all got. But it always sucked in its own way, but decent in another.

Greater invis is hella solid. Hell, it was pro when it was still 3 min.. Now that its 1.5, its so good.

Cold snap... meh. It was also better when it reset all frost cooldowns..

(Now we wait for blizzard devs to read this thread and begin to nerf GI)

Deleted
    I much prefer G Invis but my healers prefer me having Cauterize. Maybe they know I'll iceblock straight away or something so I'm not near death but for whatever reason they prefer it, so I use it

Cauterize is just...the best thing ever. BUT there are times where I really need to use Greater Invis; I haven't really had a use for Cold Snap, the other two just kind of overshadow it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsegi View Post
    I much prefer G Invis but my healers prefer me having Cauterize. Maybe they know I'll iceblock straight away or something so I'm not near death but for whatever reason they prefer it, so I use it
    Your healers prefer you having Cauterize. Maybe you should talk to your healers

I've explained this a billion times around here:
    Cauterize:
    - you passively used a survival cooldown and survived
    - healer(s) must focus you or you die
    - you use Ice Block because the healers are busy, effectively wasting an immunity spell

Greater Invisibility:
    - you actively used a survival cooldown and survived

That's the end of story for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using cauterize but GI seems like it might be a better option given the big raid damage output on some bosses this tier.
    Seems like it would fit my style of preventing damage rather than relying on healers to heal it up afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

10+ Year Old Account
    Greater Invisibility is my preferred talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Always used Greater Invis, it effectively saves you. Cauterize is crap, all it does is delay your death by 6 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Always used Greater Invis, it effectively saves you. Cauterize is crap, all it does is delay your death by 6 seconds.
    Lies, you just go and hide when you're scared.
    Armory
    Twitter