Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What classes can solo Mandokir?

Hey

I'm just wondering which classes can solo Mandokir in ZG. I've done it on my hunter easly enough but I can't seem to find a way to survive decapitate on my warrior and shadowpriest.
    I assume some insane CD stacking on warrior I could potentially survive 1 decap, and Shadowpriest with dispersion and glyph of fade but this will be max 1 per fight.

Anyone got any tips?

Prot Paladins can as well, as far as i know.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Any tips on how they can? got 82 pally I can quickly lvl up and try. with.

Divine Shield and Hand of Protection
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

brewmaster monk can solo it. activate all cooldowns and 90% reduction channel while xuen is tanking and you survive the hit. clear the stagger and use the completely absurd amount of vengeance to kill it in a few hit. Awesome fun
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    Dk's can, not sure about the other tanks, but they'll only ever take 1 decapitate, at least, the way I soloed him on my dk at 85 after the MoP talents came in, you take the decapitate with cds and heal yourselfs up, insane vengeance from the decapitate hit= boss dies in 5 secs.

Guide here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lvdmF7hxpc - Not me

Should still work at 90

well I dont got a monk or DK, I assume they will "fix" mandokir aswell to make him soloable.

Deleted
    Hunters, Ducksauce does it everyday in hopes of getting a mount

Quote Originally Posted by 4theh0rd3 View Post
    I already said I've done it on hunter

I've done it as hunter and druid. Hunter you just throw out snakes before a decapitate. Feral can cheese it with Divine Shield sym, but is it really soloing at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    I've done it as hunter and druid. Hunter you just throw out snakes before a decapitate. Feral can cheese it with Divine Shield sym, but is it really soloing at that point?
    Hunter part is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    I'd say that whether it is a solo or not is irrelevant, chances are the OP is farming it for the mount, not for just for the heck of it.

Also another one for protection paladins: you can also survive with Ardent Defender up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Paladins - Divine Shield / Hand of Protection
    Mages - Iceblock / Cauterize
    Rogues - Cheat Death
    Death Knights - Purgatory
    Hunters - Snake Trap
    Monk - Brewmaster shizzle

Mage can as well, just Ice Block before a decapitate and Cold Snap for a second Ice Block (not really needed, he can be burst down before a second decapitate).

Quote Originally Posted by Vanchak View Post
    Dk's can, not sure about the other tanks, but they'll only ever take 1 decapitate, at least, the way I soloed him on my dk at 85 after the MoP talents came in, you take the decapitate with cds and heal yourselfs up, insane vengeance from the decapitate hit= boss dies in 5 secs.

Guide here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lvdmF7hxpc - Not me

Should still work at 90
    This is no longer possible iirc.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    This is no longer possible iirc.
    Eh, not exactly true. It's just a really high gear check.

Decapitate
    Unlimited range
    Instant
    Bloodlord Mandokir charges and Decapitates his target, inflicting 14625000 to 15375000 Physical damage.
    For the sake of argument lets say that Mandokir always inflicts the maximum amount of damage with this attack. I'll be using my DK as an example and running a maxed Blood Shield going into the fight.

1. Weakened Blows reduces damage dealt by 10% so 15,375,000 * (1-0.1) = 13,837,500

XXX2.. In-game as Blood with Blood Presence active I mitigate 52.45% of all Physical damage. That means that before all other damage reductions are considered I only take 13,837,500*(1.00-.5245) = 6,579,731 physical damage.

XXX3. Defensive cooldowns add in a multiplicative fashion so: Damage taken from cds = 6,579,731*[Bone Shield's damage taken (1-0.2) * IBF's damage taken (1-0.5) * AotD's damage taken with full procs (1-0.5208)**] = 1,261203 Physical damage taken

XXX4. Blood Shield caps at your max life so 1,261203 - 532,999 = 728,204 damage

XXX5. Damage from 4 - my life = 195,205 (overkill)

As we can see my DK would not survive the attack and thus not benefit from the Vengeance of that attack due to the removal of overkill Vengeance. However I am not in fully optimized gear either. Best gear I imagine is Parry+Dodge ASSUMING same Strength values as on dps pieces. Trinkets I'd want either the Shado-Pan Assault tank trinket OR Relic of Niuzao + Stuff of Nightmares OR Fortitude of the Zandalari. If someone wants to run the numbers of a Blood DK in full ToT LFR gear be my guest.

**Assuming my trinkets+FC+DRW are up so that my Parry+Dodge = Relic+Lei Shin's+FC+DRW+Dodge = 47.08% (Parry) + 5.46% (Dodge) = 52.08%

XXX Edit: Forgot to account for Weakened Blows. Reworking the napkin math now.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-03-24 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Eh, not exactly true. It's just a really high gear check.

For the sake of argument lets say that Mandokir always inflicts the maximum amount of damage with this attack. I'll be using my DK as an example and running a maxed Blood Shield going into the fight.

1. Weakened Blows reduces damage dealt by 10% so 15,375,000 * (1-0.1) = 13,837,500

XXX2.. In-game as Blood with Blood Presence active I mitigate 52.45% of all Physical damage. That means that before all other damage reductions are considered I only take 13,837,500*(1.00-.5245) = 6,579,731 physical damage.

XXX3. Defensive cooldowns add in a multiplicative fashion so: Damage taken from cds = 6,579,731*[Bone Shield's damage taken (1-0.2) * IBF's damage taken (1-0.5) * AotD's damage taken with full procs (1-0.5208)**] = 1,261203 Physical damage taken

XXX4. Blood Shield caps at your max life so 1,261203 - 532,999 = 728,204 damage

XXX5. Damage from 4 - my life = 195,205 (overkill)

As we can see my DK would not survive the attack and thus not benefit from the Vengeance of that attack due to the removal of overkill Vengeance. However I am not in fully optimized gear either. Best gear I imagine is Parry+Dodge ASSUMING same Strength values as on dps pieces. Trinkets I'd want either the Shado-Pan Assault tank trinket OR Relic of Niuzao + Stuff of Nightmares OR Fortitude of the Zandalari. If someone wants to run the numbers of a Blood DK in full ToT LFR gear be my guest.

**Assuming my trinkets+FC+DRW are up so that my Parry+Dodge = Relic+Lei Shin's+FC+DRW+Dodge = 47.08% (Parry) + 5.46% (Dodge) = 52.08%

XXX Edit: Forgot to account for Weakened Blows. Reworking the napkin math now.
    If you're only 200k into Purgatory with those CDs up you get out of Purgatory with Glyphed Vampiric Blood + Death Pact. 15 mil unmitigated damage = 300k vengeance, plenty to finish him off before a 2nd Decapitate.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    If you're only 200k into Purgatory with those CDs up you get out of Purgatory with Glyphed Vampiric Blood + Death Pact. 15 mil unmitigated damage = 300k vengeance, plenty to finish him off before a 2nd Decapitate.
    Currently discussing this in the DK solo thread. Since I already have both ZG mounts I haven't tested it myself but I've heard that armor does not reduce the amount of damage Decapitate does.

Also I might be wrong on what I mean by Overkill Vengeance. My understanding of it is that it's all or nothing (e.g. if I survive the attack I get vengeance, if the attack would kill me/cause Purgatory no vengeance granted). However looking at it again you may get vengeance from the damage that was mitigated until you died/procced Purgatory.

I do this whenever I can be bothered on my paladin and I can do it as either retribution or as protection.

The bosses first decapitate is usually at 10-11 seconds and thus you want to divine shield 1 second before this happens so not to waste too much damage. As soon as decapitate has done remove divine shield with a cancel aura macro and burst the hell out of it if you are retribution, you have around 40 seconds ish until you will die from the next decapitate.

If your protection you can Divine Shield the first decapitate, ardent defender the second decapitate and hand of protection the third decapitate buying plenty of time to kill the boss even with minimal vengeance.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4theh0rd3 View Post
    Hunters can do it but Ducksauce got the mount couple weeks ago.