Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    ... We went over his emotional rollercoaster in 4.2 He's having a baby. He's saved the world, the world is almost healed. His story is over...
    It's kind of easy to miss, but Aggra already had the baby. You can see it in the 5.1 story quest that sends you to the Echo Isles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow i want to know where this is going to head i have ideas but good climax story for thrall if he does pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Thrall a dad-to-be or currently a dad? (depending on how much time has passed since Cata)
    It'd be sad to kill off Thrall when he's got a newborn, but I guess it'd be cool for his son follow his footsteps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Yes, kill him then resurrect him, cementing the "Green Jesus" moniker.
    LMAO. That'd be perfect.

I would love one of the 5.3 scenarios to be you joining up with Thrall to get Saurfang into the Good Horde Gang with Vol'jin.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Honestly, As much as I like Thrall (Yeah, yeah, green jesus yadayadayada, he still did well to help break the mold of your standard fantasy orc), they really should kill him in this. It will help make a majority of the horde outright turn on Garrosh completely, outside of the orcs that are wanting Garrosh's derp babies. Hell, even the goblins will likely turn on him at this point, and it will be the absolute last straw.

That being said, he is unlikely to die, or if he does, he'll come back which will negate the impact of his death completely.

Thrall is now expendable for one reason: ((((SPOILER FROM THE VIDEO!!!)))) The sound byte says he's got a Son.

It's the "Passing of the torch", "Thrall lives on in his son", "the circle of life" and all that other silly cheap-narrative nonsense.

And I got to admit, if there's one thing that would unite 98% of the Horde to fight Garrosh, that would be killing Thrall.

Man... I HOPE that doesn't mean Metzen will now make Vol'Jin his Marry Sue character since he's seemingly quite popular now.

Deleted
    Thrall will die, but it will be okay because some super shaman magic will transfer his personality to his son who will get trapped in some demon dimension where time moves faster so when he gets rescued in 6.3 he will be basically be the good ole Thrall we know and love and we can all breath a collective sigh of relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Yes, kill him then resurrect him, cementing the "Green Jesus" moniker.
    Well, this IS Warcraft - after all. Nobody dies for reals... :P

He'd come back as some iconic flying creature flying side-by-side with Raven Mediev, watching over Azeroth or somesuch nonsense...

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 12:09 AM ----------

...of course this could simply be Metzen building up drama for us wanting us to speculate his death. For all we know, Thrall might just get imprisoned and beaten within an inch of his life... and we rescue him in the end.

Deleted
    Well, there is ofc 3 ways it can goes. 1: He will find some, maby a lot of orcs. 2a: He will get captured, and so we have to free him. or 2b: He will be captured and then get killed, due to he have a son

He mentions his son there, the new warchief. thats all I heard. its only garrosh that will die

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Metzen loves Thrall too much. Thrall won't die.
    Thrall IS Metzen.

If Thrall died, Blizzard would be in for an Excellent Writing Award.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    "Tell them that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft ... died with him.
    Lol
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2013-03-26 at 12:19 AM.

Thrall is done, he should've died heroicly as a final blow against Deathwing. But I really doubt Metzen will allow him to die, unless his fellow writers are tying him in a chair while writing the stuff.

I'm also kinda sick of him taking all the honor for what I did.

''Thrall killed Deathwing!'' AND HE COULDN'T WITHOUT MY FREAKING HELP SAVING HIS ASS ALL THE TIME AND BRINGING HIM THE ARTIFACT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

''Thrall has held Deepholme together!'' WITH ONLY THE ENTIRE EARTHEN RING HELPING WHICH NOBODY NOTICES, AND ME HELPING FIXING THE WORLD PILLAR.

''Thrall saved the trolls on the Echo Isles!'' NO, I DID.

I do hear these 3 things often...

Sadly, it will be Saurfang who dies.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    he die in public to stir the population up, then ankh when his corpse is alone to live a quiet peaceful lie with his wife and kid.

I hate this whole "Go'el" approach they went for with Thrall. I think it's cheesy as hell and I want nothing more than him to die a horrific death.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Well, ya know, Sylvanas does have her some Valkyr still... It took 4 to revive her and there are still 4 left.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Thrall is done, he should've died heroicly as a final blow against Deathwing. But I really doubt Metzen will allow him to die, unless his fellow writers are tying him in a chair while writing the stuff.

I'm also kinda sick of him taking all the honor for what I did.

''Thrall killed Deathwing!'' AND HE COULDN'T WITHOUT MY FREAKING HELP SAVING HIS ASS ALL THE TIME AND BRINGING HIM THE ARTIFACT IN THE FIRST PLACE!

''Thrall has held Deepholme together!'' WITH ONLY THE ENTIRE EARTHEN RING HELPING WHICH NOBODY NOTICES, AND ME HELPING FIXING THE WORLD PILLAR.

''Thrall saved the trolls on the Echo Isles!'' NO, I DID.

I do hear these 3 things often...
    Becuase you're the player. The PCs are only the hero's henchmen

I think he'll ultimately succeed in finding Orcs willing to join him, although perhaps not how he plans.

I have a vision of Thrall mucking things up and ending up on the executioners block, with Nazgrim being the executioner. As he swings his ax down however, at the last instant he spins around and cleaves one of Garrosh's goons straight in the chest. Then the whole place erupts in chaos as Orcs loyal to Nazgrim begin freeing other prisoners and are soon joined by Saurfang and Etrigg and fight their way out of the city.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    Thrall IS Metzen.
    But consider that Metzen gave Thrall a son... so Metzen can live on as Thrall's son now. :P