From the avaible gameplay video, considering the small 30 card decks and all here is my gameplay preview for Hearthstone
-9 classes, some cards fit all classes some cards are class specifics
-standard decks avaible at first then you can make your own as you win pack through the RANDOMMATCHMAKING only.
- only 2 of the same card per deck, any card over get disenchanted for crafting
- crafting requires disenchanting materials and you choose what you make
- 30 card per deck
- no quests card like in wow tcg
- There will be over 300 cards with the initial launch
Ingame ressource: Mana crystal
- You start with one mana crystal on your first turn.
- Each subsequent turn you gain another mana crystal and all the one you had refreshes (maximum of 10 mana crystal)
- Mana crystal are used to play ally cards, spells and hero powers. their costs is written on top of each in a mana crystal.
- Mana crystal are displayed at all time on the table (lower right corner)
- some spells increases mana crystal, some might even reduce or prevent gaining them each turn.
- they define your class, you can't play a mage malfurion. Heroes are linked to their class.
- They have a power they can use once each turn
- They start with 30 health (so far) and no attack power
-ally cards are put into play by using up your avaible mana crystal(s). They have an attack number (sword), health number (blood)
-when first put into play, allies are sleeping for the first turn and can't attack until your next turn.
-Some have abilities that are self explanatory, others have abilities you will get used to like taunt (which drags the enemy's ally attacks to this ally)
-they stay into play until killed. there will probably be a maximum number of ally in play at once.
- they use mana crystal(s)
- after their effect described on the card is apply'ed the card is put back at the end of your deck, unless specified otherwise (curse/dot/bleed/hot)
- There is weapons cards so far, I've not seen armor cards but the armor mecanic is in the game so we will probably see them.
- They augment you're hero's ability to attack or defend against damage. 1 armor reduced damage taken by 1
- They have a durabilities and probably loses 1 durability each time they are used
- When you attack with a weapon, your hero might get hurt from the fight if you attack an enemy that can fight back (has an attack power value)
- ally's and heroes can be used to attack if they have an attack value (sword number), limit of once per ally/hero per turn. if you have 3 ally but your hero has no attack you can attack 3 times in one turn
- Fighting works like in the TCG both units get hurt in the process, they trade blows except hero/allies target without attack power.
- You can target the enemy of your choice, beware of some ally that might block or taunt the attack to them.
before the game begins:
- Each heroes will let out a taunt phrase
- you start the game with 3 or 4 cards
- you can discard one (or more) from your starting cards to draw new ones. the ones you had go at the end of the deck
on your turn:
- Start of turn abilities activate if present
- At the start of each turn you draw a card. (automatic)
- you can play as many cards as your mana crystals allow you to
- you can use your hero power once per turn if you have the mana crystals
- you can attack once with each ally you have that are not asleep.
- you can attack with your hero if he has an attack power of at least 1
- you end your turn with a button, a timeout limit will probably be added should no action be taken to prevent stalling.
- End of turn abilities activate if present
During the game:
- You can have maximum 10 card in your hands and 8 card on the playing field (allies and spells (dot/bleed/hot))
- Damage is permanent on both allies and heroes unless they are manually healed through spells and abilities.
- Battle.net friend list will be used
- No chat so far, maybe bnet friend list chat (unconfirmed)
- Emotes avaible at any time which makes your hero say something your opponent can hear.
I plan on polishing it up should the feedback on this be positive. If I get into beta I'll make this guide even better otherwise It'll wait till it is releashed. I based everything off the gameplay video of malfurion vs guldan and basic wow TCG knowledge.