Brutal Talisman in PvP

So, correct me if im wrong, but Necrotic strike seems to be unaffected by pvp power or pvp resil since it is popping up on players for the exact same absorb as the tooltip suggests. Now, this makes strength a pretty strong stat for unholy in pvp.

The brutal talisman of the Shadow-Pan Assault gives an 8800 str proc which for unholy = 10120 with the passive. Assuming rune proc we get 11638 strength, which with horn of winter gives 25603 more AP which from what I can tell is 25603 bigger absorbs per necrotic.

Combine this with, for instance, the pvp use trinket (humans ftw) and im seeing necrotics of 65k+ PER necrotic. Am I missing something here? This seems ridiculously strong. I remember hearing about bliz nerfing the proc chance of the legendary meta gems in pvp but I dont remember seeing anything about the trinket procs so correct me if im wrong. Wait for a proc from this, pop a use trinket, go UF and gargoyle and I dont see how you survive.

Only reason I bring this up is I saw some high rated dks with it on in armory with their pvp gear. Im currently grinding valor and for no reason and im really thinking about grabbing this trinket for pvp. What do you guys think?

Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    So, correct me if im wrong, but Necrotic strike seems to be unaffected by pvp power or pvp resil since it is popping up on players for the exact same absorb as the tooltip suggests. Now, this makes strength a pretty strong stat for unholy in pvp.

The brutal talisman of the Shadow-Pan Assault gives an 8800 str proc which for unholy = 10120 with the passive. Assuming rune proc we get 11638 strength, which with horn of winter gives 25603 more AP which from what I can tell is 25603 bigger absorbs per necrotic.

Combine this with, for instance, the pvp use trinket (humans ftw) and im seeing necrotics of 65k+ PER necrotic. Am I missing something here? This seems ridiculously strong. I remember hearing about bliz nerfing the proc chance of the legendary meta gems in pvp but I dont remember seeing anything about the trinket procs so correct me if im wrong. Wait for a proc from this, pop a use trinket, go UF and gargoyle and I dont see how you survive.

Only reason I bring this up is I saw some high rated dks with it on in armory with their pvp gear. Im currently grinding valor and for no reason and im really thinking about grabbing this trinket for pvp. What do you guys think?
    Was it perhaps a human? They normally use different trinkets due to their racial.

I am currently using this trinket along with the procc pvp trinket and synapse springs.

I saw Mes using it so I got it myself aswell and I must say this trinket is amazing in PvP. The procchance nerf was only applied to the raid trinkets not to the vendor ones.

You should get the Talisman + PvP Procc Trinket + Synapse. This means you can basicly have triple trinket.

Also the on use trinket gives 1k less strength than the procc trinket and shares a cooldown with synapse springs this is why you want 2 procc trinkets. Death knights also favour strength over PvP power so this trinket is just perfect.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Narali/simple

EDIT: And with all proccs active (2 trinkets + fallen crusader + synapse) I have ~34700 strength and 84000 attackpower

Quote Originally Posted by Fleepz View Post
    I am currently using this trinket along with the procc pvp trinket and synapse springs.

I saw Mes using it so I got it myself aswell and I must say this trinket is amazing in PvP. The procchance nerf was only applied to the raid trinkets not to the vendor ones.

You should get the Talisman + PvP Procc Trinket + Synapse. This means you can basicly have triple trinket.

Also the on use trinket gives 1k less strength than the procc trinket and shares a cooldown with synapse springs this is why you want 2 procc trinkets. Death knights also favour strength over PvP power so this trinket is just perfect.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Narali/simple

EDIT: And with all proccs active (2 trinkets + fallen crusader + synapse) I have ~34700 strength and 84000 attackpower
    Nice thats what I was thinking would happen. 84k AP holy balls thats nuts for necrotic. Pop UF and Grag (since it snapshots your stats) and spam necrotics and win sounds like. Time to keep grinding pve for pvp like the good old days.

Mes has stated he uses PvE trinkets for RBGs. Which I believe he still plays frost for, so not sure it has anything to do with how useful it is with Gargoyle (also Garg does not snapshot stats anymore and updates dynamically). I could be wrong about the spec, but he has most definitely answered on streams that they are for RBG purposes. You really shouldn't use it for arenas.