Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Do you like LEGO?

Coming off my thread about buying an expensive Lego set, it seems despite how old your typical MMO C poster is, alot of people hold Lego in much higher esteem than your typical toys.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

I feel like you could have just discussed this in the thread you already had.

Also I would put a poll if you are honestly asking us.

I don't care for it, but I don't hate it either.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a reason why Minecraft got popular with some of the older (say....16-30 crowd) was due to having LEGOs as a kid. I remember in my neighborhoods if you had LEGOs, you were the shit! I love LEGOs and even though I am 19, I would still play with them like I was 7 again.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    i love legos. i still have a big rubbermaid bucket of them somewhere that i never got rid of. probably is 1000$+ worth of legos there.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I kick myself on a regular basis for throwing out my LEGOS in my teens. Really thinking about stocking back up again, even at 24.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raist187 View Post
    I kick myself on a regular basis for throwing out my LEGOS in my teens. Really thinking about stocking back up again, even at 24.
    why did you throw them out?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

While I'm way too old to play with lego's, I can still affirm to their positive effect on a child's creativity. My favourite toy when I was a kid. Come to think of it, it was the only thing I spend time with while indoors at some point

I never knew what happened to my collection. I once asked my mother years ago if she had them stashed somewhere at her home but no...
    Would've been nice to pass them on to my kids one day.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-03-26 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Coming off my thread about buying an expensive Lego set, it seems despite how old your typical MMO C poster is, alot of people hold Lego in much higher esteem than your typical toys.
    God I hate when ppl call it "Lego". It's "LegoS"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    if i was not sure that my lego sets have become home to an army of dead wasps and other nasties - i would probably construct amazing things.

i love lego.. but i am not really a fan of the new (uh, anything past 1999 i guess) legos that have special bricks moulded to exact intricate smooth shapes, instead of just having 4 weird triangle things that let me use some imagination.

and i also get really annoyed at the fake legos that exist now.. not sure why.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 06:47 AM ----------

http://www.ericharshbarger.org/lego/faq.html

read 18
    what are you talking about i have not seen any of the newer legos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    people who think that are clearly all sheeps.

on topic tho i prefer mega bloks cos the mini figs are awesome, plus since their patent ran out lego is identical to the others while being like twice the price.
    Last edited by mmoc969cab634e; 2013-03-26 at 06:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    It's "Lego." Proper noun. You play with Lego bricks, they are all Lego, I love all my Lego etc etc.

I find it's only "legos" in America? It's nonsense.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    It's "Lego." Proper noun. You play with Lego bricks, they are all Lego, I love all my Lego etc etc.

I find it's only "legos" in America? It's nonsense.
    i refuse to hear your slanderous lies against the good name of legos any further GOOD DAY SIR!

Deleted
    Haven't played with my Legos in years and I have no idea where my set is.

I did love Legos as a kid though. Probably still do if I get a moment to play with them xD

Edit: Oh yeah I sold my set to a toystore during my teenage years along with a lot of Disney children books. Gosh stupid teenagers -.-
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-03-26 at 06:57 AM.

I love legos, one of my favorite toys along with stuffed animals. I have a nice box of them, I go to the store every couple weeks to get myself a minifigure.
    X

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i refuse to hear your slanderous lies against the good name of legos any further GOOD DAY SIR!
    It's still funny that there are just two Americanisms that make me wince and instantly think a person is a simpering idiot - the first is "legos" and the second is not pronouncing the H in "herb." Everything else is reasonable but these two just gives me such a ridiculous sense of disdain lol.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Clever Trev View Post
    people who think that are clearly all sheeps.

on topic tho i prefer mega bloks cos the mini figs are awesome, plus since their patent ran out lego is identical to the others while being like twice the price.
    I love the mega bloks minifigs too, especially Halo, Warcraft and the old Megabloks Dragons (armored lego people). However the original blocks were really flimsy compared to legos, but they got better. I don't get why people hate lego copycats...I think most are good and cheaper, the only one major one I haven't tried is knex.

I think Legos along with stuffed animals are amongst the best toys to get kids, it lets them be more creative...but so many parents prefer to buy their kids ipads, it makes me sad .
    X

Deleted
    Legos, were my childhood I loved them so much, next to Pokemon ofcourse, I used to spend the long summer evenings just sitting in my room and building random shit, usually just blocks ontop off one another + attempts to make spaceships and "Fly" them around the room, good ole days =D. Also why I enjoy Minecraft I suppose, them being slightly the same in a way.

Only downside to Lego was tredding on them at night... The pain one would go through, It was tear worthy!

Deleted
    ye i just managed to get a cheap arctic combat unit and the white hayabusa is amazing i love it it is great how poseable they are can make epic stop motions compared to legos who walk like bloody basil fawlty at best :P[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by mmoc969cab634e; 2013-03-26 at 07:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holymidget View Post
    Legos, were my childhood I loved them so much, next to Pokemon ofcourse, I used to spend the long summer evenings just sitting in my room and building random shit, usually just blocks ontop off one another + attempts to make spaceships and "Fly" them around the room, good ole days =D. Also why I enjoy Minecraft I suppose, them being slightly the same in a way.

Only downside to Lego was tredding on them at night... The pain one would go through, It was tear worthy!
    yes lego and pokemon the stuff of every 90s kid's childhood! and beast wars too! fuck yesssss!