Thread: Hero Abilities

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Going to go out on a limb here and surmise that most of these will invoke cool-downs when used.
    I dunno, conflicting info on it. Arlee (supermod on MMO-C) played it on Pax, and said there were cooldowns involved with the Hero abilities, but then I read a review of someone who'd played it categorically stating it was available for every turn. So, need more info till we know for sure.


    EDIT: Unless you meant cooldown after you use it in that turn for the rest of that turn. In that case, yes. Only usuable once per turn when you have it available. My problem is more that I've heard conflicting info about between turn's cooldown.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I dunno, conflicting info on it. Arlee (supermod on MMO-C) played it on Pax, and said there were cooldowns involved with the Hero abilities, but then I read a review of someone who'd played it categorically stating it was available for every turn. So, need more info till we know for sure.
    Well there is already an inbuilt caution mechanism in the cost, assuming it is 2 mana per ability then they would only really be feasible to use instead of playing cards until later in the game anyway.

    Still it would be interesting to see if they have cooldowns which differ between them, it would certainly relieve some potential balance issues...

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Well there is already an inbuilt caution mechanism in the cost, assuming it is 2 mana per ability then they would only really be feasible to use instead of playing cards until later in the game anyway.

    Still it would be interesting to see if they have cooldowns which differ between them, it would certainly relieve some potential balance issues...
    The priest ability was 2 mana per use. No idea about the other class abilities but I would imagine they are similar. I could have sworn it wasn't available every turn ( if it was I feel bad for not using it more) but honestly I played on Sunday and there was a lot going on and I definitely could have just not realized >< I also talked to Zarhym for awhile after so it could have been a detail that fled my mind after.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    The priest ability was 2 mana per use. No idea about the other class abilities but I would imagine they are similar. I could have sworn it wasn't available every turn ( if it was I feel bad for not using it more) but honestly I played on Sunday and there was a lot going on and I definitely could have just not realized >< I also talked to Zarhym for awhile after so it could have been a detail that fled my mind after.
    I watched the gameplay video again, specifically watching a few things, like cooldown on hero ability, and it seemed to be up every turn, for Warlocks and Druids at least.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Yeah. I feel the same about the mage ability compared to the hunter ability.

    If you give me a choice to do 2 damage directly to someone or 1 damage to either him or his minion - I'll take the 2 damage every time.
    It really just depends. If it ends up being how I assume the mage active could be better utility. Say the opponent has a minion with one health and you don't want to trade any damage with it. Boom its dead and you retaliation. Also depending on how Spellpower works, you may be able to even buff your hero's active ability increasing it greatly.

  6. #26
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    579
    Well the warlock one is going to be totally OP, going into topdeck mode is always the worst thing, and having a sure draw mechanic when you deck starts to lose it's gas it always ridicules.

    The mage is going to be better then the hunter, just imagine the times at the start of the game when you can take out small minions on opponents side without using any cards to do so, that's the equivalent of a card draw early in the game and what makes you able to trade much more efficiently with opponents minions later on in the game, trading your weak minions for his bigger and just using the mage ability to take the last life away.

    Paladin and shamans are really strong as well, getting cheap or free dudes is also almost the same as free cards when your deck starts running dry but their late game potential is slightly lower then the other two since the power of the minions doesn't scale with time.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I watched the gameplay video again, specifically watching a few things, like cooldown on hero ability, and it seemed to be up every turn, for Warlocks and Druids at least.
    Ah so it's likely that I could only use it once a turn and I was a nub and didn't realize it

  8. #28
    Armor seems to persist and/or stack. When watching the Fireside Duel, there is one point where the Druid attacks the Warlock directly (and thus takes no return damage), leaving his Armor intact for a couple more turns before it's damaged by one of the Warlock's spells. He doesn't cast Shapeshift again within that time, but I see no reason for "+1 Armor" to not give you 1 Armor. The "+1 Attack this turn" specifies that it's this turn, and anything else that says "+X" will stack.

    The only thing that doesn't seem to stack is "Restore X Health" since "restore" is a special keyword that means that it can't restore above the maximum. After all, casting a healing spell shouldn't make someone tougher than they were originally if it's an ordinary healing spell.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    Armor seems to persist and/or stack. When watching the Fireside Duel, there is one point where the Druid attacks the Warlock directly (and thus takes no return damage), leaving his Armor intact for a couple more turns before it's damaged by one of the Warlock's spells. He doesn't cast Shapeshift again within that time, but I see no reason for "+1 Armor" to not give you 1 Armor. The "+1 Attack this turn" specifies that it's this turn, and anything else that says "+X" will stack.

    The only thing that doesn't seem to stack is "Restore X Health" since "restore" is a special keyword that means that it can't restore above the maximum. After all, casting a healing spell shouldn't make someone tougher than they were originally if it's an ordinary healing spell.
    Armor persisting through turns is a good start, but it still doesn't mean it will stack. I look at it like the Heal thing. It says you get +1 Armor, so that's what you get +1 Armor, and if you use it again you still get your armor set to the level of +1, not stacking it to +2. Otherwise they would have likely said something along the lines of "Adds +1 to your armor value" or something, to indicate it can rise higher then +1.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  10. #30
    Herald of the Titans Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    2,903
    The fact that it says +1 armor indicates that it's additive, surely. If it weren't, it would just say "give you 1 armor."

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The fact that it says +1 armor indicates that it's additive, surely. If it weren't, it would just say "give you 1 armor."
    Mhmm, that has some merit. Plus I still can't imagine they'd put in an ability that would only work up to 1, and then basically become useless, when things like the Card draw are useful every single turn.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  12. #32
    It is important to go through your deck and get lots of cards, so i believe warlock has upper hand. But we dont know if there is a card like "if your opponent has more than 4 cards in hand, discard 2 or deal X damage to Y" so I cant see having cards in hand or going through your deck fast is a valid strategy.

  13. #33
    Field Marshal justjimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    57
    I'd pay 2 health all day for a card draw. So OP'd.
    Hearthston Playerswww.hearthstoneplayers.com Updates everyday! Featuring the latest articles, news and strategies! Twitter @hearth_players

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •