Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

which legendary to craft?

thinking of going back to hearthstone. i play a control priest. i have 1600 dust which should i craft a cairne bloodhoof or alexstrasza as a sort of heal? i have ysera already. might even consider malygos or bloodmage thalnos.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    why i thought cairne was a really good legendary and alexstrasza was really average? i am not going to craft any gvg legendarys.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    why i thought cairne was a really good legendary and alexstrasza was really average? i am not going to craft any gvg legendarys.
    Alex sees play in Control Warrior and Freeze Mage. Occasionally gets played in Handlock and sometimes some wombo-combo decks use her to create the opening for the next turn (Burst Shamans).

Cairne used to be pretty much mandatory in the past but nowadays virtually no deck uses it anymore. It's not that it's bad, but other cards appeared and took its place. Cairne might reappear in the future, but right now it is rarely seen anymore.

In your case, as a Control Priest, Vol'Jin is the logical choice as a legendary since he is "mandatory" in any Control Priest deck. At least any of the current meta priest decks. Priests don't benefit enough from Malygos or Thalnos for them to be a choice.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-03-26 at 02:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why won't you craft GvG legendaries? Vol'jin is great for Ctrl Priests. Hell, craft up Dr Boom for an extremely useful legendary you can happily slot into basically any deck that's not aggo.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Why won't you craft GvG legendaries? Vol'jin is great for Ctrl Priests. Hell, craft up Dr Boom for an extremely useful legendary you can happily slot into basically any deck that's not aggo.
    I occasionally even run Dr. Boom in my face hunter decks for some sort of back up plan.

Er, why? I guess if you specifically want to prove a point that you can get to legend rank without GvG cards maybe? I can almost guarantee GvG cards would be your best bet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    mostly out of principle but also because i want to craft the original legendaries first. before i move on to crafting the next expansions legendaries. also why doesn't anyone ever use elite tauren chieftein?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2015-03-26 at 03:15 AM.

Deleted
    Oh nvm though of a different card.

Dr. Boom or Voljin are great. Vol'jin is good because it can trade it's health with another minion, so if played right you can get to 6+ health, and then it makes whatever you traded hp with easier to kill. Dr. Balanced is just great overall, and if it gets nerfed, you can get a full refund of the dust anyhow.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

mostly out of principle but also because i want to craft the original legendaries first. before i move on to crafting the next expansions legendaries. also why doesn't anyone ever use elite tauren chieftein?
    ETC has the same stats and cost as say, Stranglethorn Tiger and Loatheb, but whereas both of those cards have a straightforward effect that is of benefit to you, ETC has a random effect that might benefit you OR your opponent, so it's net neutral, ergo overall worse than either of those.

Here's an old control(ish?) Priest guide on Hearthpwn that's not been updated for GvG:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/90286...d-tempo-priest

Uses Cairne, which would probably be my instinct for a control Priest anyway. Does use Naxx cards though - are you willing to use Naxx?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Dr. Boom he can be played in almost any deck out there and his value to cost is incredibly skewed. He is really a 7 cost 9/9 with the ability to do 2-8 damage to any random enemy character. Unless you are going for a very specific deck build Dr. Boom can be easily placed in your deck.

Deleted
    Dr. Balanced.

If your not going to craft the top tier legendaries out of "principle" then you don't give a fuck about them being effective or not, so craft whatever you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cairne isn't bad but I think they are better options. Dr. Boom, Ragnaros and Sylvanas are all good neutral legendaries. Vol'jin as people mentioned as well. I'd put those all above Cairne and certainly above Alexstraza.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dr Boom first before anything else, do you have him ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Assuming you have none to start with, here's the general breakdown of power for a priest, based upon my opinion and the general feeling I get from the legend streamers I watch:

Dr Boom >> Sylvanas Windrunner > Loatheb > Vol'Jin > Ragnaros the Firelord > *Black Knight >= *Harrison Jones > Sneed’s Old Shredder > Bloodmage Thalnos > Cairne Bloodhoof > the rest

*Very meta dependant

Really, if you don't have Dr. Boom, craft Dr. Boom.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2015-03-26 at 02:43 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I would really strongly recommend Dr Balanced for your first craft.

Ryme pretty much has the right of it. Sylvanas is probably the most valuable neutral from the original set. It has strong synergy with priest because you can Death it but it's a strong pick for pretty much every deck except for the rushiest of rush decks.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Dr. Boom is really the first legendary anyone should craft if they have opportunity to do so. It's just overall good in any deck except face huntard (and even there you can stick it as a backup plan), I mostly play priest too and he was the first leg i crafted. I'm F2P player, only bought naxxramas for RM, rest is from gold and arena rewards so not that much really, given my casual playstyle and sometimes month-long breaks.

If Boom gets the nerf stick sometime later you get your full refund within couple of weeks anyway. So feel free to craft it.

I wouldn't craft Cairne for a while, and Alexstrazsa is only good in control warrior and freeze mage. Dr. Boom is easily the best legendary to craft first, and can be placed in every deck. Vol'jin is also really good, he can work as both removal and a strong cheap body. I've also seen Ysera in some priest decks but I'd recommend crafting Dr. Boom first. If you don't have Sylvanas, I'd craft her second.

Dr. Boom - no brainer - since you can use him in every deck you make. Second would be Vol'jin if you want a priest specific card, or Sylvanas if you want another card you can use in every deck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    ETC has the same stats and cost as say, Stranglethorn Tiger and Loatheb, but whereas both of those cards have a straightforward effect that is of benefit to you, ETC has a random effect that might benefit you OR your opponent, so it's net neutral, ergo overall worse than either of those.

Here's an old control(ish?) Priest guide on Hearthpwn that's not been updated for GvG:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/90286...d-tempo-priest

Uses Cairne, which would probably be my instinct for a control Priest anyway. Does use Naxx cards though - are you willing to use Naxx?
    yeah i loved naxx.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    Dr. Boom - no brainer - since you can use him in every deck you make. Second would be Vol'jin if you want a priest specific card, or Sylvanas if you want another card you can use in every deck.
    i refuse to use dr. i win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Er, why? I guess if you specifically want to prove a point that you can get to legend rank without GvG cards maybe? I can almost guarantee GvG cards would be your best bet though.
    mostly because i hate what gvg represents.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2015-03-26 at 03:25 PM.