Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'd like some clarification if anyone here is on the PTR:

1. The spell has 3 charges. Does it also have a cooldown in addition to those charges?

Since it has charges, it might/should work like Savage Defense for a Guardian druid. With a Guardian, SD has 3 charges, each lasts 6 seconds and each charge has a 9 second CD. This means that a Guardian can stagger his SDs so that he can do several consecutive SDs without delay or he can spam all three charges at once and then has to wait 9 seconds before he can use any more. (The latter is obviously not an ideal way to use it.) With proper staggering, a Guardian druid could maintain SD for 45 seconds (iirc) before the recharges become an issue. After that, he can maintain a 67% uptime on SD.

If Force of Nature works the same way, but in this case with a 15 second uptime and a 20 second recharge, then that means Resto druids could, with proper staggering, maintain a treant companion for a very long time during a fight before the recharges become an issue. Alternatively, the Resto druid could use all three charges at once every 20 seconds and get the effect of all three 75% of the fight. (And that's a pretty good uptime!)

However, none of this is possible if, in addition to having charges, Force of Nature also has a cooldown. In other words, if you have say a minute to use 3 treants and then the spell goes on CD for another minute or two, then everything I've said above doesn't apply. I doubt this is how FoN works, but I'd still like confirmation.

2. It's been mentioned already, but just to be clear: Are you given the option of either casting FoN *on* another player or else *at* a location? Can I cast FoN on someone the same way I'd cast Rejuv on them? And if I don't have a target when casting FoN, does a targeting circle appear on my mouse?

3. A followup from question 2: It seems, from what I'm reading, that if FoN is cast *on* someone, that they will instantly receive the Swiftmend. If instead, however, I cast FoN at a location, do the treants then cast Swiftmend on whomever they feel like (perhaps choosing the lowest health targets)? And if so, do they cast it as soon as they spawn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurax View Post
    Jesus Christ? I could not follow his radical left-wing path. No, even if I did believe in a personal god, I would not have the guts, the extreme altruism and radical anti-capitalism necessary to call myself a Christian.
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Hyperbole police! We have been alerted to several reports of some suburbian white guys complaining about racism. Ok I am going to give you a warning. You have 60 days to put on your big boy britches and stop being a whiny kid. Seriously. Time to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I'd like some clarification if anyone here is on the PTR:

1. The spell has 3 charges. Does it also have a cooldown in addition to those charges?

Since it has charges, it might/should work like Savage Defense for a Guardian druid. With a Guardian, SD has 3 charges, each lasts 6 seconds and each charge has a 9 second CD. This means that a Guardian can stagger his SDs so that he can do several consecutive SDs without delay or he can spam all three charges at once and then has to wait 9 seconds before he can use any more. (The latter is obviously not an ideal way to use it.) With proper staggering, a Guardian druid could maintain SD for 45 seconds (iirc) before the recharges become an issue. After that, he can maintain a 67% uptime on SD.

If Force of Nature works the same way, but in this case with a 15 second uptime and a 20 second recharge, then that means Resto druids could, with proper staggering, maintain a treant companion for a very long time during a fight before the recharges become an issue. Alternatively, the Resto druid could use all three charges at once every 20 seconds and get the effect of all three 75% of the fight. (And that's a pretty good uptime!)

However, none of this is possible if, in addition to having charges, Force of Nature also has a cooldown. In other words, if you have say a minute to use 3 treants and then the spell goes on CD for another minute or two, then everything I've said above doesn't apply. I doubt this is how FoN works, but I'd still like confirmation.

-FoN is 3 charges each with a 20 sec cd, a lot like roll or the double charge talent. you can choose to stagger them thru out the fight, with uptime being nearly 100%, or use all three at once for a little burst.

2. It's been mentioned already, but just to be clear: Are you given the option of either casting FoN *on* another player or else *at* a location? Can I cast FoN on someone the same way I'd cast Rejuv on them? And if I don't have a target when casting FoN, does a targeting circle appear on my mouse?

-The initial treantmend effect is castable on players, i used clique but im sure mouse over macros will work aswell. they use treantmend immediately when cast, as all the treants do their "special" once when cast. after that they just healing touch on whoever.

3. A followup from question 2: It seems, from what I'm reading, that if FoN is cast *on* someone, that they will instantly receive the Swiftmend. If instead, however, I cast FoN at a location, do the treants then cast swiftmend on whomever they feel like (perhaps choosing the lowest health targets)? And if so, do they cast it as soon as they spawn?

-you cast the treantmend on people, it is not a smart heal. if you dont have a target it just goes down on you, as it is not a ground targetable spell anymore. the treants themselves always drop in on you, and start casting ht, not the people you cast the treantmend on.

hope that clears up some stuff for you

Quote Originally Posted by todzilla85 View Post
    hope that clears up some stuff for you
    Well explained. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurax View Post
    Jesus Christ? I could not follow his radical left-wing path. No, even if I did believe in a personal god, I would not have the guts, the extreme altruism and radical anti-capitalism necessary to call myself a Christian.
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Hyperbole police! We have been alerted to several reports of some suburbian white guys complaining about racism. Ok I am going to give you a warning. You have 60 days to put on your big boy britches and stop being a whiny kid. Seriously. Time to grow up.