Opening Burst with Ji-Kun Fabled Feathers, is it best to delay DR?

Assuming Fabled Feathers procs on pull would it be best to delay my opening burst of BB/DR until the trinket is at 10 stacks so that my DR gets the full 18,000~ str and hits like a truck, or use it right away when feathers is at 1 or 2 stacks and get the remaining str gains on my CS>RB+HS spam that follows?

I can see in my mind the merit of both. A DR with 18k extra str is gonna hit for like 800k~, and the extra 30% from BB is big, but I also think that a few RB at 12-18k more str might make up the difference anyways, and I have no idea how I would sim this out or if that's even possible.

Your second proposed scenario is flawed, using DR early will only let you use 1 GCD in its place when the trinket procs are apporaching its max value. Its not like you either choose to get good damage our of CS or good damage on DR. The best way to take advantage of the trinket would be to just build rage/apply sunders/light rotation for about 6-7 seconds, then pop your CDs, do the CS rotation and finally pop DR on the highest proc. The only porblem with this is that you will waste one reck gcd on DR which is guaranteed crit, but seeing the difference the valor trinket makes on DR, I can only assume a max feather proc will make up for it in spades.

Yeah that makes sense, I hadn't thought of that. It would also make sense to hold BB until 12~ seconds left on the trinket so that when I DR at the end of the roc, BB is rolling, yes?

Yes, though it also depends on your second trinket. Let's say you have the valor trinket from shado-pan assault, which brings a substantial proc itself. If the shado-pan trinket procs right away, its proc will run out before the feather proc reaches its max value, and you'll probably want to pop CDs while they are both overlapping. Luckily it usually takes a few seconds for ICD based trinkets to proc though. I think that if you're able to have feathers proc at max while shado-pan proc is still up your DR could reach upwards of 1mill dmg.

Yeah very likely. I actually just tested the LFR feathers on a training dummy and with no buffs at all DR hit for 145k without feathers and 273k at max feather stacks. If I get the reg version of it tonight and also pick up the 522 valor one, I could easily see 1mil+ in a raid setting with buffs and banner. Thanks for your help sir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaCore View Post
    Yeah that makes sense, I hadn't thought of that. It would also make sense to hold BB until 12~ seconds left on the trinket so that when I DR at the end of the roc, BB is rolling, yes?
    It would for personal damage certainly. Problem is if you start delaying DR to go off 20 seconds into the fight, you have to delay skull banner by 10 seconds on the pull, which might mess with other members of your raid and cause a raid dps loss, depending on what classes are there and what trinkets they have. You'll have to discuss with your raid to figure out of it'll be a raid dps loss or gain overall.

As Fury, I would definitely delay a little, using bloodbath early but not using Dragon Roar till optimal (depending on trinket procs and Bloodbath being up).