Poll: Choose your character!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Did not know that, was it a Japan exclusive?

Never mind just looked it up and it was, may have to check it out, says there were some other changes as well.

Also never mind what I said about Symphonia being the only one with a sequel, forgot about Destiny and Xilla.
    I would love Raven in SSB4, too bad he was never on nintendo =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    sprite child - secret of mana.

Obvious answer is Geno from Super Mario RPG

Of Third Party characters I only want to see Megaman added, and they should just keep it at Sonic, Snake and Megaman. Luckily Sakurai knows how much he's supposed to limit it, it's a Nintendo all-stars after all. Even more lucky for us that he said during the Brawl development that he'd never consider anime/cartoons character either, the character has to originate from a video game.

In the end the only character I really crave from SSB4 is Ridley though, my brain melted when I found out he was a boss in Brawl, since he was my most anticipated character.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Of Third Party characters I only want to see Geno added, and they should just keep it at Geno, Geno and Geno. Luckily Sakurai knows how much he's supposed to limit it, it's a Nintendo all-stars after all. Even more lucky for us that he said during the Brawl development that he'd never consider anime/cartoons character either, the character has to originate from a video game.

In the end the only character I really crave from SSB4 is Geno though, my brain melted when I found out he was a boss in Brawl, since he was my most anticipated character.
    Fixed that for you

10+ Year Old Account
    I say Sonic the Hedgehog.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    Phoenix Wright should totally be a guest character, him getting a new game (Ace Attorney 5) on the Nintendo 3DS.
    He could be an assist trophy where he points his finger at people and they're stunned or something.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Of Third Party characters I only want to see Megaman added, and they should just keep it at Sonic, Snake and Megaman. Luckily Sakurai knows how much he's supposed to limit it, it's a Nintendo all-stars after all. Even more lucky for us that he said during the Brawl development that he'd never consider anime/cartoons character either, the character has to originate from a video game.

In the end the only character I really crave from SSB4 is Ridley though, my brain melted when I found out he was a boss in Brawl, since he was my most anticipated character.
    I'm really glad Sakurai isn't incorporating 4th party characters (anime & manga) SSB fans deserve to have the continuity of the game preserved.
    Anyone who wants fourth party characters is just fan boying, without considering what it would mean for SSB franchise.

I personally don't mind third party characters, although I wasn't a fan of snake, I hope he won't be returning, in favour of Megaman, to help refine the number of third party characters. As long as the character is prestigious and iconic, I wouldn't mind, I just don't think Snake is on a sonic, mario, or megaman level.

I share you desire for Ridley! Metroid feels rather under represented in previous smash bros titles. Although Ridley isn't a third party, he's first party so I think his chances are alot higher than the ones mentioned in this thread /celebrate.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 10:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    Fixed that for you
    lol you cheeky monkey.
    made me lol.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-03-27 at 10:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the leading plagiarist comic artist and internet twit ChrisChan
    Sonichu for SSB4

Last edited by Whidbey; 2013-11-30 at 06:28 PM.

Look, my real answer is Banjo & Kazooie, but my dreams can never come true because they don't feel like it. However, my secondary answer is Mega Man, and that's the general opinion on the largest Smash site on the net.

www.smashboards.com for people who don't know. Also, I may post this thread at some point as reference there.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Look, my real answer is Banjo & Kazooie, but my dreams can never come true because they don't feel like it. However, my secondary answer is Mega Man, and that's the general opinion on the largest Smash site on the net.
    I've been reading up on any possibility of Banjo returning to Nintendo.
    Essentially the two lead dev's at Rare sold 51% of their shares to Microsoft. Effectively making microsoft the owners of Rare and their franchise characters.
    Later those two lead dev's would go on to pursue new things, I think they began a new company called retro.
    Microsoft tried releasing and using some of these popular Franchises like Conker and Banjo, but reached little to no success and poor reviews.
    Rare now does all the kinect games for xbox, so they're purpose has changed.

What this means is Nintendo has zero chance of purchasing Rare, however they do have the possibility of being able to purchase the franchises that rare owned (which microsoft now owns, respectively). Pretty much Microsoft doesn't have the same people who made those games successful to begin with, and haven't done much with the titles in a few years. So will Microsoft sell? will Nintendo buy?

My own little theory craft behind this situation is Microsoft either doesn't want it's competitor to have a means to make profit off something they struggle to, so they just sit on the rights of the characters and franchises, depriving the respective fans of quality games. Or have the prices not reasonable enough in Nintendo's eyes to make the purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now if we are talking about what Nintendo characters we want to see I could probably make a couple page response of guys I think would be awesome. However of them these are my top 1st/2nd party characters I would want to see in Smash 4 (or any future games/versions):

-Mike Jones (StarTropics): The lack of StarTropics references in the Smash Bros series (and Nintendo games in general) I find to be disturbing. I guess Mike would be to much like Ness since his main attacks would consist of a yo-yo and baseball bat, but could also throw in some other more unique weapons from both NES games. Also Mike embodies a classic 80s/early 90s American kid stereotype that I think personifies classic Nintendo pretty damn well, especially if they give him some really cheesy outdated quotes. Also there is a fact that we have seen Japan-exclusive Nintendo characters in Smash, but not yet any Non-Japan exclusive guys. Of all the Nintendo series StarTropics is my pick for what should get the Kid Icarus Uprising style update.

-Jill (Drill Dozer): Main character of what I personally consider one of the best platformers I have EVER played in my history of playing video games. I could imagine all kinds of cool attacks with her Dozer-suit and varying drill intensities.

-Stanley (Donkey Kong 3): Lots of spray can related attacks and perhaps some references to other old 80s era Nintendo arcade games.

-Little Mac (Punch-Out!!): If he is in the game I hope they make him taller. I know hes suppose to be "little" Mac, but his size in Brawl just seemed way to short. If he does get into the game they need King Hippo or Mr. Dream to be a boss character. Also Mac needs a boxing ring stage.

-Geno (Super Mario RPG): For very obvious reasons and I doubt I need to explain to anyone why. His cannon-transformation from the game needs to be his Final Smash and his stage intro should be his star form landing into his puppet body.

-Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame Jō): Because Smash Bros needs a samurai.

-Starfy (The Legendary Starfy): Wouldn't have a whole lot of attacks besides acrobatic spinning moves, but I think the game needs more "cutsey" characters like Kirby to balance the roster out a little more.

-Dixie Kong: (Donkey Kong Country 2): More acrobatic moves then Diddy Kong and also her pony-tail copter ability.

-Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow): Besides some standard fighting moves I can imagine all of his attacks being obscure Nintendo references (just like the game he is from) and also wielding a giant DS stylus as a weapon just because he can.

-Tin Star (TinStar): because hes a robot cowboy.

-Prince Fluff (Kirby's Epic Yarn): Same yarn style graphics as the game hes from with the same style of attacks.

-Ouendan Squad/Elite Beat Agents/Divas super team: (Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents) I dont know exactly how this would work, but basically I would love a big team of characters all taking turns fighting that consists of the cast of the various dance troupes from all three of this series games. I suppose it would work with characters jumping off screen and replacing a different member through out the matches depending on how much damage is taken/dealt or what moves are used with each character having different statistics and with a rare chance to swap to a really powerful character. Also I imagine the fighting style being somehow based off of a rhythm type combo system for chaining attacks together.

-Sheriff (Sheriff arcade game): Might be hard to make this into a fully fleshed out character besides his gun move. I would imagine him using some attacks from other pre-Donkey Kong video games by Nintendo. Also he would need to retain his classic graphics style for in the game in the same way Mr. Game&Watch does (though I do remember a sticker I think from Brawl of artwork of him).

-Tamagon (Devil World): Another character to fit the cutsey position along side Kirby.

-Zip (FlingSmash): Not sure exactly how his attacks would work. I could imagine him having some strange physics to his character that makes him really bouncy against certain materials and bouncing off of them and other characters gives him momentum to smash into characters harder or something.

-Muddy Mole (Mole Mania): The main character from Shigeru Miyamoto's forgotten GameBoy game. Could see him using some burrowing attacks and kind of drill diving aerial attacks and maybe flinging mud around as a projectile.

-Flint (Mother 3): While not the main character of Mother 3, he did seem to originally be planned to be the main hero in the games original version (aka EarthBound 64). I know I am not the only one who wanted to see Flint appear in Brawl and see him lay the smack down with some giant wooden boards.

-Wes (Pokemon Colosseum): either a replacement for Pokemon Trainer (who I hope in the next game they actually name Red) or as a completely new character that fights along side his summoned Pokemon somehow (Espeon and Umbreon).

-Tom Nook (Animal Crossing): Hear me out on this one. We have Captain Falcon, a character from a racing game as a fighter. My vision for Tom Nook is him piloting a robotic mech suite caricature of himself, basically a giant robotic raccoon head cockpit with arms and legs sticking out of it. His attacks would include a shovel and axe on its arms and a cannon on its back that can shoot out furniture and can also wield a sofa as a melee weapon.

-Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness): Because I think Nintendo should have a character from one of its M-rated games in Smash Bros. I imagine her standard attack being a shotgun, but then also being able to transform/swap with the other characters from the game that posses different attacks and weapons.

-Tingle (Zelda series): Because I actually like Tingle sort of (mainly from after playing through his DS game). His balloons and bombs could make for some pretty cool moves and they could even try working in his cartoonish hand-to-hand fighting style from the DS game into him somehow.

-Fawul (Mario & Luigi series): Probably the last choice of any Mario character to get into the game, but I would orgasm with glee if he got at least a direct reference somewhere in Smash 4.

And what the hell, some more random shit I want to see:
    -Grey and Orange Zappers as a new weapon/item
    -a Devil's Machine/Giygas stage or possibly boss battle
    -speaking of which, more love for the Mother series in general
    -reworked clone characters so everyone is unique and unique Final Smash attacks for each character
    -a new Assist Trophy that summons Dr. Kawashima's disembodied head from Brain Age to fly around obscuring the screen and criticizing/commenting on the characters fighting.
    -more character transformations like Zelda and Samus: Mario turning into Paper Mario and Ganondorf into NES-Ganon are my top picks.
    -multiple versions of Link that are not clones: NES era Link, Hero of Time Link, Toon Link, Twilight Link, Skyward Link. If not a unique NES Link then god dammit Link needs the sword beam attack in the next Smash Bros. (or at least a new item from Zelda that mimics it)
    -Mewtwo must come back and he must be bad-ass.
    -add a weird as fuck GameBoy Camera stage like they did for Electroplankton and Picto-Chat that mixes in images saved on your game system
    -Luigi needs to have a new move that uses the Poultergeist 3000.
    -more costumes for each character that are not just color swaps (except in Mario's case so he can swap between his old color scheme and new). Also the alternate costumes should include entire different character forms like Classic Sonic for Sonic, Old Snake/Naked Snake for Solid Snake, maybe Rival/Blue or Female versions of the Pokemon Trainer, the cartoonish forms of Mr. Game&Watch from Game Boy Gallery (the precursor to the Game&Watch Gallery series), Zelda and Toon/Wind Waker Zelda/Tetra and a form of Pitt that more resembles his artwork from his original two games.

Also I am probably in the minority for saying this, but I hope the 3DS and Wii U versions of Smash Bros have different character rosters with the ability to play as those unique characters on the opposite system if you own both. I also know it wont happen, but for a while I was hoping the 3DS version would be completely different and be a 3D fighter with game play like the versus modes from Kid Icarus Uprising. I know there are rumors saying that the 3DS version will be more about single player and if they include some kind of RPG character leveling system I will be very amused for many years to come. I really just hope that both games have some major differences, I dont want the games to be more or less the same like they are on Vita, my amusement with hand held versions of console titles was that they usually always played differently.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-03-28 at 12:41 AM.

Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash.

I dunno about Vivi but a black mage would make sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Seeing how Namco is involved I would like to see some Tales characters. Kratos would be pretty sweet IMO.
    Zelos first! We don't have any silly swordsmen in the game.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Crash, I could see him working quite well and he wouldn't be too hard to design either.
    Hey everyone

Megaman. With X suit upgrades.

Or

Simon Belmont
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as nintendo has had 3 monster hunter games under their belt, with MH4 being a 3ds exclusive, I think there should be a "Monster Hunter" character. His moves could be like link where you get different weapons for different attacks. He could be a slower heavier character because a majority of the weapons in monster hunter are slow, but maybe for his special he could switch to something faster like dual blades to do a ton of damage quick. That or summon a monster to attack, that would be pretty sweet huh?

Professor Layton gets not love? O well...

Also they could definetly add in more characters from Fire Emblem games (i.e. Hector)

What about Earthworm Jim

Games: Earthworm Jim 2 (SNES), Earthworm Jim 3D (N64), Earthworm Jim: Menace 2 the Galaxy (Gameboy & Gameboy Color), and appeared as a guest character in Clay Fighter for N64.

Not sure if he fits the bill for iconic, definitely nostalgic though, i'd almost say he's retro now.

I don't think there's a good chance for a retro third party.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-03-28 at 04:17 PM.

I know Golden Sun is property of Camelot, but would love to see some characters from that in SSB. Jenna was always my favorite.