Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fire Mage - Personal Crit

I know that a lot of people have been saying you should be self-buffed crit at/around 33-35%, I'm actually frost right now (like most) and I just have a quick question.

Here's my mage:
    us.battle. net/wow/en/character/area-52/Jprowler/advanced

From doing a sample reforge from AMR, it shows I'll have 29.78% crit, is that before arcane brilliance and armor or is that after?

Will I have enough crit? If it's after both brill and armor, then definitely not?

AMR accounts for Molten Armor (if fire spec is selected), Arcane Brilliance, Blessing of Kings, AND raid boss crit supression (-3%).

AMR does *not* account for Critical Mass. They really need to add an option that removes all raid buffs/armors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethys View Post
    AMR accounts for Molten Armor (if fire spec is selected), Arcane Brilliance, Blessing of Kings, AND raid boss crit supression (-3%).

AMR does *not* account for Critical Mass. They really need to add an option that removes all raid buffs/armors...
    Wow I did not realize that they accounted for the 3% crit suppression on the player sheet at AMR very interesting. For some reason I always thought their % numbers matched my character sheeet ingame. Will have to check that out again.

Oh wow, so I'm not even close then..thanks for your answer. Guess I'll wait to get some more crit gear.

Deleted
    That's actually really annoying

I just noticed this the other day reforging my bear and wondered why the Crit didn't match. Good to know.

AMR doesnt account for CM ? you sure ?

Does this mean that I need to take the result I got out of AMR for fire optimize and multiply it by 1.3?

For example AMR tells me I will have 31.56% crit if I go fire with current gear, so I will actually have 41.02%?

Quote Originally Posted by fusionz View Post
    AMR doesnt account for CM ? you sure ?

Does this mean that I need to take the result I got out of AMR for fire optimize and multiply it by 1.3?

For example AMR tells me I will have 31.56% crit if I go fire with current gear, so I will actually have 41.02%?
    I am almost 100% sure it does not account for CM. Switch from frost to fire in the options and your crit % stays the same. CM also only affects 4 mage spells, remember we use mage bomb, flamestrike, etc. as well. AMR would need a separate column for CM spells only.

I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. If, how critical mass works, is to multiply your chance to crit with Fireball, Pyro, FFB, and Scorch by 1.3 than I assume it would calculate it after buffs, and crit suppression. I'm not 100% sure on that, though. Real game testing (skada, recount, actual crit %) is probably needed... Unless, that information is out on the internet somewhere and I haven't found it yet.

I'm still frost at the moment, haven't had the time aside to regem/forge/enchant my stuff to fire, even though I'm at a good spot to switch. With the release of Bioshock today I won't have much time for WoW outside of raids anyway.
    Last edited by Rethys; 2013-03-26 at 05:27 PM.

Deleted
    I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. If, how critical mass works, is to multiply your chance to crit with Fireball, Pyro, FFB, and Scorch by 1.3 than I assume it would calculate it after buffs, and crit suppression. I'm not 100% sure on that, though. Real game testing (skada, recount, actual crit %) is probably needed... Unless, that information is out on the internet somewhere and I haven't found it yet.

I'm still frost at the moment, haven't had the time aside to regem/forge/enchant my stuff to fire, even though I'm at a good spot to switch. With the release of Bioshock today I won't have much time for WoW outside of raids anyway.
    I think you just multiply your crit on the character sheet for CM. Say you have 35% crit, thats means your fireball/pyro/etc has a crit chance of 35*1.3=45.5 on a level 90 target.
    To know your crit on a boss level target is 45.5-3=42.5, because you loose 1% crit per level, and bosses are level 93.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    I think you just multiply your crit on the character sheet for CM. Say you have 35% crit, thats means your fireball/pyro/etc has a crit chance of 35*1.3=45.5 on a level 90 target.
    To know your crit on a boss level target is 45.5-3=42.5, because you loose 1% crit per level, and bosses are level 93.
    That's how I assumed it worked as well, I just wasn't sure. So unbuffed crit > buffs > CM applied > +3 boss level crit suppression, in that order?

That's how I assumed it worked as well, I just wasn't sure. So unbuffed crit > buffs > CM applied > +3 boss level crit suppression, in that order?
    I think it should be unbuffed crit > buffs > -3% due to boss > (at this point your spells have x certain chance of crit) > then CM applied and chance is 1.3x

Thats the most logical order imo,

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure you are doing this backwards guys. It should be [(Your Crit)+(Buff Crit)-3% Crit suppression]*(Critical Mass)=Crit Chance of FFB,FB,Pyro, Scorch.

Quote Originally Posted by royals View Post
    I am pretty sure you are doing this backwards guys. It should be [(Your Crit)+(Buff Crit)-3% Crit suppression]*(Critical Mass)=Crit Chance of FFB,FB,Pyro, Scorch.
    Correct, so (Character sheet crit - 3%) * CM.

Also i noticed all of you are using 1.3 for Critical mass, however i thought it was nerfed to 1.2 again, as shown in spellbook.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridanjohn View Post
    Correct, so (Character sheet crit - 3%) * CM.

Also i noticed all of you are using 1.3 for Critical mass, however i thought it was nerfed to 1.2 again, as shown in spellbook.
    Tooltip error, it's still 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by jpirog View Post
    I know that a lot of people have been saying you should be self-buffed crit at/around 33-35%, I'm actually frost right now (like most) and I just have a quick question.

Here's my mage:
    us.battle. net/wow/en/character/area-52/Jprowler/advanced

From doing a sample reforge from AMR, it shows I'll have 29.78% crit, is that before arcane brilliance and armor or is that after?

Will I have enough crit? If it's after both brill and armor, then definitely not?
    I have no idea what AMR is, but your armory takes nothing into account (so add +10% pre Crit-Suppression and CM from Armory)

Also, if you have 22% pre MA and AB on Armory, idk how you only have 29.78% after reforging to crit.

Edit: *Coughs* Oh, it's Mr Robot.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-03-27 at 09:05 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Soo.. If in the AMR shows I have 28% of crit, do I need to multiply by CM? So I'd have around 49% crit of FB, FFB, PB ?? Is this number good to go fire?? I really want to switch as soon it is hit optimal (im 497ilvl atm)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    Soo.. If in the AMR shows I have 28% of crit, do I need to multiply by CM? So I'd have around 49% crit of FB, FFB, PB ?? Is this number good to go fire?? I really want to switch as soon it is hit optimal (im 497ilvl atm)
    Seems pretty low. 28 * 1.3 = 36.4%

AMR = askmrrobot. This is a tool to do gear optimisation that goes beyond just showing the data, because they do some processing on it to get the best setup for your gear (reforging, gems...)

36.4% is low? Around 45% it is okay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    36.4% is low? Around 45% it is okay?
    Its just personal preference to where you feel you aren't just spamming fireball all day long. I found it to start feeling the best when I reached 25% base, 35% with AI+Armor. Putting me at 45.5% (not counting suppression etc.). Currently almost 38% on character sheet w/ flask/food/buff and really can feel it taking of again.