Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    It's hard to have precise numbers to compare Windsong vs Jade Spirit, because WoL doesn't tell you when you got the spirit buff.

From Derevka's disc guide on HowtoPriest.com :
    According to final clarity from Blizzard, Jade Spirit equalized, should provide 396 intellect, and additionally has a 750 spirit proc when you proc the spell under 25% mana. (which results in ~45 spirit equalized, assuming you are under 25% mana for 25% of the fight). This is using the 12 second buff duration, and 50 second ICD and assuming you proc it as soon as it comes off CD.

Windsong is a bit trickier to evaluate since it can provide three possible buffs: 1500 of either Crit, Mastery, or Haste. Each has its own ICD, and multiple buffs can be active on a player at one time. It has a 1PPM, with a 1 sec CD between each individual stat proc. This puts each stat with ~20% uptime, which means the enchant is roughly worth 300 of each Mastery, Crit, and Haste
    By using Windsong, you gain about 900 of a mix of throughput stat, compared to the 396 intel from Jade Spirit. Plus you can count on more regen as you got an average of 300 crit vs 45 spirit (depending on your spell usage I consider 1 spi gives as much regen as 1 to 4 crit, so 300 crit > ). The thing is, you'll never know if Jade Spirit will proc while your under 25% mana or not. And, you could very well spend less than 25% of the fight under 25% mana. Personnaly, I tend to use Mana Tide as soon as possible, and I'm rarely under 25% mana until the last burning phase of the fight, so I might not even need that extra spirit if it comes too late in the fight. So in my opinion Windsong gives you more reliable regen, with about as much throughput as Jade Spirit.

(And this is true no matter how much spirit you have, but I can understand why someone wanting as much spirit as possible could prefer Jade Spirit over Windsong)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Puupi! Grats on moderator, I don't think you were before or were you, I don't remember now, but I just noticed Oo Am I going crazy or what?
    Thanks! You are correct and not going crazy (as far as I know) - I've been a moderator for a couple of days now

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zahia View Post
    It's hard to have precise numbers to compare Windsong vs Jade Spirit, because WoL doesn't tell you when you got the spirit buff.

From Derevka's disc guide on HowtoPriest.com :

By using Windsong, you gain about 900 of a mix of throughput stat, compared to the 396 intel from Jade Spirit. Plus you can count on more regen as you got an average of 300 crit vs 45 spirit (depending on your spell usage I consider 1 spi gives as much regen as 1 to 4 crit, so 300 crit > ). The thing is, you'll never know if Jade Spirit will proc while your under 25% mana or not. And, you could very well spend less than 25% of the fight under 25% mana. Personnaly, I tend to use Mana Tide as soon as possible, and I'm rarely under 25% mana until the last burning phase of the fight, so I might not even need that extra spirit if it comes too late in the fight. So in my opinion Windsong gives you more reliable regen, with about as much throughput as Jade Spirit.

(And this is true no matter how much spirit you have, but I can understand why someone wanting as much spirit as possible could prefer Jade Spirit over Windsong)
    Sounds reasonable. I might give it a try, thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Thanks! You are correct and not going crazy (as far as I know) - I've been a moderator for a couple of days now
    Now what's that supposed to mean? :< I am only getting crazy with all these numbers I'm reading the past few weeks.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Puupi,

I noticed you use ElvUI, but your raid frames seem different than ElvUI's standard -- which is what I use, with some personal tweaks.

Is that Vuhdo? If so, is it difficult to configure the way you have it setup?

(I'd send a PM, but need 10 posts to do so)

Congrats on the H Meg kill.

Edit: I see it is ElvUI upon closer inspection. Quite a few alterations from standard.
    Last edited by Varzik; 2013-03-29 at 10:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varzik View Post
    Puupi,

I noticed you use ElvUI, but your raid frames seem different than ElvUI's standard -- which is what I use, with some personal tweaks.

Is that Vuhdo? If so, is it difficult to configure the way you have it setup?

(I'd send a PM, but need 10 posts to do so)

Congrats on the H Meg kill.

Edit: I see it is ElvUI upon closer inspection. Quite a few alterations from standard.
    Yes it's ElvUI, but I have modified basically all the settings from the default ones. The most important thing to add to the default ElvUI layout is to add the buff indicator and make it show the TurtleBuffs filter list (you can add and remove spells from the TurtleBuffs filter if you want to see/don't want to see something).
    It's very important to know as a healer when your teammates have their defensive cooldowns up.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Yes it's ElvUI, but I have modified basically all the settings from the default ones. The most important thing to add to the default ElvUI layout is to add the buff indicator and make it show the TurtleBuffs filter list (you can add and remove spells from the TurtleBuffs filter if you want to see/don't want to see something).
    It's very important to know as a healer when your teammates have their defensive cooldowns up.
    TurtleBuffs should be enabled in their healer setup by default. I love them. Only one disabled so far is Sacred Shield.
    I also added Volatile Pathogen to the RaidDebuff module. I find blacklisting something from this module is confusing. Choose whitelist and it's checked, choose blacklist and same debuff is also checked. Still haven't found a way to blacklist the Primordius buffs/debuffs as our raid calls out individually if they need a dispel.

Sorry to go OT in this thread, but I need 10 posts to PM.