Dark Amius Strat

I was just thinking about this fight (10 man) and wondering if it would be possible to leave 1 small golem up and after 2 transfusions, kill it next to the massive golem. The small one would be at 2 and the massive would be at 34, which would then put the massive back up to 36, therefor extending the fight by 10 seconds and extending the time to hitting 75 anima on Dark Animus.

Probably more work than it is worth, but just wondering if anyone has tried it or think it would work.

You can do this, but it requires good positioning of the Massive. Do it wrong and you've probably got a Large golem running around for two Siphons. I assume you mean leaving up 1 small inactive, as doing it with a small active would require either good DPS control to have it low already or a very hard switch. Either way, not totally sure if it's worth it unless you're literally hitting enrage by ~10s anyways.

Deleted
    http://www.icy-veins.com/dark-animus...d-strategy-wow

Lists it as a viable strategy, so I don't see why not

Quote Originally Posted by Vixene View Post
    http://www.icy-veins.com/dark-animus...d-strategy-wow

Lists it as a viable strategy, so I don't see why not
    Aww darn, thought I had come up with something new. I guess I should look around more before asking questions :-P

This is probably how Blizzard was intending the fight to be done... but eventually scrapped it for its now "loot pinata" version.

Why do the Large golems even exist? AFAIK no size (25 H, 10 H, 25 N, 10 N) has a strategy that involves activating a Large golem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Why do the Large golems even exist? AFAIK no size (25 H, 10 H, 25 N, 10 N) has a strategy that involves activating a Large golem.
    Probably so you can't just kill your Anima Golem anywhere in the room and have it jump to the desired target.

At times I've wondered if it wouldn't be easier to just kite Crimson Wake a bit instead of dealing with Matter Swap. So many wipes when people learning the fight due to Matter Swap either being dispelled at the wrong time or someone getting swapped and then running their add into a bad place and linking with someone else's.

Of course the worst was our first attempt. "Don't kill your add before you're called," I said. "It'll be a wipe," I said. One minute later, "No wait don't kill – ok wipe it."

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    This is probably how Blizzard was intending the fight to be done... but eventually scrapped it for its now "loot pinata" version.
    thats why you got heroic version which is much harder (than most of the other heroics if not all, except lei shen and ra-den, I guess) and requires insane coordination and perfect play from every person in the raid. Very unforgiving and most of the time 1 mishap is a 99% wipe.
    Last edited by Makarena; 2013-03-26 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    thats why you got heroic version which is much harder (than most of the other heroics if not all, except lei shen and ra-den, I guess) and requires insane coordination and perfect play from every person in the raid. Very unforgiving and most of the time 1 mishap is a 99% wipe.
    Midwinter's main tank dying 3 times on their first Heroic kill is hardly perfect play.

Midwinter's main tank dying 3 times on their first Heroic kill is hardly perfect play.
    From what we saw you can live about 10-15% with 1 tank. After that it's pretty much GG. I think Blood Legions tanks died on their kill as well.

The tanks get absolutely hammered in this fight and there's next to no room for DPS to fail because if they die you don't have reses for the tanks and if you don't have your DPS you'll hit enrage. We killed it exactly at enrage with maybe a couple of seconds left before he blew us up.

The execution check is very tight despite being able to fumble through the last 15% with 1 tank.

Is the enrage timer that tight to not bring a 3rd tank even with vengeance dps?

There's a finite amount of vengeance to go around for the fight - it doesn't matter too much if it's spread across three tanks or concentrated on one, they'll still do roughly the same combined total. Contrary to encounter designer statements, you pretty much need three tanks for heroic 25 dark animus. So when two of our tanks died, we didn't really lose that much dps.

The enrage is quite unforgiving. I think our average dps was around 145k over 3 tanks and 16 dps and we killed it about eight seconds into FULL POWER. And to be fair, the 100% no mistake part is actually true for the first 3 minutes or so - if anything in the machinery goes wrong, it's a wipe. Once you've got everything set up and it's just down to the boss and two massives though, the second half of the fight is a glorified patchwerk where some mistakes are allowable.