Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Weapon Skins!

We've got some new skins to look at! Only weapons, no new armour from these vendors sadly ;c.

Sadly it's a bit more of a gamble than any other skin.., black lion chests aren't known to be very friendly (to me at least ;D).

New Guild Skins! Some really nice ones (I love the shield) and not really a theme we've seen before .

The Super Skins will be added soon too! 1st of April, speculation is we'll grab them from the Super Adventure Box .

How do you like the skins? It's a tad more choice of the fiery theme.., are you waiting for a specific theme? I'd love more ornamental weapon skins, something that really looks pretty. The guild ones fit pretty well, but some of them look strange / too small (sword looks cut in half imo D: ). Then the super skins just look awesome! ;D
    Last edited by KelaniScar; 2013-03-31 at 04:04 PM.

I love those skins. The Longbow especially looks really neat. Too bad I can't equip one of them. If I'm lucky enough I plan to get myself the Hammer or maybe the Sword!

I just noticed that these skin was added, and i gotta admit that I'm going to buy a couple of key and get myself at least the longbow because the look on that is like super awesome :-)
    The Greatsword imho is far sexier that the Citadel of Flame one...

While they are nicer looking than the current fire-themed weapons in the game I still feel like this is a theme that's already been done. Twice, in fact, with both CoF and Destroyer weapons as I recall. It's too bad the coupons are account bound because I'd probably prefer to sell if I got one.

Unfortunately, I think all the "really pretty" art design went toward the legendaries. The new guild weapons are fairly bland too.

Is there a reason why they made these account bound? Aside from the fact that it will make people spend inordinate sums of real money to buy gems to try to obtain the one they want? Oh......

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the new guild weapons. The Tower Shield in particular is very impressive:

http://dulfy.net/2013/03/26/gw2-guil...eapon-gallery/

Sucks that these pics are such poor quality, I really like the dynamic reflective qualities of the shield. Would love to see an army in WvW wielding these!
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I really like the new guild weapons. The Tower Shield in particular is very impressive:

http://dulfy.net/2013/03/26/gw2-guil...eapon-gallery/

Sucks that these pics are such poor quality, I really like the dynamic reflective qualities of the shield. Would love to see an army in WvW wielding these!
    I think the shield and GS are nice, but the rest aren't really big enough or have enough surface for you to really understand the reflectiveness. Also, for how much they cost regarding Commendations...IDK, just doesn't seem worth it for an OK skin when you can get much more useful or cooler stuff (IMO, of course).

And that regular sword...sigh. It really looks like they cut it in half. I don't like that design at all

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Is there a reason why they made these account bound? Aside from the fact that it will make people spend inordinate sums of real money to buy gems to try to obtain the one they want? Oh......
    There is no reason other then they want people to buy keys.

I like the guild staff, but that's about it and only because it has a dangling chain. I like weapon skins that have some sort of movement to them besides just particle effects. The "super" staff is nice too with the animated bird at the end. I really wish they'd make more things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I like the guild staff, but that's about it and only because it has a dangling chain. I like weapon skins that have some sort of movement to them besides just particle effects. The "super" staff is nice too with the animated bird at the end. I really wish they'd make more things like that.
    Yeah they really need more equal ground for quality items. I mean look at the dungeon items. HotW is a level 80 dungeon, and the weapons and armor skins are...well, underwhelming. Then you have AC, the first dungeon, where the weapons glow at night and just look solid during the day. Their philosophy on spreading the love went wrong somewhere, sadly.

The Super Greatsword and Shield and most other stuff looks really good. It's flashy and has a cool particle effect, and fits an 8-but/Asura theme so well. I wish all of their stuff was quality like this, at least if it was of equal quality or difficulty to get, so it'd be hard to choose. They do well with some MF exotics, but fall short with dungeon exotics and other places.

To this day I still think stuff like the Glyphic set (you can find them at low levels) and such are so cool.

Yeah, the Glyphic weapons are some of the best looking in the game, IMO.

I could do without particle effects. My two favorite weapon skins of the super set are the staff and the scepter because they're animated.

It seems like whenever there are really good weapon skins they put them in the BLC (Halloween skins, fused skins) and if they look like shit they put them directly for sale (Christmas skins). Now the golden ticket is account bound which means I don't have an alternative but to gamble if I want the skin :/

10+ Year Old Account
    How come the staff skins always suck?!
    Arukas

Quote Originally Posted by arukas View Post
    How come the staff skins always suck?!
    I don't know. There was actually a thread about that on the official forums. I'm used to WoW's elaborate, almost ridiculously over-the-top staff design so almost everything in GW2 looks comparatively boring. It seems like most of their "cool" design focus goes into greatswords. I'm especially disappointed in the off-hands. A lot of the exotic off-hands have better models than the skin sets they release.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I don't know. There was actually a thread about that on the official forums. I'm used to WoW's elaborate, almost ridiculously over-the-top staff design so almost everything in GW2 looks comparatively boring. It seems like most of their "cool" design focus goes into greatswords. I'm especially disappointed in the off-hands. A lot of the exotic off-hands have better models than the skin sets they release.
    There are a lot of cool staves, IMO. Go to the PVP locker and preview them. Even the basic one is cool, it's like Gandalf's staff. In terms of warhorns/foci/smaller stuff, it's hard to make them stand out but they do a decent job. If you're looking for really good skins, you'll have to usually hit up to MF and spend lots of money/karma for stuff like The Anomaly and what not.

IMO they really could have cut out Underwater-only weapons and just altered skills of weapon sets and have players keep their current sets on/visible. That way the time dedicated to those (there are some cool looking underwaters) could have been directed toward the skill altercations and new skins. But eh, that's just me. Underwater stuff has been underwhelming, though has so much potential. I still don't understand the underwater weapon route, whereby most weapon skills would have been perfectly fine or easy to alter a bit. Oh well...

When they added previewing to the TP I saw quite a few exotic foci I liked. I don't remember the names, but there were things like chains and a ship in a bottle.

I've previewed all the staves. None of them really stood out except for the Halloween one, The Crossing, I think it is. I even find the legendary staff (Bifrost?) lackluster. >_<

Final Rest is kind of cool. And I actually like Bifrost. Most of the staffs are pretty mundane in appearance though, I agree.

The only thing I remember about Bifrost is that it looked like the Rainbow Road race track from Mario Kart was circling around the top of it. :P

LOL, I like the effect.

the Corrupted staff also looks quite nice, as does the Destroyern one. The one from AC is not bad either in my opinion. Can't remember any other good looking staffs sadly..