Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Two simple ideas for pvp gear in 5.3

    1) Pvp gear should have some type of progression. So maybe a cool idea would be for the elite pvp gear to have a metric ton of sockets! It would make it better than PvE gear then.

    2) Fix the tank spec issue in a simple manner that would be awesome (imo) for tanks. Allow vengeance back in pvp but cap it severely low. Then let pvp power increase the amount of vengeance a tank can gather. That would make pvp power a great stat for tanks.

  2. #2
    1) it is already better than pve gear.

    2) rbg tansk dont give a shit about damage, only survival.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    1) it is already better than pve gear.

    2) rbg tansk dont give a shit about damage, only survival.
    It is not better than PvE Gear. Secondary Stats top them easily.

    Tanks should not be a PvP spec. Simply no.


    Removing Resilience from gear is awesome. With PVP Power you still have a progression. But as a newer PVP player you wont get hurt that hard.

    The changes are awesome for PvP. No Fix needed.

  4. #4
    1) It is not better than pve gear for tanks who can get pve gear with tons of sockets.

    2) High AP is all about tank survival. It powers up their selfhealing significantly. Also, it would make for a fun playstyle and give tanks more function than fc.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    It is not better than PvE Gear. Secondary Stats top them easily.

    Tanks should not be a PvP spec. Simply no.


    Removing Resilience from gear is awesome. With PVP Power you still have a progression. But as a newer PVP player you wont get hurt that hard.

    The changes are awesome for PvP. No Fix needed.
    why should it not be a pvp spec? works great to defend notes/flags. i agree it should not be a dps pvp spec. but someting in the line of pvp power also increase our def skills would be lovely. it might bring prot pala back as efc

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    It is not better than PvE Gear. Secondary Stats top them easily.

    Tanks should not be a PvP spec. Simply no.


    Removing Resilience from gear is awesome. With PVP Power you still have a progression. But as a newer PVP player you wont get hurt that hard.

    The changes are awesome for PvP. No Fix needed.
    Do you know that pvp gear has the exact same secondary stats as the pve gear in the same ilvl?

  7. #7
    Yes but some of the itemization will be wasted for most tanks (not everyone has good uses for both haste and crit) and best pve gear tends to have more gem slots. so pve tank gear gemed and enchanted with resilience will be more effective than pvp gear even scaled down due to less wasted itemization and more chance to stack resi.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    Do you know that pvp gear has the exact same secondary stats as the pve gear in the same ilvl?
    /edit thought you where talking about wpvp my bad.
    Last edited by loki504; 2013-03-26 at 12:42 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    and you know pvp geat is capped at 496 while pve gear can be 541. on some pieces thats 1k of stam/str/haste/crit. thats alot to overcome with just pvp power.
    you do realize that the items from PVE get scaled down to 496 also? Learn to fricken read for christs sake. Also they are aware of the tank pve'ing for top end gear and are going to make it so PVP gear is wanted still.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    you do realize that the items from PVE get scaled down to 496 also? Learn to fricken read for christs sake. Also they are aware of the tank pve'ing for top end gear and are going to make it so PVP gear is wanted still.
    i alrdy edited. and i thought it was one of the people whining about pve getting better at world pvp. just relax man. that you didn't suffer from a heart attack...

  11. #11
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Emerald City
    Posts
    18,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    1) Pvp gear should have some type of progression. So maybe a cool idea would be for the elite pvp gear to have a metric ton of sockets! It would make it better than PvE gear then.
    No, all this does is increase the amount of effort required for entry-level PvP, reduces PvP to who has the better gear rather than skill, and creates a barrier for those who didn't start early in the season or expansion.

    2) Fix the tank spec issue in a simple manner that would be awesome (imo) for tanks. Allow vengeance back in pvp but cap it severely low. Then let pvp power increase the amount of vengeance a tank can gather. That would make pvp power a great stat for tanks.
    As said, tanks are not there to deal damage. Quite frankly healers shouldn't be able to in PvP either.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  12. #12
    Easiest would be to disable tank stats in pvp, excluding mastery maybe.

    They could possibly also change sockets on pvp items into pvp yellow, pvp red, pvp blue, and solve all problems.
    Last edited by koaxialus; 2013-03-26 at 04:01 PM.

  13. #13
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    1) Pvp gear should have some type of progression. So maybe a cool idea would be for the elite pvp gear to have a metric ton of sockets! It would make it better than PvE gear then.
    The whole point of the changes is to make PvP less balanced around gear and more about class / skill. Adding more sockets to just the elite gear is doing exactly the opposite of what they are trying to do now :/

    Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    Easiest would be to disable tank stats in pvp, excluding mastery maybe.
    What would be the point of that? Tanks can't dodge, parry and block from behind, nor can they stop spells that easily.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    1) it is already better than pve gear.

    2) rbg tansk dont give a shit about damage, only survival.
    Ur right they dont give a shit about damage, only survival. But u do realize(apparently u dont), half a tanks survival is based off of vengance(ap) stacking?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    Ur right they dont give a shit about damage, only survival. But u do realize(apparently u dont), half a tanks survival is based off of vengance(ap) stacking?
    In RBG's, at least, Half a tank's survival is based on capturing objectives with help of a pocket healer.

    Tank damage is irrelevant, and vengeance hasn't worked in PVP for a very long time. (As of 4.3)

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    In RBG's, at least, Half a tank's survival is based on capturing objectives with help of a pocket healer.

    Tank damage is irrelevant, and vengeance hasn't worked in PVP for a very long time. (As of 4.3)
    Ya and the other half is based on survival, which is what im saying, we know damage is irrevelent, but damage isnt the reason tanks would like some form of vengance back, we want it back befause it would help with survival and help make some tanks more viable( ie prot pally)

    Ibviously it hasnt worked for a while, thats y hes saying bring a form of it back somehow, i thought that much was obvious i dont understand y u state it hasnt worked, which is half the point of this thread

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    1) Pvp gear should have some type of progression. So maybe a cool idea would be for the elite pvp gear to have a metric ton of sockets! It would make it better than PvE gear then.

    2) Fix the tank spec issue in a simple manner that would be awesome (imo) for tanks. Allow vengeance back in pvp but cap it severely low. Then let pvp power increase the amount of vengeance a tank can gather. That would make pvp power a great stat for tanks.
    1. pvp power is the progression. im sure every new season they'll just raise the number needed to reach each % like they do with hit rating in pve.

    2. vengeance should never come back in pvp. if a tank wants to do some dps, let pvp power take care of it, not vengeance.

  18. #18
    Pit Lord Doktor Faustus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK of Earth World & Northern Fat Land
    Posts
    2,418
    Ban healers from PvP.

    Would make it amusing.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    1. pvp power is the progression. im sure every new season they'll just raise the number needed to reach each % like they do with hit rating in pve.

    2. vengeance should never come back in pvp. if a tank wants to do some dps, let pvp power take care of it, not vengeance.
    I love how people read the OP and dont pay attention to anything else, tanks want vengance for its scaling on survivability cds( shield barrier, sacred shield etc) not for straight damage(well, high rated tanks want it for survivability, cant speak for low rated tanks, maybe they do just want to roll face)

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    I love how people read the OP and dont pay attention to anything else, tanks want vengance for its scaling on survivability cds( shield barrier, sacred shield etc) not for straight damage(well, high rated tanks want it for survivability, cant speak for low rated tanks, maybe they do just want to roll face)
    Ohhh Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •