Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When is the ToT nerf?

My guild is progressing nicely through ToT atm and we expect to be at least through normals by 5.3. Someone told me that they're putting in the nerf in 4.3, which kinda pissed us all off since we wanted to do as much as we could before the nerf. I have yet to find the place where this guy said he saw this so I'm not sure if he was right. Have they said when ToT will be nerfed yet?
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2013-03-26 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could look on spell changes for FIVE point three, but there probably won't be any until the next tier.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have adjusted the fights a few times since release, which is probably what your buddy was referring to.

Generally, Blizzard is shying away from nerfs to fights that arnt' actually needed until the following raid tier now.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

They will keep "adjusting" the fights until they believe the correct level of player can kill them. But as for the true % "nerf" like they did to the T14 raids (and previous tiers), won't likely come until they release T16 or whatever comes with patch 5.4.

the "nerf" will only be in the way you can upgrade your gear, so if you dont get loot you can still upgrade items.

they even said that in some blue some time ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    There shouldn't be a nerf until the next dungeon which would be Tier 16. Once that new dungeon is released they will place a buff and remove the normal/heroic achievements. Remember they added the "Cutting Edge" and "Ahead of the Curve" achievements to indicate you cleared it prior to the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    You could look on spell changes for FIVE point three, but there probably won't be any until the next tier.
    nitpick more...

I looked at the patch notes and didn't see anything... just wanted to make sure.

Deleted
    I don't think they will nerf until 5.4. You get ilvl upgrades in 5.3 though

Deleted
    Valor upgrades coming back at 1/3rd the cost will be a HUGE boost to all your gear. If you start 5.3 capped, and you do another 1k valors during 1st reset, you'll be able to upgrade 8 pieces of gear by 8 ilvls. So basically anything with high amount of stats (chest/legs/head), weapon(s) and trinkets, and some leftover items you got.

They probably won't nerf it until 5.4, as they did with the 5.0 raids which probably wasn't really necessary. The 'nerf' in 5.3 will most likely come as re-introducing the upgrade system and making it considerably cheaper to do so, at that...so they are buffing the players instead of nerfing the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Item upgrades are the methodology of nerfing a tier without directly providing a zonewide buff or nerf.

there are already feats of strength for defeating lei shen before 5.4, means nerfs will come then as well

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Item upgrades are the methodology of nerfing a tier without directly providing a zonewide buff or nerf.
    Their primary reason for existing is to keep you playing every day, the fact that they slowly nerf content is a bonus.

Deleted
    There will be no nerfs to raids in Mists, all they are doing is put a blanket 10% debuff (can be deactivated) on the content once the next tier starts. Don't expect the debuff to grow to 20% over time, it won't.

Oondasta was the only exception.

Deleted
    When it comes to consequences, item upgrades which will become available again in 5.3 are very same to raid nerfs.. Every week a little easier..

as others said, there will be no nerf as long as its current. VP upgrades are the new "nerf" to help raiders who are stuck.

yes i agree to a certain extent

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 10:21 PM ----------

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 10:22 PM ----------

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ysoph View Post
    When it comes to consequences, item upgrades which will become available again in 5.3 are very same to raid nerfs.. Every week a little easier..
    Yeh totaly agree on that but even with that they probably will do some tuning down in a month or 2 months like they did on Elegon eventually even thou gear upgrades were there when they see to many guidls being stuck somewhere anyway .

Deleted
    It should come in 5.3 otherwise the FoS doesn't make sense. The one for Tier 14 content states you killed the bosses before the zone wide nerf buff, but the buff wasn't in place until the FoS was no longer obtainable (because it had to be done before ToT).

The nerf should be about 2 months after it's release, stacking up each month until the next tier. Would make the FoS more relevant and would help those struggling.

ToT nerf is called iten upgrades, its the most genious thing ever, blizz gets to nerf the raids like they always did and no elitist player comes crying about "you nerfing it, its eazy mode now, ppl will kill the same boss I killed". The classical % nerf wont happen tough (most likely) not until the enxt raid tier is released at least.