Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    It's way to early to say anything but that these characters will be on 5.3.

Zaela can even be on a situation that she is forced to subdue the proto-drake or else it's everyone's death if gets free.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 10:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Honestly, what was the point of there development and growing attached to them if we just now kill them, they didn't even seem like asshats like Garrosh.
    Game of Thrones works just fine with that premise.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awww what!? I loved Rico!!!

Nazgrim was always going to be on Garrosh's side, he is a general. All his promotions will have been secured by Garrosh and Nazgrim has had no problems carrying out his orders.

I hope Zaela doesn't die. How funny would it be if she was carrying Garrosh's babies? The kid grows up only knowing what other characters say about his father being super evil. He'll grow up exactly like Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    I hope Zaela doesn't die. How funny would it be if she was carrying Garrosh's babies? The kid grows up only knowing what other characters say about his father being super evil. He'll grow up exactly like Garrosh.
    not if they do it like this:

garrosh's kid - uncle thrall, tell me stories about my father!
    thrall - well, kid. your father was the greatest of the orc heroes. he was fair, and kind, and he'd never blow people up with nukes or anything like that. one day he choked on a pretzel and died. now go to sleep, kid.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Game of Thrones works just fine with that premise.
    Game of Thrones is a little different. Death works just as well as a catalyst of story telling as life does. You must remember, this is a relative new medium of fiction. George R. R. Martin planned 7 books to tell a story (don't quote me on that), Blizzard still doesn't know the longevity of the game, trends can change and the risk of starting long story arcs may not be as well worth while. I firmly believe that blizzard are getting better at telling a story, I just don't think they have their heads around it yet. They have a hard task of trying to please more then one demographic. Imagine the outcry in the modern day gaming community if Blizzard killed off a Ned Stark, just look at the our cry about Ji Firepaw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    we will not kill riko.

riko will side with kiryn.

kiryn will side with the forsaken.

the forsaken will side against the meathead who called their banshee queen a bitch.

it's as simple as third grade math.
    that does make a lot of sence

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I dunno why people like Nazgrim so much, it was nice to see a familiar face but he never had much in the way of personality.
    Nazgrim was one hell of a Badass in Vashj'ir.

And his obsession with Thrall's Bodypart is kinda funny as well.

"Thrall's balls! They're everywhere..."

"By Thrall's bloodiest fist"

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Nazgrim was always going to be on Garrosh's side, he is a general. All his promotions will have been secured by Garrosh and Nazgrim has had no problems carrying out his orders.
    Nazgrim Appeared in the first place loyal to his duty and never committed any crimes, he pretty much represents those guys that are willing to fight the Alliance with Honor at least.

After all, Baine seemed to trust Nazgrim.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:A_Gathering_Storm

"If General Nazgrim sent you, then I trust you are capable of discretion."
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-03-27 at 01:02 PM.

Deleted
    you know what would be weird:

Zaela is pregnant of Garrosh's child
    Garrosh gets imprisoned/banned to outlands/killed?
    Garrosh will have a daughter
    Zaela and child hide on azeroth (?)
    Thrall has a son
    Son and daughter become rivals
    Rivalry will end up worse (someone gets killed) or good (peace or even a relationship)

i really really want a dragonmaw hellscream. it'd be the coolest damn thing ever imo. i'm really scared of what might happen with zaela, but looks like that dark shaman is watching over her. the way the shaman is by her, instead of with the other soldiers makes me think he's there to make her work. maybe i'm just being hopeful though... oh well, whatever happens will happen. nothing i can do to change it.

riko ain't going bad, that's pretty much a given. and i don't care much about nazgrim, i didn't even remember him from cata when i got on the zep to jade forest :/

We won't kill all these people, we just can't. Who is going to make up the horde Generals and forces if we kill all of them? They wont leave the Alliance Obviously superior. Also i mean who is going to replace Nazgrim? I mean we have dealt with Nazgrim and gained alot of love for that character, Blizz won't destroy the Horde through this.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

There's still no way Nazgrim is going to die, let alone Riko/those other friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    There's still no way Nazgrim is going to die, let alone Riko/those other friends.
    Riko is my homedog, i can't kill that bro. Plus what a weak boss fight would he be.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

I wouldn't be so quick to write off Zaela, Riko, and Nazgrim for a couple of reasons.

The first is that the questing area is still very much under development, Kosak even indicated it's being moved to a different zone, a lot could change in the transition. The second is that we don't know the context of why we are spying on them. It could be that Vol'jin is trying to figure out which generals are truly supporting Garrosh and which ones could potentially defect.

It's possible that one, two, or even all three will end up coming over to the side of the rebellion before it's all said and done.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Pfff, wasted characters. Nazgrim could have been part of the revolution, after all we went though in pandaria, cata and wrath together, just for him to be abother garrosh tool.
    Zaela also seemed to have potential, seemed like she would drive the dragonmaw in a better direction, but just another tool.
    Rico.. has always been a tool. Poop flinging monkey, but again, could have been so much better.

Honestly, what was the point of there development and growing attached to them if we just now kill them
    I'd say the same about Hellscream. What's the point of his development and growing attached to him if we throw him in the trashcan?
    If this is truly the end for him, it only managed to stain the Hellscream name, a character that many people loved in Warcraft 3 for his sacrifice.

I think it's quite insulting to the fanbase actually. A character that many loved and would want to see make some kind of comeback, comes back in the form of his son... only to have him taint the name and screw over the fans. And for what? So MoP could have a main villain, that's why.

https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/316686698086019072 this tweet that was linked earlier makes me think that zaela might not be down with what garrosh is doing. i'm still not gonna get my hopes up though.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Calling it now. Every named Orc NPC (and probably most others, too) in Domination Point and Valley of Spirits as of 5.3 dies in 5.4.

Thanks for making the thread, glad someone isn't second guessing the truth because they think Blizz is M. Night Shymalon.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    If Blizzard tosses Nazgrim aside and makes us kill him then that will be a huge, huge waste and a big blunder on their part.

There have been so many hints throughout the expansion that Nazgrim's not just a guy that they're going to throw aside and have us kill. He's been around for three expansions now as a questgiver, and Baine Bloodhoof said that he was very trustworthy in 5.1.
    Nazgrim and his whole group is basically the Horde version of Taylor and his group, so yeah, I just can't imagine that after all of their interaction with the Horde players (Just like Taylor and his group for the Alliance) they would just make them cannon fodder players kill in SoO. Sure, it would make them more relevant of a boss than just "Random Orc Minion #476", but would seem pretty shitty.

it would be very shitty. i hate it when people make me like a villain... i hate it. it's like guren and yukimaru in naruto.... god that whole fucking bit was nothing but an emotional roller coaster T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    My hope is that Saurfang does the final blow. He made a promise.
    As much as I want Saurfang to fulfill his promise to garrosh. Vol'jin did say that it would be his arrow that pierced his black heart.
    Garrosh death scene should go like this
    "Saurfang comes in to get the killing blow, as garrosh finishes whatever he will say after he is defeated Vol'jin domes him off with an arrow" That, would make my day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I would love if during SOO rico ooked varian's dooker to death. While anduin was watching. At the end alliance need some losses too or they will feel unwanted. As they always do.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    As much as I want Saurfang to fulfill his promise to garrosh. Vol'jin did say that it would be his arrow that pierced his black heart.
    Garrosh death scene should go like this
    "Saurfang comes in to get the killing blow, as garrosh finishes whatever he will say after he is defeated Vol'jin domes him off with an arrow" That, would make my day.
    Saurfang cleaves Garrosh into Vaol'jin's arrow?