Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    That hotfix was already in for US servers yesterday when the patch went live. The cast time increase is still not enough because you can easily attain enough haste with meta/lust to push their cast below 1.5 seconds and cause them to bug out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    That hotfix was already in for US servers yesterday when the patch went live. The cast time increase is still not enough because you can easily attain enough haste with meta/lust to push their cast below 1.5 seconds and cause them to bug out.
    Yeah unfortunately it doesn't look good for FoN. I stuck with Incarnation last night and didn't miss having to time FoN with my meta not being up and hoping it doesn't proc during their uptime. Regardless, the hotfix they put in made it so they don't benefit as negatively as before, but there's still a marked difference. Should still be a competitive talent even without the proper haste scaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Incarnation is still better?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Till they fix them i would say yes, especially if you run with 10k+ haste + Meta. They just randomly go mental. It is still a fun talent though, and on farm you might wanna give it a try, just to see the faces on your fellow raiders hehe. And it is, like Slippy said quite competitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    It's not completely clear-cut. With the change, FoN does around 13.5k DPS (in heroic BiS gear) whereas Incarnation does 6.8k, so FoN is roughly double the DPS. This is assuming your trees cast on average 8.47 wraths each, which is screwed up with the Sinister Primal Diamond. We'll need to test them out more and see how many casts on average they do when the meta is active, then apply that as a scaling factor on their DPS.

For the moment it's up to the player, but with the meta I'd prefer to stick with Incarnation than have a talent that has volatile DPS currently.

This is the clear choice on mostly/pure single target fights. I don't understand the problems ppl have been having with not attacking b/c I cannot replicate after the hotfix. With >90% haste (ng and meta) they immediately attack my target regardless of if im moving or not and have 1.3 second wrath cast times.

I wish they would benefit from eclipse though.
    Last edited by Aboubacar; 2013-05-22 at 05:46 PM.

I really like them tbh, really plays fluently! The day it REALLY works I'll instantly spec into FoN for my 0815 build.

Deleted
    I'm finding my numbers are better, but there are moments when the Treants appear to be doing their own thing, so this is worrying. The bug for Resto is pretty funny though, tanked most of Iron Qon today in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are you guys working the treants into your rotation? I wasn't sure, but since they are off the GCD I just macro'd them into MF, SF, SS, Wrath and SF. Should we be using them on CD like this? or something more deliberate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foogazi View Post
    How are you guys working the treants into your rotation? I wasn't sure, but since they are off the GCD I just macro'd them into MF, SF, SS, Wrath and SF. Should we be using them on CD like this? or something more deliberate?
    You should be dumping them the moment you enter eclipse to maximise NG uptime on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    You should be dumping them the moment you enter eclipse to maximise NG uptime on them.
    Awesome ty

Deleted
    My personal feeling: bind them into your starfire/wrath castsequence macro with synapse springs/berserk etc and enjoy your dmg bump. Today is a good day :-)

So... PvE wise do we use this or Incarnation??

Did some tests when I got home from work and found that the fix actually did something based on target dummies;

**This was done from a haste capped boomkin**
    Non-movement; Meta+NG 10-11 casts
    Non-movement; Meta 9.xxx casts
    Non-movement; NG 8 casts

Movement; Meta+NG 10-11 casts
    Movement; Meta 9.xxx casts
    Movement; NG 8 casts

It appears that they are working as we hoped for.

Use whatever you want. Both talents are a dps increase, and at the current moment we don't know how big of a bump FoN is, since they are being wonky. I wasn't feeling too comfortable with FoN because my burst is drastically reduced, atleast compared to the Inc burst. I'll certainly be giving them one hell of a test run on Lei-Shen tonight.

(Posted my Slippykins on a closed thread)
    "They would still be better on Jin'rokh providing they cast the average amount of wraths as they should (8-9 each). Lower than that and we get into iffy territory. They would also need to benefit from the pool, which I believe at some point they didn't."

Responding to this from the Thread you closed, Slippy. There was some talk that Guardian pets don't receive the buff from the puddle on Jin'Rokh, and that our FoN adds are classified as Guardians.
    Last edited by Minituk; 2013-05-22 at 07:45 PM.
    Minituk Raider in TF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minituk View Post
    Use whatever you want. Both talents are a dps increase, and at the current moment we don't know how big of a bump FoN is, since they are being wonky. I wasn't feeling too comfortable with FoN because my burst is drastically reduced, atleast compared to the Inc burst. I'll certainly be giving them one hell of a test run on Lei-Shen tonight.

(Posted my Slippykins on a closed thread)
    "They would still be better on Jin'rokh providing they cast the average amount of wraths as they should (8-9 each). Lower than that and we get into iffy territory. They would also need to benefit from the pool, which I believe at some point they didn't."

Responding to this from the Thread you closed, Slippy. There was some talk that Guardian pets don't receive the buff from the puddle on Jin'Rokh, and that our FoN adds are classified as Guardians.
    Yeah that'll be a little disappointing if they don't. From what I can see with FoN today - they're casting up to 11 spells, and have problems switching targets. Pretty much means they should be acting the way they were originally intended, but I'll need to test more on the dummies (was testing on Barrens mobs). Looking like what Phoon was getting.

Since they have insane problems switching targets, multi-target fights where your target dies quickly will be an issue, so they'll probably only be useful on single-target like we thought, and actually negatively scaling with targets.

Will have to see in LFR if the Treants get the damage increase from Jin'rokh's pools now. I think WoL doesn't correctly show the pool still.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoon View Post
    Did some tests when I got home from work and found that the fix actually did something based on target dummies;

Non-movement; Meta+NG 10-11 casts
    Non-movement; Meta 9.xxx casts
    Non-movement; NG 8 casts

Movement; Meta+NG 10-11 casts
    Movement; Meta 9.xxx casts
    Movement; NG 8 casts

It appears that they are working as we hoped for.
    EU? I tested this one two US servers after the rolling restarts this morning and they were still broken.

Seems like they are fixed got 34 casts on hero meta ng etc.

started to play with it slightly, around 9casts with NG +Meta
    around 10,431 haste
    noticed that they switched targets to what i was attacking, even if i had them start on something else
    *Usually after a cast or two*

Hmmm out of curiousity if CA is near being off cd would it be worth saving 3x again?

or just after pull continuously just poplwhen ng is up in each eclipse?