1. #1

    BIS trinkets for fury warrior

    Anyone know the current ranking for the 5 dps trinket as shown below? Which 2 of them are BIS?

    Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun
    Spark of Zandalar
    Primordius' Talisman of Rage
    Gaze of the Twins
    Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Shamelessly stolen from Colisions post on the on the Official forums.

    1: H Fabled Feathers of Ji-kun (0.9k above #2)
    2: H Gaze of the Twins
    3: N Fabled Feathers of Ji-kun
    4: H Primordius's rage
    5: N Gaze of the Twins
    6: N Primordius's Rage
    7: H Spark of Zandalar
    8: H Lei Shen's Final Orders 2/2
    9: Brutal Talisman of the Shado-pan - Only if you can handle the expertise.
    10: LFR Fabled Feathers of Ji-kun
    11: N Spark of Zandalar
    12: H Lei Shen's Final Orders 0/2 (And 1/2)

  4. #4
    High Overlord Roseby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ooking in the Dook
    Posts
    145
    Still highly relevant

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,986
    Basically alphabetical order for normal mode. Feather->Gaze->Rage->Spark.

  6. #6
    Why is Fabled Feathers of Ji-kun better than Primordius's Rage ? As long as your hit capped, primordius is better or is the feather proc just that good ?

  7. #7
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    342
    The feather procc is just that good. At least when you can stack it with cds. Afaik its even worth delaying your cds for them proccs to get more benefit. Im not sure tho since i havent bothered checking myself, since i dont have that trinket...

  8. #8
    i use the prim rage one atm and it struggles to get to 5 stacks very often for max effect

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,986
    Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    The feather procc is just that good. At least when you can stack it with cds. Afaik its even worth delaying your cds for them proccs to get more benefit. Im not sure tho since i havent bothered checking myself, since i dont have that trinket...
    You don't normally change your rotation at all, except if it procs at the very start of the fight.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 02:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbaned View Post
    i use the prim rage one atm and it struggles to get to 5 stacks very often for max effect
    It doesn't need to get to 5 stacks to be good. It has excellent base stats and an average uptime of around 57%.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    It doesn't need to get to 5 stacks to be good. It has excellent base stats and an average uptime of around 57%.
    30% uptime of 1505x10/2= .3*7525= 2508.3 strength average. (feather)
    55% uptime of 1736x2.5= .55*4340= 2387 strength average. (talisman)
    Yes, better base stats, but if you can use that hit on the feather, you aren't losing too much stats (1% ish crit for 120 strength on average) but then you have to take into account that Feathers is better for burst (what Fury thrives on) compared to a static strength. I don't know, lots of shit to account for.

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    30% uptime of 1505x10/2= .3*7525= 2508.3 strength average. (feather)
    55% uptime of 1736x2.5= .55*4340= 2387 strength average. (talisman)
    Yes, better base stats, but if you can use that hit on the feather, you aren't losing too much stats (1% ish crit for 120 strength on average) but then you have to take into account that Feathers is better for burst (what Fury thrives on) compared to a static strength. I don't know, lots of shit to account for.
    Oh ya, I'mnot saying its better than feather. I'm just saying don't discount it simply because it doesn't stack to 5 all the time.

  12. #12
    Definitely. If you got for 4 set, you'll have a lot of hit, and I def don't find feather worth it, but if you sit just 2 set with 3 crit offpieces, feather seems to be amazing. Depends on what you got/who needs gear more/loot system/etc.

  13. #13
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    523
    Have to say that when I got my normal feather trinker with bonus roll (only roll to give loot so far btw, used all 3 rolls every week) at start I hated it. However I've gotten to love it when RNG favours you. Sometimes it doesn't proc that often, but I've had cases where it's up every minute on the burst window or when it procs three times a row in execute phase, it really makes up for it.

    So it seems I have "BIS normal trinkets" for my fury spec. Too bad that I still haven't seen a single weapon drop, or even that much of crit gear... Just have used my valor points on every ilvl I could get on until my luck changes for the better. It really limits my dps to around 120k in bosses (My char sims around 127k atm).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •