10+ Year Old Account

Mist of Pandaria Spoilers?

I haven't played MoP and I won't. I will give the next expansion a shot and if they fail I will cry myself to sleep while thinking of Warcraft IV being our saviour if it ever comes.

Now to business! I've heard stuff about MoP building up to a Burning Legion expansion and that makes me moist.... but I require spoilers and everything there is to know about Burning Legion / Old gods / Azshara, Naga that is in MoP..Does anyone know how I can obtain this? Also is Garrosh corrupted by legion / old gods or any of those shitty Sha of shits?

A quick summary would do me good too, if anyone got the time
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day...

There is nothing yet in this expansion to substantiate any of those rumors.

www.wowpedia.org

Do a search and start reading.

but I require spoilers and everything there is to know about Burning Legion / Old gods / Azshara, Naga that is in MoP
    Wrathion referenced an imminent Burning Legion invasion during the first stage of the legendary questline. Garrosh has become corrupted by the lust for power at the cost of his supporters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    www.wowpedia.org

Do a search and start reading.
    Oh I've done my fair share of readin, and me searching through quests wont give me all the information if that is what you want me to do
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

"Hint" is the operative word here. Really nothing has happened from a Burning Legion point of view other than Wrathion mentioning that they still exist. Which obviously we knew.

Garrosh was corrupted by a Sha or something... we don't know for sure yet. And the seven Sha are the seven heads of a dead Old God. The Mantid were his servants and they await the return of their masters.

Also spoiler: Pandaria and its lore are actually really cool and you're missing out
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

If you're not going to take the time to try it (it's really good), why should we take the time to tell you? Nah I'm j/k (kind of).

OT: There have been some hints of the next expansion being the Burning Legion (sadly) and those hints mostly come from Wrathion. You'll remember him from the end of Cataclysm (if you were a rogue, or had youtube). http://www.wowpedia.org/Wrathion#Mists_of_Pandaria
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Wrathion referenced an imminent Burning Legion invasion during the first stage of the legendary questline. Garrosh has become corrupted by the lust for power at the cost of his supporters.
    Basically the only thing that I believe that has mentioned the Legion at all as for Naga or Old gods.........There is mention of the old gods but it's gonna be wrapped up by the time mist is done.However there has been build up for Zandalari and there home land which we might visit because I doubt they'll stop until Rastakhan is dead

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Razstah View Post
    I haven't played MoP and I won't. I will give the next expansion a shot and if they fail I will cry myself to sleep while thinking of Warcraft IV being our saviour if it ever comes.

Now to business! I've heard stuff about MoP building up to a Burning Legion expansion and that makes me moist.... but I require spoilers and everything there is to know about Burning Legion / Old gods / Azshara, Naga that is in MoP..Does anyone know how I can obtain this? Also is Garrosh corrupted by legion / old gods or any of those shitty Sha of shits?

- nothing really about Azshara or Naga

- search on Wowpedia for these topics:

1) Sha (Titan/Old God lore). They are manifestations of a slain Old God called "Y'shaarj". Initially only 6 were revealed at expansion launch, but the identity of the 7th Sha - "Pride" - has been revealed in the latest datamined files (so you probably won't read about it in wowpedia yet), and is speculated to be the root of Garrosh's corruption. Interestingly, this 7th Sha is also the reason Pandaria was covered in mists and isolated from the rest of the world for many thousands of years (Blizzard actually managed to keep the reason hidden even after expansion launch, which I find an amazing feat in today's age of spoilers galore, and the reason for the mists parting is still unknown, although most speculation is on Wrathion's interference - see #3 below).

2) Mogu (Titan/Old God lore) - This includes the latest raid, The Thunder King and its own lore (Titan-related)

3) Wrathion - self-proclaimed "last" black dragon introduced in Cataclysm and shaping up to be an extremely important lore character in WoW overall. He is the one who outright says "The Burning Legion WILL return" and is pretty much what's gotten people claiming that's "definitely" the next expansion. To get to know him better, search on Youtube for "Cataclysm Recap: Legendary Rogue" videos (4 parts on official worldofwarcraft channel)

That's most of it I think?

Oh and the Klaxxi worship Y'shaarj. They call the Titans "usurpers", and warn the players that "Your Gods are not your Gods". Y'shaarj has been said by the developers to be very dead, but datamined files in 5.3 all seem to point to his return somehow. e.g. a scenario is titled "Dark Heart of Pandaria", with "Echo of Y'shaarj" being its final stage.

As you can see, lots and lots of "speculation". 5.3's actual release in a few months would probably give a more concrete hints.

Want more wild speculation?

- Y'shaarj was the only slain old God known in Azeroth's history (fact). It's believed that his demise (and splitting off into 7 Sha and causing even more harm to the land) is what caused the Titans to reconsider slaying any other old Gods, and instead imprison them in Azeroth.

- Garrosh with his prideful nature will most likely be, or already is, possessed by the 7th Sha. Y'Shaarj will probably make an appearance after the battle with Garrosh.

- Sargeras was the one who slayed Y'shaarj, and in doing so, started his own "fall" from grace. I can't post links, but it's a very recent and interesting Know Your Lore, Tinfoil Hat article on wowinsider.
    Last edited by miz84; 2013-03-28 at 03:43 PM.

SPOILER
    The Sha are part of an Old God, as in, an Old God blew up and his remains became the Sha. I get that you haven't played the game, but taking that into account, please reserve your bias against MoP since you haven't actually experienced it.
    END SPOILER

Basically - the whole Burning Legion teaser is found in the legendary questline. If you do a wowpedia search for Wrathion you'll learn a lot of what needs to be known.

Those "Sha of Shits" ARE breaths of the Old God Y'Shaarj. If you admit to enjoying Old God lore, you also admit to liking MoP lore, because the 5.0 content AND the upcoming 5.3 content and beyond are heavily impacted by Y'Shaarj. Garrosh has his Goblins search out the power of the sha in Pandaria and finds the actual heart of the Old God, and it's highly speculated based on sound files that he will replace his own heart with that of Y'Shaarj's heart, thus becoming fully impregnated with the chaotic powers of said Old God, which leads us to raid Orgrimmar to attempt to take him down.

Anyway, onto MY point.

It's getting really fucking old hearing "MoP is childish. MoP lore has nothing to do with Warcraft lore. MoP is bad because pvp sucks. MoP is bad because of Pandas." Some of these complaints might have merit except in my personal experience, they ALWAYS seem to come from people who haven't tried and will not try actually PLAYING the expansion. If you have such a strong opinion on something, and feel the need to slather the forums with your opinion, at least have the decency to try it out first. It's the same idea as some idiot who says, "I hate sushi." To which I respond, "Well have you tried it?" Which is promptly followed by, "No. I just know I won't like it."

If you don't want to try MoP because Pandas rub you the wrong way or you don't like Asian culture, then fine. But don't walk around tossing out phrases like, "Sha of shit," when you precede it by a "I love everything about Old Gods," statement. It just shows how you've made yourself ignorant and stubborn.

TL;DR: If you love Old Golds and the Burning Legion and the original concept of World of Warcraft which WAS the war between the Alliance and Horde, then in reality, you'd probably love the lore of MoP because that's pretty much all it's about anyway, but you're too stubborn to find that out on your own so you send us to search out that information for you, and I just really, really don't understand that.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2013-03-28 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played MoP and I won't. I will give the next expansion a shot and if they fail I will cry myself to sleep
    Implying that they 'failed' with MoP? They knocked it out of the park with MoP. C'mon man, buy yourself a month of playtime and you'll see for yourself. If you're interested in the Old Gods, the Sha are the most awesome manifestation of the Old Gods since Wrath's Yogg-Saron.

Two words op. Beer elementals! Why not give mop a chance then? :P
    also like others said, its only hints at best about whats up next.