Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Patch 5.3 Barrens/Orgrimmar world changes

    Some phasing is up for Durotar (Razor Hill), Orgrimmar (Troll district taken over by Kor'kron) and certain areas of the Barrens (floating rocks?). Over in Pandaria you've got a fair amount of GARROSHNESS and general defilery around the Shrines.

    One question I have: what will these new areas be used for (gameplay-wise), specifically the Barrens. Very interested in the red X's; possible one-time quests, elite mobs or scenario tie-ins?


  2. #2
    Warchief Galbrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,228
    Nice video but... random woman?! That's warlord Zaela! Big lore character in Cataclysm and probably going to be one of Garrosh's raid bosses! XD

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Nice video but... random woman?! That's warlord Zaela! Big lore character in Cataclysm and probably going to be one of Garrosh's raid bosses! XD
    She will? Calling it now. I know what her mechanics will be.
    She summons dragons and floating fire rocks, and you've got to tame the dragon and avoid the rocks.
    Making strategy guide as we speak.

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,599
    Personally hoping Zaela sees the error of Garrosh's ways and sides with the Rebellion but... yeah, unlikely.

    One thing to notice is that the Kor'kron are exclusively orc again, the way they were in Vanilla and TBC, but in Wotlk there were Kor'kron from other races attacking ICC, seems Thrall had briefly diversified the group but Garrosh's expanded it (WAY too many of them for an 'elite' group, jeez)
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Personally hoping Zaela sees the error of Garrosh's ways and sides with the Rebellion but... yeah, unlikely.

    One thing to notice is that the Kor'kron are exclusively orc again, the way they were in Vanilla and TBC, but in Wotlk there were Kor'kron from other races attacking ICC, seems Thrall had briefly diversified the group but Garrosh's expanded it (WAY too many of them for an 'elite' group, jeez)
    I think it really comes down to whether we're going in their to kill Garrosh and his followers or not, and also the extent to which Garrosh is corrupted by Sha. It might just be that once Garrosh is dead, everyone else will be spared and we'll all go back to happy fun panda world.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    I think it really comes down to whether we're going in their to kill Garrosh and his followers or not, and also the extent to which Garrosh is corrupted by Sha. It might just be that once Garrosh is dead, everyone else will be spared and we'll all go back to happy fun panda world.
    Yep. Happy fun Panda world. Krasarang was nothing *but* happiness. So was Kun-Lai, and Dread Wastes, and...wait a minute...

    More on topic, I think it's likely we will kill Zaela, although I'd rather we not, I think she's an interesting character. I also feel that way about Nazgrim, but I'm more optimistic about his chances than hers. I *also* wonder if these changes will be in effect for lower level players, and if they'll have an effect on their quest experience.

  7. #7
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,101
    I'll be honest, I lost any respect I would have been able to cultivate for Zaela as an interesting character the moment I clicked on her and her chatter had the words 'Garrosh must truly be a strong and wise leader, to unite the Horde so,' at a time when his leadership was causing the Horde to fracture both in-story and out. It felt like she was put there specifically to continue shilling Garrosh as Warchief.

    edit: As far as Nazgrim, I get the feeling he'll have a heel realization and defect over to the Horde Revolutionaries either in 5.3's scenario(s) or during the siege itself.
    Last edited by Callei; 2013-03-27 at 05:09 AM.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I'll be honest, I lost any respect I would have been able to cultivate for Zaela as an interesting character the moment I clicked on her and her chatter had the words 'Garrosh must truly be a strong and wise leader, to unite the Horde so,' at a time when his leadership was causing the Horde to fracture both in-story and out. It felt like she was put there specifically to continue shilling Garrosh as Warchief.

    edit: As far as Nazgrim, I get the feeling he'll have a heel realization and defect over to the Horde Revolutionaries either in 5.3's scenario(s) or during the siege itself.
    That wasn't exactly what she said, and frankly, I can forgive her because she'd been part of the Horde for what, a few days at that point? She hadn't gotten to see the dissent Garrosh was causing.

    What bothers me is that by NOW she should have had a chance to see that and realize Garrosh is NOT holding the Horde together like she thought.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  9. #9
    It's nice that we're starting to get a better picture of what's going to happen in the SoO, shoutouts to the awesome character of Zaela.

  10. #10
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    That wasn't exactly what she said, and frankly, I can forgive her because she'd been part of the Horde for what, a few days at that point? She hadn't gotten to see the dissent Garrosh was causing.
    I would find it easier to give a pass on if it weren't worded so blatantly (that may not be her exact wording, but it's as close as I can recall without the gossip/quest text in front of me). If she had instead marveled at his ability to pull a worst-case scenario around so quickly, that would have felt more organic and less shilltastic than 'Oh hey, he's holding the Horde together! Totally floating that operation on his own with so many divisive elements within.' after a few days' time.

    What bothers me is that by NOW she should have had a chance to see that and realize Garrosh is NOT holding the Horde together like she thought.
    I'm guessing either Zaela and the Dragonmaw are still in the Highlands and as such don't quite know what he's up to, or she tacitly approves in which case she may not be as benevolent as we were led to believe in the Highlands (she's smart enough that she may have intentionally presented herself as more moderate-minded to win over the Horde adventurers).

    edit: Assuming, of course, she's among the Loyalists and not the Revolutionaries. Just because she's gearing up for the siege on Garrosh's team now doesn't mean that won't change when the Revolution really kicks into high gear.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I would find it easier to give a pass on if it weren't worded so blatantly (that may not be her exact wording, but it's as close as I can recall without the gossip/quest text in front of me). If she had instead marveled at his ability to pull a worst-case scenario around so quickly, that would have felt more organic and less shilltastic than 'Oh hey, he's holding the Horde together! Totally floating that operation on his own with so many divisive elements within.' after a few days' time.

    I'm guessing either Zaela and the Dragonmaw are still in the Highlands and as such don't quite know what he's up to, or she tacitly approves in which case she may not be as benevolent as we were led to believe in the Highlands (she's smart enough that she may have intentionally presented herself as more moderate-minded to win over the Horde adventurers).

    edit: Assuming, of course, she's among the Loyalists and not the Revolutionaries. Just because she's gearing up for the siege on Garrosh's team now doesn't mean that won't change when the Revolution really kicks into high gear.
    1.
    "I am new to the burdens of leadership. I should've seen Narkrall's insubordination coming. Instead I am cleaning up his mess.
    I don't know how Garrosh Hellscream does it. He must possess great strength to hold together a force as diverse as the Horde... I should like to know him more."
    I think it's a pretty natural misinterpretation, she's seeing Orcs, Tauren and Goblins working together which is something the Dragonmaw never could've done, she attributes this to Garrosh because he's in charge and she's got no reason not to think it's his work that causes this at the time. I agree though, it was just blizz shilling :P


    2. Possible, but her whole 'thing' was that she opposed Tyranny and there was no sign she wasn't being honest with us.

    3. Dead trolls around her drake are pretty telling
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  12. #12
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    2. Possible, but her whole 'thing' was that she opposed Tyranny and there was no sign she wasn't being honest with us.
    I'm not saying full-stop she's some mastermind who played the adventurer to usurp the former Dragonmaw Warchief's position. It'd be an interesting take on it, though--I think that, like most orcs, she's been taken in by Garrosh's (admittedly-impressive, credit where due the man can bust out a speech like nobody's business) rhetoric and if she remains among the Loyalists, it's likely because she's been convinced that they're an assortment of Alliance defectors/traitors to the Horde wanting to capitalize on the Alliance attack. Unless, of course, there's Sha at work (most notably Pride), and she's getting a bit of side-action from Pridey.

    3. Dead trolls around her drake are pretty telling
    Well, from an outsider's POV, right now the trolls are armed rebels who've managed to shake off Kor'kron occupation in the Echo Isles. If she's not throwing her lot behind Garrosh 100%, right now she may think she's just dealing with a bloody rebellion and not a will-of-the-people revolution and can always realize she's on the side of a tyrant during the raid proper.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Skytotem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,599
    I hope so, honestly I'm pretty sad about all this, what I loved about the Horde was the camraderie and brotherhood yeah, but I also liked that it wasn't the white-knight faction, it had some depth to it, and it feels like we're killing off anyone questionable

    Sylvanas aside because she's flat out against what thrall and the others stand for and her continued existence in the Horde makes no sense to me if we're getting rid of Garrosh :\
    You are now future Jack Noir.

    Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDDGuides View Post
    Some phasing is up for Durotar (Razor Hill), Orgrimmar (Troll district taken over by Kor'kron) and certain areas of the Barrens (floating rocks?). Over in Pandaria you've got a fair amount of GARROSHNESS and general defilery around the Shrines.

    One question I have: what will these new areas be used for (gameplay-wise), specifically the Barrens. Very interested in the red X's; possible one-time quests, elite mobs or scenario tie-ins?
    The area in Pandaria is used to introduce the player to the new horde scenario where we investigate what Garrosh is looking for in Pandaria and what he has found. The barrens seem to be a new playground for players. There are caravans that need to be escorted (so that the Tauren can aid in the uprising) and the Xs are elite mobs that drop a questitem that you can turn into an epic with itemlevel 476. It's unknown what you'll get by escorting a caravan but I think it's safe to say that there will be dailies or that the attackers will drop also an item you can turn into an epic.

  15. #15
    atleast barrens chat is still the same

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    The area in Pandaria is used to introduce the player to the new horde scenario where we investigate what Garrosh is looking for in Pandaria and what he has found. The barrens seem to be a new playground for players. There are caravans that need to be escorted (so that the Tauren can aid in the uprising) and the Xs are elite mobs that drop a questitem that you can turn into an epic with itemlevel 476. It's unknown what you'll get by escorting a caravan but I think it's safe to say that there will be dailies or that the attackers will drop also an item you can turn into an epic.
    Sounds like they're replicating all the things to do in the Throne of Thunder but in the Barrens. I'd imagine there'll be dailies.

  17. #17
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    Yep. Happy fun Panda world. Krasarang was nothing *but* happiness. So was Kun-Lai, and Dread Wastes, and...wait a minute...

    More on topic, I think it's likely we will kill Zaela, although I'd rather we not, I think she's an interesting character. I also feel that way about Nazgrim, but I'm more optimistic about his chances than hers. I *also* wonder if these changes will be in effect for lower level players, and if they'll have an effect on their quest experience.
    If they change lowbie quests in 5.3, they'll have to in 6.0 because Kalimdor is all about Garrosh.
    Unsubscribed 3/10/2014 - 8/14/2014.
    "Times change."

    Beware the claims of yearly expansions. It's not more hype more often, it's paying more for less. Fewer tiers, no more new levels, no more new races/classes, but an ever-increasing price tag....

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    If they change lowbie quests in 5.3, they'll have to in 6.0 because Kalimdor is all about Garrosh.
    I expect them to "activate" based on whether you've opened the vale of eternal blossoms yet. Otherwise it doesn't exactly make a lot of sense to have these things happen in a Cataclysm-era world.

  19. #19
    Blademaster Virothe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37
    looks like we're finally getting somewhere with this storyline, been waiting on it for awhile!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    looks like we're finally getting somewhere with this storyline, been waiting on it for awhile!
    Yeah seriously, reading through the upcoming scenarios weren't exactly lifting hopes for why we're murdering Garrosh, but judging by the changes/new elite kills, it's all starting up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •