Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    By far Klaxxi is my favorite faction in the game. Their strongest sacrafices their entire life and future only to be called if the best of the best needed to protect their own. They are definitely not nice, but i was suprised, when i had that conversation. I would love to see Klaxxi as playable race.

    They side with the strongest, and even when Titans defeated the old god, they still choose the old god, so i guess, the titans aren't that "wow" afterall. I hope their story will keep on developing.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

  2. #22
    Epic! solvexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The titans wanted to kill Them? Where was that said?
    The titans wanted to re-originate the world.
    Therefore killing them, along with all species.

  3. #23
    I found it quite weird that they (The Klaxxi, not the mantid) had a role to maintain a certain order within their own empire, slaughtering the empress if necessary to maintain it, when their gods are chaotic in their very essence. They spread chaos, madness, fear, corruption etc. That didn't make any sense to me. At all.

  4. #24
    What we know about the old gods is mostly told to us through their enemies, the Titans. It's possible that the Klaaxi are there to start to show us another side.

    The Klaaxi seek power and dominion above everything else - there's a conversation with one of them about how right it was that the mantid send swarms of their people out to fight so that only the strongest survive. They don't dislike the Empress because she's killing off the mantid in senseless slaughter, they just don't like the timing of it.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    What we know about the old gods is mostly told to us through their enemies, the Titans. It's possible that the Klaaxi are there to start to show us another side.
    Its pretty clear from the old gods own words that they desire nothing less than the destruction of all life on azeroth.

    I don't doubt that the titans are also not to be trusted, given that they have also been willing to wipe out all life on a whim.

    We are collateral damage in a war of gods.

    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.
    [Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1521-3726-7197]

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    What we know about the old gods is mostly told to us through their enemies, the Titans. It's possible that the Klaaxi are there to start to show us another side.

    The Klaaxi seek power and dominion above everything else - there's a conversation with one of them about how right it was that the mantid send swarms of their people out to fight so that only the strongest survive. They don't dislike the Empress because she's killing off the mantid in senseless slaughter, they just don't like the timing of it.
    Not really... What we know about the old gods are the consequences their corruption brought to the world. Deathwing, the Nightmare, Loken in Northrend, the Sha etc.

    And I really don't think they would like the race destroying itself senselessly... as the empress could "easily" slaughter the entire race, just not those "special" soldiers that are the Klaxxi.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 09:09 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Its pretty clear from the old gods own words that they desire nothing less than the destruction of all life on azeroth.

    I don't doubt that the titans are also not to be trusted, given that they have also been willing to wipe out all life on a whim.
    The titans only wanted to wipe out all life to rebuild the world without the corruption from the old gods (curse of flesh included), but only as a last resort (see Algalon).

  7. #27
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The titans wanted to kill Them? Where was that said?
    New mogu lore objects, it was the prime directive of the stone mogu armies.



  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Could this mean that the Titans are not who we think they are ??
    Possibly, but that doesnt make the old gods good.

    1 question though.
    When that mantid has having that conversation with "you" after you hit exalted, what exactly is down there in the amber casket ? an old god ? a to be awakened paragon ?
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    Possibly, but that doesnt make the old gods good.

    1 question though.
    When that mantid has having that conversation with "you" after you hit exalted, what exactly is down there in the amber casket ? an old god ? a to be awakened paragon ?
    It seems to be a picture representing Y'sharrj.

  10. #30
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    New mogu lore objects, it was the prime directive of the stone mogu armies.
    Ok. But did they want to kill them before or after they joined the old gods. To me it sounded like the mantid joined the old gods, because they wanted to be On the winning Team.

  11. #31
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Ok. But did they want to kill them before or after they joined the old gods. To me it sounded like the mantid joined the old gods, because they wanted to be On the winning Team.
    Since they're one of the evolutions of the aqir, that would mean the Old Gods pretty much 'created' them (or rather, reshaped them from their original form). Meaning they'd have been with the Old Gods since their 'creation'.



  12. #32
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Since they're one of the evolutions of the aqir, that would mean the Old Gods pretty much 'created' them (or rather, reshaped them from their original form). Meaning they'd have been with the Old Gods since their 'creation'.
    then it makes perfect Sense the titans want to kill them. But they Made it Sound as if it was their choice to serve the old gods

  13. #33
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    Fear? Power? Mind Control? Take your pick.

    It's clear that if the Sha of Hatred can take over their empress, that the old god himself can control the entirety of the mantid race.
    Control ? I got the impression they came willingly.

  14. #34
    Warchief SourceOfInfection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In an expensive beach front condo I don't deserve.
    Posts
    2,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Latulla View Post
    I haven't really heard of any god that loves any race. It's a do what I say or die / or you go to some sort of hell.

    Fear of their power is what makes them Gods.
    In order to clarify, any race that as a whole devotes itself to a god or pantheon of gods, unless it is truly a loving deity like some of the gods in certain fantasy works, are a collective group of idiots.
    I've seen what's over the mountain, and you don't have anything to be dancing about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemsu Hov View Post
    Well fuck if you all want some sources here's some websites. I haven't read them so fuck you if you blame me for bad info.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •