View Poll Results: What's your favorite L30 talent?

Voters
104. This poll is closed
  • Temporal Shield

42 40.38%
  • Flameglow

14 13.46%
  • Ice Barrier

48 46.15%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    When there's large predictable damage (quake stomp, acid rain, quills, lightning storm etc.) I'll use temporal shield once I've done the fights a few times since it just works so well.

Fights without large hits and when I'm doing new fights or if our healers are struggling to keep me up I'll use ice barrier.

Occasionally on a new fight if there's a lot of mechanics and I'm having a bad day I'll go for flameglow and IW just so I have less to think about.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    Temporal Shield is the best choice in my opinion in current raids. Especially on fights with tortos or megaera

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If your healers are not top notch, it is also wasted HPS as they frantically heal you then you waste the regen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    I just call out 'Temporal Shield' every time I use it. Healers subsequently ignore me for the next 4-5 seconds unless I call that I need heals, in which case I do get them. ^^"#
    10characters.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

ts, since it has no gcd it have a right to be on top list of mine :P

and it helps youer healers to get your self healed back to full without geting any heal
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Flame glow just seems inferior to the other 2, math-number wise that is.

Deleted
    By default, I use Ice Barrier. I only use Temporal Shield on specific fight.
    For Fire Glow, I think it lack something to make it my "by default" so I use it on specific fight too.

I think FG need a good +10% to his SP coefficient.

I love Ice Barrier. Absorbs a good amount of damage with a really short cooldown, plus it has saved my rear in a pinch a number of times. It's also the more simple and straightforward out of them. It just prevents damage. That's it, pure and simple. Love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last night I played with Flameglow on everything except Jin'Rokh and it was quite alright. Feels good to not have to think about it but then again sometimes I really wanted to shield myself, but I had no shield causing me to slightly panic. Oh and I used Temporal Shield on Tortos since the turtles seem to be programmed to target Arcane Mages. I feel that the more I know the fights the more confident I can be in Temporal Shield.
    My magic will tear you apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    I think FG need a good +10% to his SP coefficient.
    This could work in PvE for sure, but it'd have to be a PvE exclusive change as Flameglow is already silly strong in PvP versus certain classes and specs.

I realise this is a PvE discussion - I am just pointing it out. Thanks. <3
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There tends to be a spike or 4s of ticks >100k in nearly every fight so I tend to take Temporal Shield. I also use cauterize so its nice to have a reactive/proactive defensive CD to pair with my safety net.

10+ Year Old Account
    I raid 10 man, and use IB when I expect large amounts of spiking damage on a predictable basis (Tortos, Ji-Kun, Meg (for venom bombs). I use Flameglow on fights like Primordius or Durumu) when the damage is consistent or manageable.

I dont know there is any wrong way, mostly depends on the raid group and tactics used.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    I raid 10 man, and use IB when I expect large amounts of spiking damage on a predictable basis (Tortos, Ji-Kun, Meg (for venom bombs). I use Flameglow on fights like Primordius or Durumu) when the damage is consistent or manageable.

I dont know there is any wrong way, mostly depends on the raid group and tactics used.
    This is the most sensible thing said in this thread.

What frosts me (get it? frosts?) is that dolt who attempted to claim Ice Barrier is a DPS cooldown. It's that type of misinformation and mage community deception that gives me hemorrhoids.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    This is the most sensible thing said in this thread.

What frosts me (get it? frosts?) is that dolt who attempted to claim Ice Barrier is a DPS cooldown. It's that type of misinformation and mage community deception that gives me hemorrhoids.
    you only get spell knockbacks if there are damage going out and IB costs 1 gcd.....i dont think you will have IB uptime of 100% if you want the "dps cooldown useage" besides the guy already mentioned he uses IB on a predictable basis (so use it 1-2s before the damage ccomes out)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    I've tried to use of the other shields but I stick to Icebarrier.
    edit:typo

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    I decided to use Ice Barrier in ToT because there are giant amounts of incoming damage, but I suppose I could be switching a bit more over the fights. I haven't seen a fight yet where Flameglow would be my talent of choice, even though I like its design in theory.
    I've actually found ONE fight where FG could in theory be helpful, and that's Primordius with the gas bladder.

Also, I'd like Ice Barrier a LOT more if it didn't use a global.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-03-29 at 07:00 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I swap between all 3 depending on the encounter, but I really love TS.
    TS + Thunderstruck on Lei Shen anyone?

Deleted
    TS is pretty useless for me, because if I get huge damage, I receive huge heals the next few seconds as a consequence. For progress I use IB only. TS need a rework to be viable: 4 seconds to "collect" damage and only 1 or maybe 2 seconds for healing it back. Flameglow is pretty useless in every ToT fight and not liked by our healers.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    TS is pretty useless for me, because if I get huge damage, I receive huge heals the next few seconds as a consequence. For progress I use IB only. TS need a rework to be viable: 4 seconds to "collect" damage and only 1 or maybe 2 seconds for healing it back. Flameglow is pretty useless in every ToT fight and not liked by our healers.
    This is why you let your healers know of said ability and when you use it.

For example: When we were doing Heroic Garalon, I let them know I TS'd every crush because it was hurting their mana pools. They promptly stopped healing me.

The problem I see with IB is that it's a DPS loss of 1 global. If it didn't have a global, I'd be using it significantly more often.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.