GotAK and Megaera

So, I did Meg tonight, and my GotAK seemed to prematurely end.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8118&e=8539

As you'll notice, on the pull, it ends after 16.6 seconds rather than the full 30, which totally screwed the rest of my opening burst. Anyone had this issue?

Negative, I don't pop GotAK till I've got Inq up which is after generating 3 HP, and by that time I've already reached the boss and stopped moving.

I know a lot of pets have been bugging out on Megaera so that may be a bug.

I think a lot of pets are bugged on Megaera, our hunter had problems with his pet despawning each time a head died. Ant not only pets are bugging, most of our frost mage frozen orbs moved backwards from the direction he was facing instead of forward towards the heads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Megaera sucks for pets. Xuen (monk pet) despawns each time a head dies. I'm thinking guardian probably did something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    Megaera sucks for pets. Xuen (monk pet) despawns each time a head dies. I'm thinking guardian probably did something similar.
    I don't think so, cause I was waiting for 20 stacks of AP so I could ES (first head still had 30~%? left), and I looked at buffs and it was at 0, was extremely confused. Think it just clashed with the water somehow, and only does it randomly? Idk.

In other news, the Horridon trinket is pretty badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, hunter pets will sometimes fall into the water and become totally inactive (won't attack, can't be recalled or dismissed until they reset). The guardian may be having similar issues.

i popped my guardian trying to see the 20 stacks , but the buff wasnt even there all i saw is the time of the guardian , second time the 20 stacks buff was there , me and my friend were shocked when this happened

Deleted
    This could be why my uber hunter alt was pulling crappy dps tother day. good to know

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did Meg. in LFR today and my guradian disappeared after 15 seconds of its 30second time. This was the same time the first head died. Combat log confirmed this.

Chances are pets are still trying to attack whatever head it was while it's back behind the Concealing Fog - possibly resulting in pets/guardians getting too far away and despawning.

If you want to get normal buff/dmg from Goak you have to spawn it on yourself. You can't spawn goak targeting Maegara heads or he'll vanish into the waters. I noticed that on first couple pulls. When you spawn it on yourself and attc Maegara heads Goak wont go behind head he'll stay on platform with you in max melee range I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monoroth View Post
    If you want to get normal buff/dmg from Goak you have to spawn it on yourself. You can't spawn goak targeting Maegara heads or he'll vanish into the waters. I noticed that on first couple pulls. When you spawn it on yourself and attc Maegara heads Goak wont go behind head he'll stay on platform with you in max melee range I think.
    Well, that's at least not guaranteed, because I used Guardian on one of the heads as usual and he spawned and attacked just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I remember Yorsahj or Madness of Deathwing, how many DK (Unholy) pets I've lost on the way. At least on Yorsahj I called it to follow when going after a globule. But on Megaera, I don't remember it despawn.
    I don't know how Ancient Guardian or Xuen act comparing to a permanent pet. For example, they might have problems with positioning (back of the mob/boss or your own position). For example, UH Gargoyle seems to be spawning even in front of the boss; this is new, I always remember it spawning near me, in the back of the boss..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    I remember Yorsahj or Madness of Deathwing, how many DK (Unholy) pets I've lost on the way. At least on Yorsahj I called it to follow when going after a globule. But on Megaera, I don't remember it despawn.
    I don't know how Ancient Guardian or Xuen act comparing to a permanent pet. For example, they might have problems with positioning (back of the mob/boss or your own position). For example, UH Gargoyle seems to be spawning even in front of the boss; this is new, I always remember it spawning near me, in the back of the boss..
    On the two times I had Xuen out, he seems to spend more time swimming than he does attacking. Like some sort of invisible current pushing him away from the heads. It's odd.