Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Super Moderator xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hup Holland Hup!
    Posts
    9,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonticus View Post
    I think cards are cycled to the bottom of your deck after use/they are destroyed. Don't quote me on that though!
    Nope, when a card is gone, it's gone, just checked on the gameplay video. You can see the deck getting smaller in the niche where it's located on the board. Just click through the video to random spots and you'll see it.

    From what it looks like the Warlock demons that make you discard cards when you play them also means you lose said cards from gameplay, and are not returned to your deck
    Attack the Argument, not the Person ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  2. #22
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    15,417
    Just give me an "Orc Celeb" deck, with Orgrim, Durotan, Kilrogg and all the other old guys and I'd be set.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  3. #23
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    4,618
    My dream deck is overlooking a great view, free of insects, has an awesome grill section, comfortable chairs and tables, has good mood lighting, is protected from the wind, and so on.
    've is short for have. C/Sh/Would've or c/sh/would have. Not c/sh/would of.

  4. #24
    Super Moderator xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hup Holland Hup!
    Posts
    9,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    My dream deck is overlooking a great view, free of insects, has an awesome grill section, comfortable chairs and tables, has good mood lighting, is protected from the wind, and so on.
    Perfect place to play a game of Hearthstone on your iPad on a summer evening. Not quite what we had in mind when we were discussing dream decks though.
    Attack the Argument, not the Person ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  5. #25
    At this time i feel like more cards and stuff will be added before beta appears and as beta happens. It would be hard for me to make a deck knowing that there is a huge chance things inside it will be removed or changed.

    All I can guess is that I will be working on either a warrior or Shaman hero deck while just going in there and having fun in Forge.

  6. #26
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    At this time i feel like more cards and stuff will be added before beta appears and as beta happens. It would be hard for me to make a deck knowing that there is a huge chance things inside it will be removed or changed.

    All I can guess is that I will be working on either a warrior or Shaman hero deck while just going in there and having fun in Forge.
    Well you don't get to keep the cards from beta so you will have to get new cards anyways, But knowing how cards work and have a basic idea what a strong set of cards look like will help you even if they change some of the card ability's.

    Personally i would love to find all the OP combinations in beta so i won't have to play against them during live where it's almost impossible to do further balancing without pissing people off.

  7. #27
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,109
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    Well you don't get to keep the cards from beta so you will have to get new cards anyways.
    I'm not so sure about that. They said the money you spend on cards in beta wouldn't go to waste. So, at the least, they give you free booster packs when it goes live based on how much you spent during beta.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. They said the money you spend on cards in beta wouldn't go to waste. So, at the least, they give you free booster packs when it goes live based on how much you spent during beta.
    that's what they said. you lose ALL the cards you got in beta, but you get new unopened packs for every pack you bought in beta.

    but unless you are very very lucky, the cards that will come from those packs won't be exactly the same ones you got during beta, so you can't really get used to your beta deck.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer Calzaeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kopervik, Norway
    Posts
    3,146
    It'll be a hunter with an army of murlocs. I don't know how I'll make it work, but I will.

    Gief beta :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I don't think you're having so much a thought but rather complete mental diarrhea all over the internet and your keyboard and it's not pretty or even logical.

  10. #30
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    that's what they said. you lose ALL the cards you got in beta, but you get new unopened packs for every pack you bought in beta.

    but unless you are very very lucky, the cards that will come from those packs won't be exactly the same ones you got during beta, so you can't really get used to your beta deck.
    Yeah i think my plan is to buy some packs on beta, learn how the cards feel and what cards works great together and how to play stuff like "The forge/vault or whatever it is called, where you draft the cards" and when i get those new pack tokens on the live server i will probably just play a lot of the vault to pick and choose the cards i know from the beta i want to play and win some additional packs.

    Ofc this is all dependent on if i get into the actual beta or not :P

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    Yeah i think my plan is to buy some packs on beta, learn how the cards feel and what cards works great together and how to play stuff like "The forge/vault or whatever it is called, where you draft the cards" and when i get those new pack tokens on the live server i will probably just play a lot of the vault to pick and choose the cards i know from the beta i want to play and win some additional packs.

    Ofc this is all dependent on if i get into the actual beta or not :P
    the forge costs cards, so unless you buy lots of packs you can't really keep going there indefinitely. think of it as HS's version of WoW raids. it requires lots of preparation and commitment.

    of course, you can buy lots of packs, see which cards are NOT the ones you got in beta, and throw them in the forge, picking the cards that show up that you did get in beta lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  12. #32
    Super Moderator xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hup Holland Hup!
    Posts
    9,046
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    of course, you can buy lots of packs, see which cards are NOT the ones you got in beta, and throw them in the forge, picking the cards that show up that you did get in beta lol
    As I understand it you use unopened packs to enter the forge mode, so you don't get to look at the cards. Otherwise it'd be very easy to just pick the cards you want, use excess cards in the forge, choose your particular hero, play him, and get even more of the cards you are after (since you get a few cards that you played with in Forge mode). It's not that easy in the way they have the game projected right now.
    Attack the Argument, not the Person ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    As I understand it you use unopened packs to enter the forge mode, so you don't get to look at the cards. Otherwise it'd be very easy to just pick the cards you want, use excess cards in the forge, choose your particular hero, play him, and get even more of the cards you are after (since you get a few cards that you played with in Forge mode). It's not that easy in the way they have the game projected right now.
    well, that was me being stupid. when I read the news about hearthstone I totally missed the word "packs" in "Note that you must trade in a certain number of card packs to participate in The Forge" lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  14. #34
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    As I understand it you use unopened packs to enter the forge mode, so you don't get to look at the cards. Otherwise it'd be very easy to just pick the cards you want, use excess cards in the forge, choose your particular hero, play him, and get even more of the cards you are after (since you get a few cards that you played with in Forge mode). It's not that easy in the way they have the game projected right now.
    Well i am still not sure about the names of the different parts of the game, but one is where you play other people (it's like a small tournament maybe it's called the vault) where you start with 3 unopened packs and then pick one card from the newly opened pack and pass it on to a new player, you then receive a pack from another player (missing the card he picked) and you get to take a card from that pack and pass it on until all packs run out, you then build a playable deck from all the cards you just opened, and battle the other people you previously passed cards to. In the end you get to keep all the cards you picked and whatever prize there is to be won.

    And then you have the other thing which is called the forge i think/guess? where you can disenchant some of your cards into arcane dust and build new cards you want that are missing in your collection.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 03:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    well, that was me being stupid. when I read the news about hearthstone I totally missed the word "packs" in "Note that you must trade in a certain number of card packs to participate in The Forge" lol
    Yes that was my point. Whatever i bought on the beta servers will be returned to me in the form of UN-opened packs that i would be able to use in this tournament style thing on the live servers, which seems a lot more appealing to me then just opening them.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    Yes that was my point. Whatever i bought on the beta servers will be returned to me in the form of UN-opened packs that i would be able to use in this tournament style thing on the live servers, which seems a lot more appealing to me then just opening them.
    what if one of the packs have a golden jaraxxus in it?

    from what I see, you can only get golden cards from packs.

    all I know is that I want a golden version of every chick and a golden jaraxxus. I'll spend all my money on packs until I GET THEM ALL! (mild exaggeration here )
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  16. #36
    Super Moderator xskarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hup Holland Hup!
    Posts
    9,046
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    Well i am still not sure about the names of the different parts of the game, but one is where you play other people (it's like a small tournament maybe it's called the vault) where you start with 3 unopened packs and then pick one card from the newly opened pack and pass it on to a new player, you then receive a pack from another player (missing the card he picked) and you get to take a card from that pack and pass it on until all packs run out, you then build a playable deck from all the cards you just opened, and battle the other people you previously passed cards to. In the end you get to keep all the cards you picked and whatever prize there is to be won.
    Euh? I've not heard anything like this play mode in any of the sources I've read, where did you hear about this?

    The only playmodes (mentioned in the FAQ) are normal ladder games against people of likewise strength, and Forge, where you create and play decks with some starting random variables, and Practice, where you play against the AI for no rewards. The FAQ also mentiones Card management, but that's not really playing IMO as it is just preparation and crafting.
    Attack the Argument, not the Person ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  17. #37
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Euh? I've not heard anything like this play mode in any of the sources I've read, where did you hear about this?

    The only playmodes (mentioned in the FAQ) are normal ladder games against people of likewise strength, and Forge, where you create and play decks with some starting random variables, and Practice, where you play against the AI for no rewards. The FAQ also mentiones Card management, but that's not really playing IMO as it is just preparation and crafting.

    I thought i heard it from the Pax video where he talks about the game, but i couldn't seem to find it.

    I realized that i read it here.

    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/...pic/8508080814

    Anyone who ever played MTG somewhat competitively will recognize this as a normal "draft" tournament.

  18. #38
    The forge will be basically like Draft.

  19. #39
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,109
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    what if one of the packs have a golden jaraxxus in it?

    from what I see, you can only get golden cards from packs.

    all I know is that I want a golden version of every chick and a golden jaraxxus. I'll spend all my money on packs until I GET THEM ALL! (mild exaggeration here )
    If golden cards have no gameplay effect, I'll pass. Foil cards in Duels of the Planeswalker are more annoying than anything, and usually hard to read.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  20. #40
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,666
    I want a hunter/warlock deck (a dark ranger deck) and my hero will be Sylvanas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •