Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Make your Dream Deck!

Hey folks, I'm so buzzed about this game I thought I'd start working on my dream deck, PLEASE bear in mind that cards followed buy an asterisk don't exist... merely imagination running riot. One thing I have noticed from looking at the cards is that if you want to build a strict themed deck then you're probably going to have difficulty keeping to your theme. As I found most of my Minions are quite expensive so I threw in some summoners to assist. Many thanks to Justjimmy and the team at www.hearthstonepedia.org for the card info, keep up the great work!

Dream Deck: The Holy light!

Hero: Uther [Hero Ability: Summons a 1/1 Silver Hand Recruit]

Spells:
    2x Equality [Change the Health of ALL minions to 1] [cost:2]

2x Holy wrath [Deal 1 damage to ALL enemy minions] [cost:3] *

2x Holy Shock [Deal 2 Damage to an Enemy or Heal an ally for 2 health] [cost:2] *

1x Lay on Hands [Heals Target for 20 health] [cost:5] *

2x Holy Light [Restore 8 health] [cost: 3] *

Minions:
    2x Lightwarden [Whenever a character is healed, gain +1 Attack.][Att/Def: 1/1] [cost:2]

2x Goldshire Footman [Taunt] [att/def: 1/2] [cost:1]

2x Priestess of Elune [Battlecry: retore 4 Health to your hero.] [Att/Def: 5/4] [cost: 6]

1x Tirion Fordring [Divine Shield/Taunt/Battlecry: Draw a card for each enemy minion].[6/8] [cost:8]

2x Silver Hand Knight [Battlecry: Summons a 2/2 Squire.][Att/Def: 4/4][Cost:5]

2x Argent Squire [Divine Shield] [Att/Def: 1/1] [cost: 1]

2x Shieldbearer [Taunt/Enrage: +1 Att] [Att/Def: 0/4] [cost:1]

2x Stormwind Knight [Charge] [Att/Def: 2/5] [Cost:4]

2x Pint-sized Summoner [The first minion you play each turn costs (2) less.] [Att/Def: 2/2] [cost: 2]

2x Shattered Sun Cleric [Battlecry: Give a friendly minion +1/+1.] [Att/Def::3/3] [cost: 3]

Equipment:
    1x Ashbringer: [Battlecry: Destroy all UNDEAD Minions in play] [Attack:7] [Durability:2] [cost:7] *

1x Arcanite Reaper [Attack: 5] [Durability: 2] [cost: 5]

So what do you guys think? what's your dream deck?

my dream deck is a deck full of chicks
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    my dream deck is a deck full of chicks
    Did you mean chicks as in girls, or chicks as in Chicks

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    both of them
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    both of them
    Ok now thats just kinky.

On topic. OP Deck looks really nice. I like the inclusion of the priestess of elune's. Ashbringer FTW!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nornian View Post
    Ok now thats just kinky.

On topic. OP Deck looks really nice. I like the inclusion of the priestess of elune's. Ashbringer FTW!
    aye they were one of my should i or shouldn't i picks, but 5/4 and a heal? yes please! I hope that Ashbringer is in as a paladin legendary at some point, as they only have one revealed spell so far, so a Class specific item would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really have the experience to make a deck I think, and certainly not the familiarity with the cards yet. I'll be going for a warlock dack as a first priority though. Couple of thoughts I had while looking into this:

Warlock cards:

- Love Chaos Bolt and Drain Life spells, very cool effects.

- Jaraxxus is a must to me, with the way Warlocks trade health for cards I'm thinking about purposefully drawing cards as much as I can to get Jaraxxus in my hand, and use him to destroy my opponent late game. I like the idea of Warlocks surviving to late game and by that point becoming unstoppable, just no idea if it will actually work out like that. Those 6/6 Infernals though...I doubt there's much that can stand in the way of a constant stream of those.

Neutral cards:

- I like the idea of the Cult Master/Accolyte of Pain cards where various actions make you draw cards. With some of the Warlock lesser minions making you discard cards I think a healthy stream of cards coming into your hands outside of the hero ability and turn start is a must. This will also further my idea of getting cards to hit on Jaraxxus on time.

Will post more thoughts when I get around to looking into things more, and possibly a deck at some point.

This is my dream deck right now:

http://hearthstonegame.com/User:Chip...face_Jaraxxus!

Destroy minions and draw cards until you play Jaraxxus

I have played card games for 16 years. Pokemon, MTG, Yugioh, Vanguard, DBZ, Naruto, Warcraft..ect..ect... I have placed in National tournamnets, won regionals, and countless weekend tournaments. I would spend hours creating new decks that no one has ever seen and working them into a playable deck thats one of a kind. Lots have failed, others have been decks without a counter.

This game is exciting for me, and I have been working hard on a deck for it since hearthstonepedia.org started listing the card abilities. I have just one word to say for the deck I am planning on building.

MMRRRGGGBBLLL
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    rofl Pandagon, and that looks like a nice draw deck Frodo! unsure as to if Deathwing is a good idea in there though, but then again... Deathwing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonticus View Post
    rofl Pandagon, and that looks like a nice draw deck Frodo! unsure as to if Deathwing is a good idea in there though, but then again... Deathwing!
    I have Deathwing just because he doesn't kill Jaraxxus, but I have yet to see a game I needed Deathwing to win, so probably will replace it for a turn 7-8 minion like Ragnaros or Baron Geddon...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Is that a reference to Legend of Zelda?

I agree, I don't have enough familiarity yet to build a deck. I'll wait til I get my hands on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Is that a reference to Legend of Zelda?
    Dunno, could very well be. An example of it closer to home would be D3 where the Witchdoctor's Hex spell (that normally turns mobs into chickens) has a rune that let's you turn yourself into an Angry Chicken that explodes for damage. Though that too could probably be traced back to Zelda, I suppose.

EDIT: Forgot to say: I'm wortking on a deck, rather similar to the Jaraxxus deck linked a few posts up, minus the destroying minions idea that that one has going. Still mulling things over in my mind though and reading through cards.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-03-28 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm. Without playing, I don't know what works, so my mind instantly goes to MTG, and everything is based off there. But, let's see what I can do. Two things I love to do: draw cards, and inflict indirect damage. First deck I'm gonna look at focuses on drawing. It's a druid.
    Numbers (because I'm lazy): attack, defense, cost

2 Innervate: Gain 2 Mana Crystal this turn only. Holy crap it's like Black Lotus.

2 Nourish: Choose One - Gain 2 Mana Crystals; or Draw 3 cards. Nice. Card drawing is always nice. Five mana cost seems expensive, but with a second option, rather nice

2 Power of the Wild: Choose One – Give your minions +1/+1; or summon a 3/2 Panther. More optional stuff, always nice. Assuming you can get a lot of creatures out, the power buff could be devastating

2 Savagery: Deal damage equal to your hero's attack to all enemy minions. I'm still not sure how much attack heroes have, but even at one this is a nice effect.

2 Wrath: Choose One – Deal 3 damage; or Deal 1 damage and draw a card. Again, options. Plus card drawing.

2 Ancient of Lore Choose One: Draw 2 cards; or Restore 8 Health. 5 5 7 . See, this is what I'm talking about. I assume that effect takes place when the creature enters the battlefield, but nothing is specified. There must some kind of rules text for these things

1 Cenarius Choose One: Give all friendly minions +2/+2; or summon two 2/2 Treants with Taunt. 5 8 8. Getting expensive here, need some cheaper creatures.

2 Arcane golem Charge
    Battlecry: Give your opponent a Mana Crystal. 4 2 3

2 Bloodmage Thalnos Spell Power: +1.
    Deathrattle: Draw a crad. 1 1 2 I'm all about drawing cards.

1 Cairne Bloodhoof Deathrattle: Summons a 4/5 Baine Bloodhoof. Just because. Stats still unknown it seems though

2 Cult Master When one of your other minions dies, draw a card. 3 4 4 Card, cards cards!

2 Earthen Ring Farseer Battlecry: Restore 3 Health. 3 3 3 This is how "life gain" should work. Extra effect added on to other creatures.

2 Gadgetzan Auctioneer When you cast a spell, draw a card. 4 4 5 CAAAARDSS!!!!!

2 Hogger At the end of your turn, summons a 2/2 Gnoll with Taunt. 4 4 6 Haha, Hogger. Free creatures.

2 Mogu'shan Warden Taunt 1 7 4 Yes, defense please. With the way combat works in this game, Taunt seems to be the only way to force getting attacked.

Onyxia When you draw a card, deal damage to characters. 4 12 9 It doesn't specify how much, but CAAAAARDDDDSS!!!

2 Shieldbearer Taunt
    Enrage: +1 Attack. 0 4 1 Even without enrage, seems a great creature to start the game with

2 Sunfury Protector Battlecry: Your other minions gain Taunt. 2 3 2 Whoa

The Beast Deathrattle: Summons a 3/3 Finkle Einhorn for your opponent. 10 6 6 A 3/3 is nothing when you're duking out 10 points of damage a turn before it dies.

34. Is there a maximum card limit? I hope not, or at least I hope it's not 30 period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a maximum card limit? I hope not, or at least I hope it's not 30 period.
    Decks are 30 cards, period. >.<

And on the way that card effects work, from what we've seen in the gameplay video all effects are immediate when you play the cards, not later. Unless a card is "secret" in which case it's on the playing field upside down till conditions are met. Things like Taunt and such work differently of course, but the Battle Cry effects seem to always be immediate.

EDIT: late edit, while rereading your deck, I just realised you might also want to knwo about cards in hand limit: I've heard it's 10 cards in hand, but that was from some random dude who thought that he saw that while playing it at Pax. Take with a grain of salt till we can confirm in some way.

Also, like your deck build up. It's largely what I had in mind too, getting some cards that give extra draws. As a warlock with a draw Hero ability that should set me up nicely. Still looking over cards and pondering balance though. I don't want to go overboard on the drawing part and miss out on damaging Minions. I like some of the Undead minions I saw too, so may incorporate some of them into my deck as well. Kind of have a Necromancer/Summoner flavour going.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-03-29 at 01:00 AM.

I think this is a little too soon to be making "dream decks", heck you can't even play the game yet.
    At least wait until Beta, there may be a ton of changes to the card set.

Deleted
    Pendulous, yeah as someone who played MTG rigorously i also imagined my dream deck close to yours (also instantly thought black lotus lol) But when the drooling at the unlimited amount of card draw available i realized that we have half the normal deck size of MTG and we no longer have to struggle with "wasted" land draw later in the game, all new cards you draw are in some way useful and an excessive amount of card draw might end up killing you faster then you think with only 30 cards in the deck.

So yeah i will have to test out how much draw my deck can hold before it turns to be too much of a good thing.

What about the card "Wild Growth" from the druid series, It's basically the green card "Rampant Growth" from MTG which seems like it would fit perfectly for a deck with heavy duty minions. Together with the black lotus it could be getting out ridiculously large dudes very early in the game that your opponent can't handle.

I can see the "Pint-sized Summoner" being a stable minion in most decks aswel being a medium sized cheap dude that makes your bigger dudes come out faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    I can see the "Pint-sized Summoner" being a stable minion in most decks aswel being a medium sized cheap dude that makes your bigger dudes come out faster.
    I sort of gave up again on trying to make a deck. There's just too many good cards out there that I'd want to have, and without having the game in hand to experiment with things like "how many card draws do I need to have sufficient flow of cards, but not so much that I run into my 10 card hand limit"

Especially early on, when you don't have the mana yet to play many cards, getting many cards won't be of much help. The druid deck might be VERY strong in that respect, cause you can add mana crystals in several ways that help you get those minions on the table. I won't have anything like that as a Warlock, BUT I have several class minions that have me discard cards on play, so I'll need a healthy flow of cards into my hands just to be able to play at all.

Not sure if such an obvious problem and drawback is fair in the game yet, or if the Druid's penchant for early game dominance won't be too powerful. I've just read that there's going to be a roadmap for revealing all the cards, so I hope Blizzard starts rolling out those reveals soon-ish. I really need to start seeing complete card decks for all classes so I can compare and see what I like in terms of style. Warlock was my initial choice, but I'm much more open to the idea of experimentation now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    Pendulous, yeah as someone who played MTG rigorously i also imagined my dream deck close to yours (also instantly thought black lotus lol) But when the drooling at the unlimited amount of card draw available i realized that we have half the normal deck size of MTG and we no longer have to struggle with "wasted" land draw later in the game, all new cards you draw are in some way useful and an excessive amount of card draw might end up killing you faster then you think with only 30 cards in the deck.
    That's true. I assume it works the same way as other games. If you run out of cards in your deck, you lose.

Deleted
    That's true. I assume it works the same way as other games. If you run out of cards in your deck, you lose.
    I think cards are cycled to the bottom of your deck after use/they are destroyed. Don't quote me on that though!