Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    No matter what you judge someone within the first 10 seconds. You may say you don't but you do subconsciously no matter what.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    I don't intend to find out if it's true by being the next one he rapes. I'm suspicious about men enough as it is, if they've got such a reputation? Hell no, I don't want to be around them.
    Not even going to bother, like i said, your life.

It would depend on who is telling me. Is it coming from a gossip who often talk about people for the sake of talking, or is it coming from someone I trust who wouldn’t say things unless they knew it to be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally keep what I've heard in the back of my mind, and I verify how true said rumors were myself.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 01:42 PM ----------

I don't intend to find out if it's true by being the next one he rapes. I'm suspicious about men enough as it is, if they've got such a reputation? Hell no, I don't want to be around them.
    Then you'd be incredibly easy to manipulate. All we'd have to make is a nasty story about someone you like, have it spread from the other end of town until it reaches you, and BAM.

There are ways to find out what you need to know without involving yourself too deeply. Don't just investigate the object of rumors; investigate those who spread them too.
    Last edited by marthsk; 2013-03-27 at 05:42 PM.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

Deleted
    Only if the information comes from a bloodbrother or someone of equal trust and for me there are very few. Other than that, screw that, I'll make my own calls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Only if the information comes from a bloodbrother or someone of equal trust and for me there are very few. Other than that, screw that, I'll make my own calls.
    Even that is not a guarantee of information accuracy. They could've been conned as well, for all we know.
    - Woodman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Then you'd be incredibly easy to manipulate. All we'd have to make is a nasty story about someone you like, have it spread from the other end of town until it reaches you, and BAM.
    I wouldn't trust a complete stranger though. If a friend told me on the other hand, yes, I'd trust that.

There are ways to find out what you need to know without involving yourself too deeply. Don't just investigate the object of rumors; investigate those who spread them too.
    I trust my friends enough to not make the assumption they're lying about it.

Deleted
    Even that is not a guarantee of information accuracy. They could've been conned as well, for all we know.
    So very true. Their info might be secondhand, and even if it isn't there's always 2 sides to a coin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't trust a complete stranger though. If a friend told me on the other hand, yes, I'd trust that.

I trust my friends enough to not make the assumption they're lying about it.
    Sometimes it's just a matter of them being lied to as well so a lie could be perpetuated.
    - Woodman

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Someone says to you, oh this guy is bad he does this and this. Later on you meet this guy. In your head you are thinking, wow this is the guy that has done this and this. How awful. Of course you don't ask them about it, it's rude. All said and done and you label him as bad. Never think of it again.

Do you change your mind? Do you have second thoughts about said person? Perhaps it was just a lie, or not a lie but something that they heard from another source. Do you feel it's best to investigate before coming to a conclusion. I feel it's really a bad thing. People may not realise what they saying will affect a person's view of another.

Myself, I don't judge or come to a conclusion unless there is at least another source. Even then, I'm still sceptical.
    To some extent yes, I'll have more than one opinion about people though. I might listen to what someone says about someone else, but I'll also form my own opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure, the opinion on said person is in my mind when I meet him/her. I won't decide whether it's true or not untill I really know that person. I mean, a person can be nice to someone but mean to another. I do not think badly about someone untill I know for certain what's said is true.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

I do not judge someone based off of secondhand knowledge, however I may be careful of signs to confirm said knowledge.

Deleted
    If I'm hearing it from someone I trust, yes, I do. But, I always leave a little room for my own impressions if I have to interact with them.

I always think about this one. It's the reason there is so much doubt between people.

no, but first impressions mean an awful lot. I won't assume things wherever I notice I might.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I do, although I try not to. I also change that opinion based on personal experience with the person.
    These..., when i was in high school these happened to me with 2 guys, i heard that they were really bad and that they were assholes, so i though that, but then i started talking with one of them and i realized that they were really cool, after that i changed the way i looked at them