Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need help with trinkets.

Alright, I've been searching google and even these forums and I can't seem to find a straight answer on which trinkets I should be going for in ToT. Now, I've only just started getting back into the game. So currently LFR is the only thing I've been doing. No normal modes yet. I would just like a break down of maybe the top 5 trinkets for each spec. Thank you in advance.

Deleted
    I've been wondering the same thing ><, i've currently got RoY 2/2, LoTc(N) 2/2 and the 522 vendor one, not sure if to switch RoY or LoTc, ive currently swapped it with LoTc, as RoY int on int seems awesome for destro.. what spec do you play?

Deleted
    Sim your character with different trinket setups and you will get your answer. Thats what i do everytime i lay my hands on a new one.

I don't know if simming is the best answer, SimC doesn't play Warlock particularly well and your results may not be accurate; the best way of comparing different trinkets is by actually testing them in game. That being said, the Lei Shen trinket is supposed to be great for all three specs, particularly so for Demo and Affy. Che-Ye and Breath of the Hydra are also very good... I'm not so sure about Wushoolay's.

Like I said, I'd take what I can get and compare afterwards in game.

Deleted
    Destro apl in simcraft is not perfect but its the strongest tool out there. Testing stuff in game is obviously good but stuff like trinket uptime cannot be determined properly in game, unless you make thousands of tries.

Deleted
    Lei shen trinket is underrated for affliction in simcraft in my opinion. I havn't had the chance to properly test it ingame vs a breath / wush combo. But the trinket really makes your opener burst insane and proccing at the right time can be impossible to catch up with.

I think this tier is all about encounters and playstyles to how you adjust your trinkets instead the sims of your character. I don't like simcraft at all this tier, its flawed and its time you need to play with your trinkets as a part of your rotations. The huge proc chance of the trinkets add an RNG factor to your gameplay that makes you need to take more crucial decisions over the length of a fight.

All in all, all trinkets are viable for all 3 specs, but you really need the Lei Shen trinket for Demonology and you won't come far without it as Affliction either tbh

Lei Shen + Cha Ye is pretty much a must use for both Affliction and Demonlogy... their synergy together creates so absolutely insane burst potential. Even if you only have Lei Shen, you can easily get to 700k DPS on the opener on a fight like council. The only fight I'm not really satisfied with the trinket for is Jin'Rohk as it tends to proc before the first pool comes out but even then, I'd say it's reliable enough that you'll get it at least several times during the fight in a pool.

I've been hearing so much about the Lei Shen trinket. I wants it so bad.... my precious

Deleted
    the problem is, there are so many good trinkets this tier, i can certainly see the advantage of wusho, breath of the hydra, lei shen and cha-ye trinket, the problem is to figure out which combo is best for each spec, as i doubt that there are a combo that is best for both afflic and destro, so you'll prolly end up with multiple trinkets for each spec, atleast atm i cant really think of the best combo for any of the lock specs. ofc the most logical choice is the wushoo and lei shen combo, as being able to put up 100% crit dots with +13k int should trump anything out there, the question is how often you will be able to do that, same goes for the lei shen cha ye combo, the 100% crit chance does give you a lot of possible chances for cha ye procs. i can certainly see the lei shen trink being BiS for afflic but not so much for destro due to its short duration.

the problem I see with Lei Shen trinket and Wush is the ramp up time for Wush coinciding with the Lei Shen proc which is such a short duration. I think it would be better to have a heavy hitting proc like Cha-Ye's or Breath. I'm interested to see the proc rate difference between those two, I currently have Cha-Ye's and I've noticed it procs very, very often.

Currently its insanely frustrating to not get your Wush trinket proccing during pull on which you BL.
    As I am by no means an expert I was wondering if its actually worth saving your darksoul until it procs because Wush gives more intellect boost than all other buffs I have combined and the darksoul duration and the Wush build up time is nearly identical.

Additionally the problem Wush creates is that you can go over hit cap pretty easily.

Ppl can say reacting to trinket play adds depth to your play which is true, its also frustrating to do exactly the same twice and get extremely different dps values due to shit not proccing.

lei shen without cha-yes is pretty meh for afflic. I have the trinket but its sitting in my bag until i get cha-yes or hydra. i also have the valor trinket but no other combination of trinkets i have seems to beat RoY 2/2 and lotch 2/2 im using for now. simcraft tells me i should be using valor+lei shen, but in game its just not that good together.

the fact that you can stack haste to increase lei shen proc chance, and the proc of lei shen helping to proc cha-yes makes the combo so deadly. i imagine wush+hydra is pretty nice. also lei shen+hydra

Deleted
    Yeah, atm for when im needing to go aff i throw 2/2 roy on, and 2/2 normal lotc, seems to work perfectly, and for destro, i keep roy 2/2 and swap lotc for the valor trink.. seems to work well, havent had much luck in RF let alone in normal raids for trinks.. but time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    the problem I see with Lei Shen trinket and Wush is the ramp up time for Wush coinciding with the Lei Shen proc which is such a short duration. I think it would be better to have a heavy hitting proc like Cha-Ye's or Breath. I'm interested to see the proc rate difference between those two, I currently have Cha-Ye's and I've noticed it procs very, very often.
    You're right. It is possible to pull with just SB: SS and hold on to Darksoul until Wush has say 5 stacks and then pop everything. As for as Lei Shen, since trinkets that are re-equipped have 30 second ICD, would it be possible to unequip and equip it say 20 seconds before pull and get it to proc 10 seconds in the fight? I don't have it so I can't test that yet. Even if it works, it will still be a huge pain in the ass to get everything to line up since the proc is only 4 seconds and because rppm trinkets still don't proc off the pull sometimes.

Edit: Unequipping and equipping trinkets does seem to delay it from proccing, but being on this horrible rppm system makes it so they sometimes proc in exactly 30 seconds like expected and sometimes go 2-3 minutes without a single proc. Basically not worth doing this and normal dark soul off the pull nets highest dps on average.
    Last edited by mystogunn; 2013-04-01 at 04:45 PM.

Not sure what you're referring to with 30 sec ICD, the RPPM trinkets don't have an ICD and the VP trinket and LoTC have 45 sec ICDs

10+ Year Old Account
    Wushoolay's Final Choice and Breath of the Hydra.

Deleted
    I'm currently sitting with Wushoolays and Hydra, hopefully gonna get Lei Shen tonight, think it'd be a better dps increase to replace Wushoolay's as Affliction?

Quote Originally Posted by AngelovV View Post
    Wushoolay's Final Choice and Breath of the Hydra.
    So they are RPPM with ICDs? That kind of sucks, I've seen Cha-Ye's chain proc a few times since I've been testing it. I guess that would make Cha-Ye's the better of the three

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    So they are RPPM with ICDs? That kind of sucks, I've seen Cha-Ye's chain proc a few times since I've been testing it. I guess that would make Cha-Ye's the better of the three
    No ICD, Ive had it proc again right after it ended plenty of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Belmorn View Post
    No ICD, Ive had it proc again right after it ended plenty of times.
    Which trinket are you referring to? I only have Cha-Ye's so I know for a fact it has no ICD, but I was under the impression there was no ICD for any RPPM trinket whatsoever. When I stated this earlier, AngelovV simply referred to Breath and Wush without any elaboration.

EDIT: Maybe he was just responding to the OP now that I see it in context.
    Last edited by Xandy; 2013-04-01 at 08:18 PM.