Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by karl1ok View Post
    - ANYTHING that involves "trained" personel. Aka police / army / special forces / private security.
    Every single one of those will know that an assult rifle is better than an SMG, and an SMG better than a pistol.

All the army / arms stuff annoy me because I know how it works from my time in the army.
    Actually, it depends on the target. Real life hostage rescue teams, SWAT teams, and certain branches of special forces often DO favor SMGs over assault rifles. An assault rifle normally fires high velocity round, and if not using certain types of ammunition, has been known to pass right through a "soft"(ie, non-body army wearing) target. It's also been known to pass through walls and risk hitting people across the street, in the next room, etc. In a "civilian" environment against non-body armor wearing opposition, a 9mm or .40 hollowpoint is more likely to stop the target and not risk civilian casualties that a high velocity 5.56 round. And of course, in some situations, a group might not be allowed to carry assault rifles(OR SMGs, not all private security agencies are authorized to carry more than a pistol), or might need something more discreet/lighter. I mean, the average cop on the beat doesn't walk around with an assault rifle or SMG, nor does the average FBI agent. Sure, in certain situations they will use a rifle or SMG, but if they just wind up in the middle of a situation, they may well only have their pistol. So really, the situation dictates the weapon more than anything, in some situations, trained personnel WILL choose an SMG over an assault rifle, and in some cases, they might only be ALLOWED to carry a pistol. I do get what you mean, generally speaking though-if a trained soldier/cop/whatever is knowingly going into a high risk situation, he's not gonna drop out of a helicopter onto the roof of a building carrying just a Beretta 92(seeemolition Man) or a pair of Desert Eagles(see:Resident Evil).

On a related note, dual wielding guns is pretty much never done in real life. Professional law enforcement or military personnel who are using their pistol will normally use a single pistol with a 2 hand grip barring certain extreme circumstances. Likewise, NO professional law enforcement agency or military unit carries Desert Eagles, despite what movies would have you believe. They are bulky, have excessive recoil, and have a low magazine capacity-real world cops or soldiers are more likely to have a 1911, SIG, Glock, or something similar.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 12:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    In an epic story, heroes don't call down angels to do their work for them.
    In fantasy, sure. Realistically though, if the fate of, well, the entire world was at stake, someone who could call in a favor from an angel likely would. Especially when the alternative is to hope that a handful of guys(only half of whom are even trained in combat/war/survival/whatever) can cross the continent, secretly enter one of the most hostile and inhospitable places in the world, all the while bringing the ONE thing the person who lives in that place WANTS ever closer to him, while being pursued by his agents?

I dunno, it's like if we decided we wanted to nuke Iran by sending in 4 army rangers and 4 scientist guys who've never been out of the lab, start them in Taiwan, and have them carrying the nuke over ground...with Iranian intelligence aware of them travelling, rather than just, you know, sending a bomber to do it.

- Good guys always win, and never end up dead. Bad guys always lose and either end up dead or imprisoned

- The main character always gets the girl he just met at the beginning of the movie

- Movies that are supposed to be about X, but end up being about just humans 90% of the time (like Transformers)

Probably way more I can't remember

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    - Good guys always win, and never end up dead. Bad guys always lose and either end up dead or imprisoned
    Go read A Song of Ice And Fire
    Putin khuliyo

guys giving monologues before killing somebody.

unless you're samuel l. jackson, just STFU and shoot him already.

Bunch of soldiers shooting at somebody and all bullets hit near feet.
    Say what???

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Go read A Song of Ice And Fire
    or watch game of thrones

10+ Year Old Account
    Every Single Show that has a Guest Star who GASP turns out to be the killer. Pretty much every episode of Monk and shows like it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    people randomly typing in keys on a computer to "hack" something

and the know-it-all kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    people randomly typing in keys on a computer to "hack" something

and the know-it-all kid
    And on that note, hackers that can hack anything that happens to be electric.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And on that note, hackers that can hack anything that happens to be electric.
    Actually, yeah, that's probably the number one annoyance for me. Most recently comes to mind in Skyfall. What the hell kind of "hacks" are they using that can play full screen animated taunts on their target's laptop and... of all things... cause the freaking gas to go on in a room and cause it to explode via faulty wiring. Seriously, wtf Skyfall?