Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    The Alliance and their need to grief lowbie levelers by killing QGs and Flightmasters.
    Pretty sure that's not unique to any faction.

The thing that grinds my gears are people who can't play as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    No - but it DID make it popular. And I'm guessing from the OP who's Forum Identity is also that of another popular Movie character name - I can't imagine the two are very far apart. :P
    People who encounter something that is many years old, has been said or referenced in a thousand places, but assume that one particular place they happened to encounter it first is where everyone else on the planet heard it first, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulryth View Post
    please send tell?
    I get that PST stands for "please send tell" but I always read as someone asking to whisper them but using the sound effect of "psst"

10+ Year Old Account
    The constant desire of the community to pretend they are all in the top Guild in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

What "grinds my gears" are people who use terms and phrases made popular by TV shows as if it's their own... phrase like "You know what grinds my gears" from Family Guy...
    Because Family Guy invented that saying? Couldn't possibly be as old as manual transmissions and people who can't use a clutch properly.

What grinds my gears are self-righteous pricks. If you think that applies to you, it probably does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladed View Post
    What grinds my gears are self-righteous pricks. If you think that applies to you, it probably does.
    What really grinds my gears if anything are people who play soccer bad. It actually annoys me. It mars the beuaty of the game. I also wouldn't be surprised if I was a self-righteous prick haha!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    The constant desire of the community to pretend they are all in the top Guild in the world.
    This. It's so sad seeing people pretend like they are awesome because they raided AQ in classic or Black Temple in BC when it "meant something to raid" because it's the only way to console themselves that (even with gear being more available than ever) they're miles behind the top guilds and most can't even finish a Hard Mode raid until the next tier is out.

The reality is that plenty of terrible guilds made it through most of the old raid content, because you could always compensate for skill by grinding gear longer. The truly skilled players are the ones pushing the envelop, not the ones whining because people don't need to spend as much time farming content they've already done to progress.

When you see someone in trade posting WTS "item here" for a few hours... Then you decide hey I want that now! And you whisper them with a offer... And they do opps I meant to say WTB...

Quote Originally Posted by ******* View Post
    Gratz to Method for their WORLD SECOND Heroic Lei Shen and WORLD FIRST Heroic Lei Shen 25.
    ^This, can't people just leave it at two separate brackets and not compare them all the time and argue which is harder, which counts etc....

10+ Year Old Account
    The reaction of this community to anyone with any criticism no matter how slight it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayydd View Post
    Im sure this type of subject has been done before but here I go.

People who camp flight paths to gank afker's. Like the guy today in Townlong Steppes. I walked away while i was in flight and when I got back I was dead.

And how about those idiots that pull Dinos into your Oondasta raid so they can farm bones.

Your turn.
    Why? Ever since I started playing the game I know full well if I take a FP and go afk, 90% of the time I'll be dead when I come back. I'm not even surprised anymore, why waste so much energy being annoyed by it!

What "grinds my gears" is impolite people. Or people who try to look superior to anyone by calling others "mouthbreathers" and the like. Focus on your own game, there's probably tons to improve.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-03-27 at 10:09 PM.

When your raid carries a total dog shit player just because they're a woman.

People who kill you when you are AFK, people who attack you when you have done nothing, people who attack you when you have several mobs and half your hp, people who kill lower level people, and so on.

Basically lots of PVP-douches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    When your raid carries a total dog shit player just because they're a woman.
    Have seen this so often it's not even funny. Usually they have some personal relationship with the guild leader or raid leader or an officer, not always mind you but usually that's whats up.

What "grinds my gears" are people who use terms and phrases made popular by TV shows as if it's their own... phrase like "You know what grinds my gears" from Family Guy...
    This is funny. What grinds my gears are kids who think that a phrase that is probably 100 years old is actually made popular by a fairly recent, brainless TV show, that only a simpleton would find worth watching.

I've never watched the Family Guy, but to me the phrase "grinds my gears" was made popular by my mother. I can remember her saying this (and other silly phrases) all the time when I was growing up over 30 years ago.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 05:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vulryth View Post
    please send tell?

"PST ME" is gear grinding because it doesn't make sense to say, "Please send tell me". It's not personally gear grinding to me, because I just figure those people are newbies and don't know what PST means, or are idiots. Either way, we were all newbies once, and I have sympathy on the mentally deficient, so it doesn't bother me.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-03-27 at 10:28 PM.

* Spelling - rouge, Ogrimmar, Death Night
    * "short hand" slang - pl0x, lulz, gg
    * People who fight with Trade trolls
    * Lazy people - "LF 1 Linen cloth". Really? You can't run out the front gate and kill a lvl 6 humanoid mob?
    * Beggars - "Can sumone give me 3200 gold for flying pl0x? I will pay you back." No. And don't lie. It is not tough to make money in this game
    * Undercutters - I am selling the same item in the AH just 1 copper cheaper just 20 seconds after you posted to make you waste the deposit to undercut me back.
    * Jumpers - Night Elves and Humans who feel it necessary to jump around in a dungeon/raid group while we are paused.

These are just a few things. They don't always grind my gears, but depending on my mood, they have been known to set me off and get me telling the truth and calling them out for it.

anyone who spells druid as drood. I mean is that supposed to be some sort of "abreviation"?

bots in battlegrounds

people not defending pvp objectives in a bg (example: stay in a tower until it burns in av) and instead fighting in the midle of the road, or just starring at van as tho doing this will make us win that game.

lolwut?

That phrase is far, far older than Family Guy.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    lolwut?

That phrase is far, far older than Family Guy.
    Yea but it was popularized by family guy. Borat said alot of crap I heard before too but it wasn't until borat came along that every tom dick and harry was saying "HI FIVE" "I LIKE" or "HOW MUCH?"

pvp and people who report recount without anyone asking for it.