Deleted

Magera (Hydra boss) pet issues?

Just read in another thread (pally one) about pets not working properly on this boss - anyone experienced this?

As BM, I have not had this happen.
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>

I haven't noticed any unusual behavior from either my pet or from Dire Beast. I haven't been looking at my logs, though.

Yea my pet did 1 attack on this fight, though the boss is so easy its a non issue (atleast for normal).

Yes. Had to re summon it during transitions. Because we had no melee last night, I took the liberty to stand were they usually stand and notice my pet would position itself out in the water behind the boss. I don't know if my pet is following the heads or I'm just ranging it when I switch to the next head.

It seems, for some anyway as I had this issue, that if you don't switch fast enough or stand back at range a little too far you pet will despawn. Most likely due to the pet following the heads and having weird pathing issues. Just make it a habit to manually switch your pet to each head if this is an issue.

Deleted
    yeah my hunter is my uber alt and i didnt know this when i got in a random pug. i got replaced

Deleted
    My pet falls down and teleports up when I run to another head.
    Quality pet AI, as always.

This happened to me tonight: I tried to dismiss/resummon and had issues with my pet. I still did 3rd in damage, but I did take a hit from it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same as a frostmage, the frozen orb just launches backwards into nothing, pretty frustrating
    Why have a signature? What I just posted states how retarded I am anyways.

Oh, assuming the pet is trying to follow the previously targeted head, that explains why I haven't been having issues. I've used a Hunter's Mark/start autoattack/petattack macro for years now, and I still hit it every time I swap to a new target out of habit, since I don't use that keybind for anything else.

I haven't had a problem just switching to our new target as soon as it's up. I assume if you are just stacking for Rampage and not DPSing, this might be an issue of following the previous head, but otherwise it should move to your new head when you start attacking it. There's only a downtime of 3-5s.