Thread: Heroic Horridon

Heroic Horridon

We just got to this last night, heroic 10 man, only had a couple of goes. The add that follows you for the encounter is pretty easy to deal with, however I did for lols on a wipe just stick my pet on that add and it seemed to deal with the add ok, anyone else doing this or just letting multishots hit the add keep the pet on the boss, playing survival btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    We just got to this last night, heroic 10 man, only had a couple of goes. The add that follows you for the encounter is pretty easy to deal with, however I did for lols on a wipe just stick my pet on that add and it seemed to deal with the add ok, anyone else doing this or just letting multishots hit the add keep the pet on the boss, playing survival btw.
    Keep your pet on the boss and let your barrage/multi-shot/snake trap deal with the dire horn.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Snake Trap works pretty well too. Between that, Multi Shot, and Barrage, it practically takes care of itself.

Definitely snake trap, and effectively use explosive trap too.

And of course a /target /cast something /targetlasttarget is great too for emergency

Snake trap hit the add multiple times?. I did know about leaving the pet on the boss before but as I said I just tried it for lols. How effective and reliable is the snake trap?

Snake trap hit the add multiple times?. I did know about leaving the pet on the boss before but as I said I just tried it for lols. How effective and reliable is the snake trap?
    Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't because the snakes go and run to another target (gets aggravating in P2 where you kind of need snake trap). From personal experience it works nearly 100% of the time in P1 and in P2 a little less. If all else fails you'll have to manually hit it with some spells.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Leaving the pet on one static target (on passive) is a general rule for most encounters where you need to switch targets a lot. Yor'sahj, will of the emperor, zon'ozz, tortos and so on. And snake trap is rly reliable, so long as you don't miss the dino ofc. The snakes will stay on it and hit it multiple times.

Deleted
    If you drop it far away from the other adds the snaks usually go to your direhorn spirit. You still need to keep your eye on the spirit but it's quite reliable combined with Barrage. On the final phase with just Horridon alive you can keep the spirit off you with just snake traps.

Don't forget that if it gets really far away, it can bug out. Not sure how far, or why (only happened to me once) - but it started evading and I had to run around and kite it.. it was god damn annoying because we needed to stack for the 3rd gate, and the direhorn would just evade..

Thanks for the tips, here's hoping we get him down tonight and reach top 10 guilds on Silvermoon EU, currently 14th, thanks for the tips chaps.

Deleted
    O hi dere Windy!

Haha what you doing on hunter forums .