Big Change Idea for RBGS

So right now AOE CC rules everything in any RBG situation.

Chain CC'ing an entire team with abilities like Mass Grip or Typhoon seem to be the winning strategy these days.

This is mainly why most melee, except maybe a FDK and a ROGUE are not welcome in rbgs.

My idea is to have a debuff similar to Battle Fatigue applied when you enter RBGs. The debuff would do either one of two things. It would either lesson the duration on ALL aoe CC effects by so many seconds....

or

AOE CC effects would simply DR quicker.

Thoughts? It's really annoying that I'm laughed at and told to go away simply because I'm WW Spec, and the team wants all ranged and 2 melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my DK, I am running Double or triple warlock, mage, moonkin, shadow priest. I see similar comps alot. Complete caster domination outside of a DK for GG. Hell I even saw 6 fucking locks one game; it was ABN, and he does shit like that, but it works.

This will not change unless a few things are nerfed hard.

Gorefiends grasp into ursol vortex solar beam; Chaos Bolt, and the lack of CD on Poly, Fear, and Clone.

GG Vortex should just be removed, I dont like the playstyle on my DK at all, I think its cheesy and stupid, but at the same time without it Id be rerolling warlock if I want to keep doing RBGs.

Chaos Bolt needs to have half its damage done as a dot, yeah in 3s you can reliable stop bolts, but with 3 locks spread in an RBG it doesnt happen and when 2 connects on 1 target that target just flops over, its overpowered, and thats why I run 2-3 locks.

Then even if that got fixed, and GG Vortex was out, it still would be better to bring a caster because they can spam CC. Why ever take a ret pally or Enh shaman when i can have a Warlock who can have 1 person always in a fear that doesnt even break on damage anymore. Id swear we kill more people on my RBG team in a fear then a stun now.

Warlocks can QQ all day about Arena, but they need serious nerfs if RBGs are too be balanced, and really I'd rather they didnt balance for RBGs but for Arena, but then those assholes force you to RBG for point cap, and as long as GC wants RBGs to be the primary PvP reward giver then he should balance for them.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Well I think tactics like using Typhoon and Gorefiend's grasp should still be useable in rbgs. But as far as relying on them SOULY to win a game...

I always thought that maybe there should be something like Reverse DRs...

for example... CC Cast by a ranged class onto a melee class will DR MUCH faster then if it was cast on another ranged.

Same could go for melee... a melee trying to CC a ranged class would DR quicker.

I think this would gimp some teams that rely only on Ranged because there would be times when their CC strats would become useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    On my DK, I am running Double or triple warlock, mage, moonkin, shadow priest. I see similar comps alot. Complete caster domination outside of a DK for GG. Hell I even saw 6 fucking locks one game; it was ABN, and he does shit like that, but it works.
    I think they had 7 at one point. I'm not sure though, only heard people in guild talking about it.

The problem with Warlocks is that the more you have, the more Chaos Bolts are going to be going out. You can pretty reliably keep one warlock from casting chaos bolts for most an RBG match, but when you get 2, 3 or maybe 4 warlocks all casting Chaos Bolts into the same target, it's nearly impossible to stop them.

I imagine it'd be the same if Powershot didn't have a CD, people would stack 2-3 Hunters because if 2 Powershots land at the same time, someone will die.

Vortex+Beam has already been nerfed on PTR. The glyph of Solar Beam got removed, so now the Vortex is bigger than the beam - which basically means you will be able to leave the Solar Beam without leaving the Vortex. This is a pretty big nerf to Boomkins in Arena too, as Vortex+Beam was the only way Druids could really get kills without being babysat by another class (same problem Ele has).

In general, I don't think AoE CC is the problem. Even if a team ran Enh / Ret / DK / Rogue / Warrior with a Resto Druid so the Enh could symbiosis. They could potentially grip beam with a vortex, have swifty bladestorm inside a smokebomb -- which might land a kill or two, but as soon as it was over the melee would have to chase the other team to do any damage. This forces the melee teams healers closer into the fight and means they can just be easily CCd or swapped too by the ranged-heavy team.

Ever remember having an AV team fight, as soon as a melee over extends he gets fully dotted up and blown up by all the ranged. It's the same principle in RBGs - but even more organised. Melee just don't fit the design of RBGs at all (apart from RBGs like Kotmogu and SS Mines).

They are removing glyph of solar beam so that will help a little bit in terms of dealing with vortex beam.

I honestly think AOE grip should be removed. My main is a DK so don't say I'm biased. It's extremely cheesy and a stupid way to cause an insane amount of pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    They are removing glyph of solar beam so that will help a little bit in terms of dealing with vortex beam.

I honestly think AOE grip should be removed. My main is a DK so don't say I'm biased. It's extremely cheesy and a stupid way to cause an insane amount of pressure.
    It does seem like one of those spells that can be exploited pretty easily in pvp. But it's a slippery slope. Once you remove AOE grip, what next? Ring of Peace?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    It does seem like one of those spells that can be exploited pretty easily in pvp. But it's a slippery slope. Once you remove AOE grip, what next? Ring of Peace?
    YES! YES! YES! Fuck YES! That shit shouldnt exist. Its a disarm and silence that doesnt DR, is AOE, and on a 45s CD.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    YES! YES! YES! Fuck YES! That shit shouldnt exist. Its a disarm and silence that doesnt DR, is AOE, and on a 45s CD.

You know I wouldn't have a problem with that if they did it for a few other AOE CC spells. Then I could take one of the more fun skills like Leg Sweep or my personal favorite Rushing Ox Wave. It would also make MW healers not REQUIRED in rbgs at this point, and would give WW's more of a chance.